Power, US politics game

TheDuckOfFlanders

the fish collecter
May i introduce you to a fairly new/in development game that is rather crude but i have found to be rather fun.

http://oppressive.games/power/index.php

Basicly you make a politician in a US state with certain ideological picks (best to take picks that somewhat match youre state) and you try to run for senator, governor, party chairman or president. There are a number of implemented features and more is being added graduatly, the senate is more fleshed out and economy is getting implemented.

It's rather playable and there is plenty of room for intrigue and backstabbing. I must warn people though, it also attracks some unsavory extreme ideological types, the republican party for ex. is currently struggling due to the influence of the "too much right" elements.

Also for many it's a lot about meme's

I think this game can use more intelligent players, so therefore i'm promoting it here. If possible even players of this forum should join and work toghether in secrecy for the glory of Civfanatics, some tried but didn't use enough secrecy.

Last edited:
It's just a game and a man should only brag so much, but as a small Green i have been able to dammage the DNC for about 40 million $'s worth, for a investment of individual republicans and shadow democrats of about 6 million and a gain of about 15 million in the long term for them, and trough that both the inept leadership of the republican party and the DNC have taken a hit to their prestige. This is a game of networking and strategy and even as a small nobody you can do some big stuff just using youre wits. Depends what you like for fun, personally i like gaming against impossible odds, it sharpens up the strategical senses. But i bet this audience knows the feeling.

So a little AAr

I joined the Green party, because i'm a Green, leftist, anticapitalist. And because it appeared an impossible task, and i like those odds.

I took a strategic route, the one the game could afford, small party's are yet not viable but any means to get to power provided by the feature's provided i deem fair. I fugured that it was always in the interrest of the Republicans to fund greens in the 2 party system for split vote, so i presented myself as an ideal provider of such service in the most valuable financial state.

I also declared my Green allegiance, never asked money from the democrats, always made it clear that i was Green, i only used their powergain.

The Democratic leadership saw all my movement as a grave thread. They never considered to negotiate with me. Soon enough the threats came in. Chairman Domai was going to squat me like a bug, his crony's were send to mock:

They won't let me stay above 20% influence, keep that in mind.
But keep also in mind "all attacks on Domai are appreciated". Powerfull people make many enemies right?

So i have made myself very powerfull enemies, i will get attacked right?

But do you see that? There is also funding. I got a few of those pictures.

And this is me after all that

Wait .. 31% influence???

And so because 3 of our tiny greens, the democrats lost the governor and senator of California, and with that loads of extra power to do fundraising with, and much trough bad leadership of Domai in this case. Domai is not a complete moron like the GoP leader, but neither the sharpest cookie. Weve made the democrats loose about 40 milion, and the republicans won a governor, a senator, and after costs can actually make a profit of 10 million due to the extra power to fundraise with.

AND

We reckon that if we can expand our membership with about a dozen, then we think we can make the democrats loose around 300 million $ in a week using the same strategy. That puts us in a position where we can see loads of money passing trough us. Domai has no counter to this.

The real thing many in the game want is to get rid of the GoP and DNC leadership or elements of them and for good reason, and control is kinda for grabs too, to any cabal that can use a outside communications structure and channel to good effect, even with a 3 class cell structure with cell representative's if deemed nessecary. And i think Civfanatics has far superior strategic gamers than whats leading both party's now. I for one "know people who know people", and can tie a few networks toghether trough representatives. I'm also recruiting for the green party afcourse, those interrested in that should might want to go in green memes, maybe someday we will have rhino for president. Besides that i'm interrested to give strategic advice that might help you a good deal along as how to use the game mechanics to practicly guaranteed succes. I'm not the best structural organiser with 100's of people, you guys know who is who, organise youre cabal and send me a representative and ill help you along for the good of the poppulation of this game.

Looks like an interesting game. I joined up, but you know I must help the opposition as we are sworn enemies!

Top Bottom