PPQ Flavor Module

PPQ_Purple

Purple Cube
Fall Further/Rise from Erebus/Ashes of Erebus/Final Fixes Reborn is a mod that has gone through even more modifications than it has names. And one inevitable and regrettable result of this development is that as units changed and civilizations were added he number of unique models has not been keeping pace. I have taken it upon my self to correct this. Or at least to die trying.
This thread is going to be the primary place for all the screenshots, information and eventually releases of my work. So if you are interested in that sort of thing make sure to check in once in a while. Maybe you'll see something you like.
Finally, this is a discussion thread so feel free to make suggestions and provide criticism. I will take everything into account. Also like praise. If there is any of that to go around don't be shy about it either. ;)
The units created so far:
Spoiler Bannor :

Spoiler Catapult :
A relatively simple mod of the standard catapult to include a shield I found on some elite Bannor units and a slightly different texture. Not a huge departure but it does make it look suitably martial.

Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

Spoiler Cannon :
Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

Spoiler Mechanos :

Spoiler Knight/Cavalry :

View attachment 475340 View attachment 475341
Light cavalry version
View attachment 475344 View attachment 475345
Heavy cavalry version
View attachment 475342 View attachment 475343
And a little something I cooked up because I am crazy like that.

Spoiler Airship :
I always disliked the vanilla airship for the mechanos. It just looks so out of place. So I googled up "steampunk airship" and went and made my own version.

Spoiler Warrior :
Emerging from underground and with a working knowledge of copper Mechanos warriors are on average both better armed and smarter dressed than their counterparts. For all the good that will do them.

Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

Spoiler Great People :
Spoiler Engineer :
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

Not surprisingly for a society that values technology and science the Mechanos Great Engineer finds him self quickly advancing through the ranks of the machine cult.

Spoiler Mazatl :
Spoiler Great People :
Spoiler Merchant :
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Lizardmen merchants may chose to imitate the clothes of their foreign counterparts but given their choice of mounts this does little to put their customers at ease.

Spoiler Malakim :

Spoiler Paladin :
View attachment 475443
Comparison to regular paladin and Radiant Guard
View attachment 475444

Spoiler Calabim :

Spoiler Archer :

Spoiler Longbowman :

Spoiler And Horsearcher :

Spoiler A picture of all of them in the game. :

Spoiler Scout :

Spoiler Catapult :

Spoiler Legion of D'tesh :

Spoiler Catapult: Only works in the SVN version :

Spoiler Ljosalfar :

Spoiler Great People :

Spoiler Healer :

Heiler2.jpg
Heiler3.JPG

Spoiler Religious units :

Spoiler Ashen Veil :
screenshot pending

Spoiler Empyrean :
screenshot pending

Spoiler Fellowship of Leaves :
screenshot pending

Spoiler runes of Kilmorph :
screenshot pending

Spoiler Infernal :

Spoiler Catapult: Only works in the SVN version :
screenshot pending

Spoiler Downloads :

Spoiler Licence :

This module, as with all my work in general is released under the following very specific license:

1. Things you may do:
- Download the units.
- Use the units in any mod, module or even other non comercial projects completely unrelated to CIV.
- Redistribute these units and any modifications there off that you wish to create.

2. Things you may not do:
- Redistribute the units without a copy of this license, link to this thread and the credits.txt file contained in each of the unit folders.
- Claim ownership of the units.
- Earn money off the units in any way shape or form.

3. Things I will not do:
- Guarantee that any of this works or that it won't be infested with a virus, break you computer, kill you or otherwise provide any sort of warranty or grantee of protection from harm incurred by the use of these models.

Spoiler Credits :

No person starts from scratch. We all build on the backs of those that came before us. Here is a list of those whose work I used:
  • Everyone who contributed to the original art for this mod
  • Everyone who contributed to the original art of CIV and its expansions BTS and Warlords
  • Everyone who contributed to the varietas delectat mod.
  • Special thanks to: SaibotLieh for helping me find and fix various bugs.
More detailed credits are provided with each individual unit.

Last edited:
Alright, for the first proper post in this thread here is a bit about recon units.

Recon units have a rather distinctive thing about them. They are rugged outdoors whose look need follow the needs of being out in the wilderness. Therefore they can't exactly walk around in what ever fashion is cool in the big towns or the fancy well groomed military. And yet, they are part of a civilization and therefore they need to look distinct.

Entering my proposal for the Mechanos hunter.
Spoiler Unit :
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Visually, the unit looks very similar, if mildly different than the regular hunter. What sets it apart, aside from the hat is the way it works. Erebus is a nasty dangerous place. And whilst the lesser advanced civilizations might be content to hunt with spears the Mechanos do things the smart way.
Spoiler Boom :
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

Special thanks and credit to SaibotLieh for creating the custom handgun animation. The original base unit can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/female-pirates.17208/

Also, does anyone know how I can change the attachments in the first post so that it shows an image and not a link?

I'll see what I can do. No guarantees though, skinning one mesh on top of another for animation purposes is finicky at best and at times impossible.
And like, if I did manage to reskin a witch hunter onto this I'd rather keep that for the witch hunter. Like, would it not be cool to have that one shoot a handgun?

Whilst we are on the topic I did manage to skin the generic scout (the half naked one) onto this as well. So do you think that one would make for a good scout? I figure fashion is not yet a thing in the early game, but handgun flavor would be.

Alternatively this could be the scout.

Basically I am struggling to figure out what I could do to take something from the WH but not have the two models look exactly the same.

Last edited:
The hat is about the only piece I could transplant anyway. If I did anything with the torso or cape the unit ends up either looking basically unchanged or it looks like a clone of the witch hunter, neither of which is desirable. I am going to do a test run on the hat now and post back.

Alright, this is what the hunter would look like with the hat from the witch hunter.
Spoiler Personally a bit too amish for my tastes. :
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Spoiler But I did also experiment with something else :
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

Any of those work for you?

Same here. Now, on to the issue of the scout. I outlined my view before that I'd just keep it as the default model but with a handgun. Opinions?

What about something like this? It's basically the torso of the hunter but with the head of the scout. Lacking a hat its going to look more primitive and old but still retains a lot of the esthetic that later carries over to the hunter.
Spoiler Not totally convinced on it, but like throwing it out there. :
Scout42.jpg

Picture is from nifscope hence the white patches. In game they would be red as per teamcolor.

In that case do I have confirmation for these two units? As in, can I add them to the roster?

Well basically I do need to make sure because at the end of the day I do defer to the mod team of the actual mod I am modifying. Plus like having someone with intricate knowledge of the mod and lore to bounce ideas off is very useful indeed.

Also, like I said in the OP all input from anyone is velcome. Like for most unit/civ combinations I don't know what I am going to do. So if you have ideas offer them.

Last edited:
And it's time for a new unit, this time from a different source.

What happens when a nation of sun worshiping desert nomads decides to found a religion? You get the Empyrian, a religion built upon the worship of wisdom and the sun.
And what happens when said religion decides it needs a holy warrior? You get the Radiant Guard.

So what happens when that very civilization decides it's time to gather up its brightest and best to form a unit of Paladins?
Spoiler Click and see. :

Pedia entry
SnPaladin2.JPG

Comparison to regular Paladin and Radiant Guard
Snpaladin3.JPG

The unit is basically a slightly enlarged Radiant Guard model but with extra lighting and decorative effects from the paladin (as well as those little head wings). For a unit this seemingly simple actually putting it together was incredibly difficult and took me hours.

Comment, rate, subscribe. ;)

Top Bottom