[NFP] Praetorian Guard golden card

Does this card even work? I assume all of your wounded units will get 10 HP at the end of every turn like the Mamluk, right? I feel this card is bugged at the moment, can anyone who is playing Domination with this card confirm?

I think they heal 10 HP more when they heal it doesnt say every turn. I didnt play the new mode yet though and have no experience with this.

Yeah, let me test it. If it increases healing rate, then the wording that says "wounded units can heal 10 HP per turn" is so misleading.

Working for me, very valuable on Vampires, it's essentially a fountain of youth but for all your troops.

If you were going to heal 10HP per turn fortified you now gain 20.

works in all situations, so fortify a vampire in enemy territory and you can kill baddies while still gaining HP.

It works when you fortify to heal, as other have said.
It's a very strong card imo - I used it in my last Byzantium domination game almost exclusively apart from in the first years in the Classical GA (monumentality and exodus), only slotting in the occasional Exodus if I needed some fast missionaries and could reshuffle my cards with a new civic a few turns later.
Though even then, Praetorian Guard stayed on almost exclusively, since when you're constantly pushing, +10 healing per turn is making your sieging units take almost no damage.

About time that warring civs get a good card as well imo, it was frustrating to have no good choices earlier on and it's one reason I'll probably stick with Dramatic Ages for a while.
Too often I've found that a golden Age really only helps me loyalty-wise, but otherwise not directly in combat.

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I can't seem to find clarification on the second part of this card. Does this give +2 production towards building encampments and buildings, or does it grant +2 production in cities that own encampments, and another +2 per building in said encampment?

Sorry to bump this thread up again, but as it is already there, I might as well, for the sake of a PSA :)

I've found out that this card is actually bugged, as regards its production bonus. If you have this card already slotted in and then capture a city with an existing Encampment, you don't get the bonus to the buildings, but when you replace and remove the card, the existing and future (yet to be built) buildings in that Encampment get their production reduced by 2, meaning that Barracks or Stable even get negative production.
Illustration in the spoiler:

Spoiler :

I conquered Poland and Krakow had an Encampment and Barracks. The Encampment itself shows the +2 bonus, but not the Barracks

while Praetorian Guard was in

Next turn I replace the PG card

and the Encampment itself is back to no production, as expected, but the Barracks now shows a negative

Later I built there an Armory, and it was affected in the same way, 1 production instead of 3. The same happened with the Military academy there. Buildings in new other Encampments had normal production.

Big thanks to @KingPiggyXXI for sharing their thoughts in the Funny Screenshots thread about where to look for the roots of the issue. I'll make a bug report in the 2K forums.

Top Bottom