Praetyre's C2C Great People Suggestion List

Living people can also change or at least our perception of them. A certain tower was recently renamed IIRC because of the person this tower was named after, and - at least in the west - Putin is now considered to be a completely different person compared to our perception just 4 or 5 years ago.

That's a fair point, but most of the living people I've included have already had major accomplishments. Even if some scandal or crime overshadows their legacy (which could also happen to the dead- look at Jimmy Saville), or if their creative muse peters out, that doesn't erase the contribution they've already made. You can argue it outweighs whatever good they gave to the world in the case of those involved in serious crime, but that should hopefully be a pretty rare occurence.

Also, I've uploaded the people currently on this list to the SVN. Hope this works!

Which doesn't mean that much at the moment except to really just give them an identifier of role in the game.
Still nice category to have great people in one place.
It seems like Great Statesman doesn't have <bGoldenAge> tag meaning they can't start and can't be used in starting Golden Age.
It would be nice polishing fix as my other suggestions concerning some tags usages.

As mentioned, I'm going off the fact we have Keynes as one (something carried over from vanilla, IIRC). If it helps, you could think of them as improving your civ's understanding of economics and thus increasing :gold: output.

That's convoluted.

Great Merchants move off to do a trade mission for a big bunch of cash. Merchants are entrepreneurs, they sell stuff.

Keynes and other economists are theoretical scientists and usually never developed or sold a product. Totally different class of people.

Not many. But we would have some good options for that like the Great Chinampa and some of the more hard to get bonus combination buildings that hydro made. Such would at least form a great basis for being able to enable an additional 'Gardner' assignment.
Great idea! This could also give the "Palace Garden" or "Castle Garden" buildings more value.

Here are some suggestions:

Engineer:
Eugenio Barsanti (Invented the first version of the internal combustion engine)

Merchant:
Enzo Ferrari (Inventor of the Ferrari)
Michele Ferrero (The inventor of Nutella. His widow is the richest person in Italy to date.)

General:
Giovanni Messe (Italian field marshal during WWII, leader of the elite force Arditi)
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Raimondo Montecuccoli (Italian prince who fought many battle for the Holy Roman Empire)

Admiral:
Andrea Doria (Genoan admiral and patrician)
Gaius Duilius (Roman Politician who won the battle of Mylae in the First Punic War, the first naval victory for Rome)

Last edited:
Top Bottom