Power of Rush Buy Mansa immortal

Well, started off with waking some workers for railing duty.

We are still the least advance Civ:

Then Gandhi builds the Apollo Program admist a war :hmm: :rolleyes:

After gifting him some skimishers, Gandhi took peace :arrgh:

Turns out that he vassalize to Mehmed.

I rushed some laboratories and the remaining science building that somehhow didn't get built. Some time in 1730, Hatty completed the Apollo as well ... hmmm.

We got more gold to fund research ... speaking of which, I got Industrialism, and we got Al in one of the existing mines (I think). Anyway ther eis another source which is duly connected,

Managed to get Biology to help with the starvation problem. Also started the Apollo Program once IW finishes. I set research to plastics (for Robotics). I have also got us some infantries and tanks. Continue building those since JC and Mehmed are now at peace.

With industrialism, ivory is obsoleted. Also, Mehmed cancelled the fur trade, so some red-faces already appear. I tentatively set culture to 10% to combat it.

ON turn 0 did this deal, making maxmed bizy again.

Next turn Hatty made peace with Roosevelt and JC.

Immideatly pull off this deal:

AS result of that we are the only civ that have foreign trade. (Print screen from wrong point, he just give war with Maxmed.
Well, maxmed trade with his Vassal, that is all.

Next turn Maxmed cancel open borders. I stayed in Taoism, as maxmed bizy, but in need we might consider free religion or buddism.

Got one more GM, it is traveling to other continent at the moment.

Well, seens only we trade, we have highers GNP.

Research wize went Robotic-Refrigeration-Genetics.
WE need health and life support is one of expencive modules.

JC took Calcuta from Maxmed, then gundy took Calcuta from JC.
Rushed some more Lubs and in Appolo program city, if we rush building after one turn, all overflow go to World wander with out sloving it down.

Well, Have to run, do not think I will be able to log any longer, may be one's from work or so.

I think we are in very good position to win.

OK, here it is.

By the way, we are tech leaders.

Attachments

• Rush Buy Mansa 2 AD-1802.CivWarlordsSave
    363.4 KB · Views: 132
I'm just now back--I can post some thoughts later tonight for play tomorrow.

Nice going Mutineer--way to stir up trouble. I think we're in pretty good shape if we avoid a war. So if Mehmed -JC make peace I think take free religion.

tech wise I like genetics then go out to fusion leaving ecology for last as normal.

Put down workshops in Corinth as health improves.

OK here we go:
Everything looks good.
IBT gandhi cancels gold for hit musicals.
Romans capture Karachi
1810 we lose a dye tile. I start Scotland Yard in Knossos. Also building some watermills.
IBT JC completes Apollo.
1814 gift some sk,spear to JC--looks like Mehmed is the threat. Not sure if this is correct.
1816 Apollo in.

I think we're looking pretty good. The world war continues.

I research genetics-sat and start fission.

Fairly quiet set. Highlights were:

- JC and Roosy made peace with Mehmed, but the former's peace treaty has expired and he's ready to go again (see below).

- We got a GS. I've saved him for a GA (with the GE from Fusion).

- Reconnected the Oil and the Iron a couple of times after sabotage.

- Completed Fission and Fibre Optics (there were no buildings worth rushing).

- SY completed: 2 Spies trained and the third on the way. I reckon pillaging Mehmed's 2 Alu would be the way to go, but only once we shut down research after Ecology.

- Roosy asked us to cancel with Mehmed, which I declined.

I think we should make the following trades:

As Ghandi is Mehmed's vassal, M will DoW Jules so no diplo hit for us with the Ottomans.

We can snag a bunch of gold to fund our final leg of research:

As far as our cities go, some are starving a bit but they won't lose pop before launch. As for the Golden Age, I'd wait until we start the Life Support: without Copper it won't be the quick build it normally is. This way, I think we'll be able to finish the engine at the same time.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96651/Rush_Buy_Mansa_2_AD-1844.CivWarlordsSave

More stuff: Roosy's peace deal expires in a couple of turns, so if we can get him at war with Ghandi (and therefore Mehmed), we should be able to launch unmolested in 15-20 turns. Maybe the GA should start with 2 turns of Ecology to go in the hope of trimming it by a turn.

Having mulled it over, I don't we need to risk angering Mehmed with Spies as he's too far behind in tech to beat us to Space. We just need to avoid invasion then we'll win.

Inherited turns, I checked through the cities and tech requirements. I think we should maximize research to enable Ecology as soon as possible. Currently, we are maximizing wealth to fund 100% research, but there is a better way to fund deficit research. So, on top of bribing JC to war, I also teach Mehmed how to freeze over in hell in exchange of all his money:

Change most cities to research, even those building Casings and Thrusters. No rush in building them, since it is all last part that counts (plus Golden Age would speed things up a little, so I rather build them during golden age.

Hence when the Fusion engineer joined our empire, I decided to go for immediate Golden Age, speeding Ecology to 2 turns.

I did some conversion of farms and dye plantations to workshops, and managed to have both Engine and Life Support down to 5 turns.

I see no point in passing the save to the next guy, so there you go, 5 turns later:

Recount of our history ... I think the war against Greeks was crucial, and of-course the rushbuy period which nicely boosted our science and economy is equally critical.

The graphs:

And the demographics. We are not in the top 5 cities, but our GNP, Land Size, and Production are pretty good.

Finally, the units built/kill ratio, I added quite a bit of Mech Inf while waiting for the 2 final parts.

We got Augustus rating, of-course.

Thanks for this game, it taught me two things: (1) slavery with HR, and (2) rush-buy hammers overflow.

Spoiler :

Logging by Ruff's Cobbled Mod Pack v2.0.4 (Warlords v2.08) - New Log Entries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 292/460 (1844 AD) [06-Oct-2007 09:44:49]
Julius Caesar(Rome) declares war on Gandhi(India)
Julius Caesar(Rome) declares war on Mehmed II(Ottomans)
Knossos grows: 19
Knossos finishes: Spy
Corinth finishes: Taoist Temple
Mycenae grows: 19
Sparta grows: 18
Sparta finishes: SS Stasis Chamber

IBT:
Attitude Change: Mehmed II(Ottomans) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Julius Caesar(Rome) towards Mehmed II(Ottomans), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 293/460 (1846 AD) [06-Oct-2007 09:59:41]
Tech learned: Fusion
Ferdinand de Lesseps (Engineer) (Great Engineer) born in Timbuktu

IBT:
Attitude Change: Mehmed II(Ottomans) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 294/460 (1848 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:01:29]
Research begun: Ecology (3 Turns)
Golden Age begins
A Workshop was built near Corinth

IBT:
A Well was destroyed near Knossos
Hinduism has spread: Timbuktu
Attitude Change: Julius Caesar(Rome) towards Hatshepsut(Egypt), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 295/460 (1850 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:07:17]
Tech learned: Ecology

IBT:

Turn 296/460 (1852 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:08:44]
Research begun: Flight (3 Turns)
A Workshop was built near Sparta
Knossos begins: Mechanized Infantry (4 turns)

IBT:
Attitude Change: Mehmed II(Ottomans) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 297/460 (1854 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:13:23]
A Workshop was built near Arpinum
A Well was built near Knossos
Burgundian begins: Destroyer (20 turns)
Kumbi Saleh begins: Destroyer (13 turns)
Timbuktu begins: Destroyer (14 turns)

IBT:
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Hatshepsut(Egypt), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Civics Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) from 'Universal Suffrage' to 'Police State'

Turn 298/460 (1856 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:15:54]
Cherokee finishes: SS Casing
Knossos finishes: Mechanized Infantry

IBT:
Attitude Change: Mehmed II(Ottomans) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 299/460 (1858 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:17:32]
Cherokee begins: Tank (5 turns)
Knossos begins: Mechanized Infantry (4 turns)
A Workshop was built near Sparta
Tech learned: Flight
Mycenae finishes: SS Cockpit

IBT:

Turn 300/460 (1860 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:19:25]
Research begun: Medicine (2 Turns)
Mycenae begins: Mechanized Infantry (3 turns)
Cherokee grows: 13
Athens finishes: SS Casing

IBT:
A Well was destroyed near Knossos

Turn 301/460 (1862 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:21:03]
Athens begins: Mechanized Infantry (3 turns)
A Well was built near Knossos
Tech learned: Medicine
Djenne finishes: SS Casing
Knossos finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Argos finishes: SS Thrusters
Mycenae finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Golden Age ends

IBT:
Attitude Change: Mehmed II(Ottomans) towards Julius Caesar(Rome), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Julius Caesar(Rome) towards Mehmed II(Ottomans), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 302/460 (1864 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:22:58]
Research begun: Military Tradition (1 Turns)
Djenne begins: Destroyer (5 turns)
Knossos begins: Bomber (4 turns)
Argos begins: Tank (2 turns)
Mycenae begins: Bomber (3 turns)
A Farm was built near Sparta
A Farm was built near Sparta
Tech learned: Military Tradition
Cherokee finishes: Tank
Corinth finishes: SS Engine
Argos finishes: Tank
Athens finishes: Mechanized Infantry
Sparta finishes: SS Life Support

IBT:

Turn 303/460 (1866 AD) [06-Oct-2007 10:26:04]

Excellent summary report, Greyfox.

Sorry that I didn't have time to invest in playing and debating in this installment, and I don't think I did so well when I did play, but 'well played' to the rest of the team.

Yes, thanks for the summary, GreyFox.

Good game, everyone. Cottages FTW.

Great game guys!

I have to say that for much of the game I didn't think we'd pull it off.

Lessons learned:

1. Relations are key for a comeback like this. For much of the game a single DOW from Mehmed or JC would have finished us off. Good relations also allowed us to start the world war (nicely done Mutineer!) which catapulted us into the lead. But once we had all of Greece we were pretty strong, especially with our traits.

2. Maybe it was the terrain but I didn't think restricting mines to 2 cities late game was much of a deal at all. 2 good producers + some reasonable US cottage spammed cities is enough peaceful production. Losing slavery was not a big deal as it worked out but we gamed it a bit delaying COL and Feud. No drafting limited our options in late game but again OK as it worked out.

3. If you can avoid late war, a decent # of cottage spammed cities can really make up huge ground--especially with a financial leader.

thanks for the summaries Greyfox!

Top Bottom