Pre-DaftNES4: Born of Stardust

Child of the Illustrious Voidwalk

The Dancer sinks ever onward into the void. The prior place is already a memory, now a factor only of the interior mind, and not of the exterior body.

The Dancer sings a song to herselves. The stars about form an elegant tapestry. Invisible lines trace their ways between them, forming beautiful loops and curves.

The Dancer ponders the present, for she cares not for the past and knows not of the future. The very concepts are alien to her. Each of her.

The Dancer is alone. She wanders onwards through the stars, separated by the vast gulfs of space and time from any of her physical kin.

The Dancer is crowded. Many minds wander throughout her own inner fortress, a society of their own. Her many children wait in stasis, within her fertile core. Their day is not now.

The Dancer is cold. As she drifts at impossible speeds, she can feel the heat slowly radiating out of her skin. Her body is sealed to the outside, draining constantly of vitality as the ancient technology in which she is clad, bitter to touch, feeds itself off her body.

The Dancer burns. The light of billions of suns bathes her without end. The heat settles mercilessly and incessantly. Space travel is a miserable thing.

The Dancer sleeps. Conservation of energy for this long time is critical to her survival. Even in the darkest internal depths, the voices are silent.

The Dancer waits. Her day is not now.

I guess it's time to start the ole' war machine again. :dance:

The Gornnix are on the march! Mal shall tremble beneath our... knuckles! :ar15::run:

Hey.
I am on a vacation for the next 3 weeks with some Internet access, Ipod touch (if the wifi won't have a passcode) and something like an hour a day in certain places. I'm sure I can keep up though. Just saying to let You know.

That helped. Thanks!

Although in the update 0, you mentioned I had two FTL-capable ships. Those that mean I have two ships to use, or was that for story?

Yes you have two ships, on the map you will see the two claw-shaped things floating around your home star.

I've edited the map to remove the species icons from ships and armies and hopefully make it easier to read, I'll only put those as markers if disambiguation is really needed.

I'm putting together my story. For now, I'd like to announce that I'll be leaving for Hawaii on Thursday, so Wed will be my last day available more than twice a week. IDK how long this Pre will go for, but if it'll end before the end of August, you can just get rid of my race. If not, Daft, how should I sort things out while I'm gone?

You could just say 'cautious expansion' or 'build up home system' or 'explore just to make contacts without colonising' etc, up to you :)

And no worry about stories, I know I was freaking out earlier but I'm not going to punish the lack of stories/background for this NES. Though its appreciated :)

OK then.

The Za-Rak are interested in peaceful expansion and becoming more advanced. Their major focus is to become technologically advanced to make Za-Rak life easier. They will ensure that their existing colonies are well developed before reaching out into the unknown.

Orders are typically sent via PM to the mod. Although with those orders, whatever.

Awesome update Daft. Will write up a story; but it will be ready next week or something. I have a boat trip coming up.

For now, enjoy orders and this snippet of yhuj language, made with Audacity and microphone. It is attached. The words pronounced are, as transcripted into the latin alphabet:

Yhuj - the name of the race.

Kavaap - the new home of the yhuj.

Nahuja - the dead homeworld of the yhuj.

Ahojo Mneumnijar - "Project Genesis", a bio-industrial project of creating a stable, living world. Daft will probably mention it in the next update, and I will mention it in the upcoming story.

Sorry if the voices are too synthetical/uninspired, I'm not that good with recording/mixing.

At this point, orders in the thread are fine by me :)

@lord_joakim that is very cool! I like Audacity too. I am in the process of digesting your PM.

Alright, I am actually setting a surprise deadline of 11:59 PM, Thursday 5th August, 2010. That is a little over 24 hours away.

If you are confused or short on time, feel free to post orders like MathNerd's above.

I am aiming for rapid turns until things get more interesting.

:salute:

Orders and story coming tomorrow morning.

Since today is my last day, I'd like to officially state that the description I posted above will be the Za-Rak's plan until I get back. :goodjob:

The two Ships go together, and head toward the relatively nearby system of Solovar. Build up in industry, learn more science, and improve Mal in general. Attempt to appease the Canmor by giving them more autonomous freedom, but carefully watching them just in case.

The Skrin will explore nearby systems and the klin will build up in their home system for now such as a new city in the remaining mineral rich areas of their system. Also they will try to pursue science along the lines of space habitation.

The Dancer will move onwards into space, drifting towards the nearest inhabitable star system, while the rest of her kind just go on as always on the homeworld.

Eh, can't think of a story.

Spoiler Orders :
The Klaxamer will be sent to explore MG8. For now, just build things up at home.

Dorlean Federation Orders (in order of priority)
Spoiler :
1. Advance to the next tech level
2. Build a city on the aqua bio zone
3. Replace the outpost in the aqua zone with a industry building
4. Upgrade one industry building to a shipyard.

Lauki-Mous Orders

Spoiler :
Using the Mous' brains the Lauki will construct pods to send Mous and Lauki seeds/eggs to the nearest star system to infect it.

Lenitean orders:

Spoiler :
Expand into the next science level, Build more cities in the home system to make more money and goods for the republic, Contact the beings on Lolixola I and try to achieve peace with them by trading etc.

Everything is going well with the update I hope Daft? I'm always happy to help out if help is what is needed.:)

Multiple personal crises! I basically didn't get into the uni I wanted for my master's course because they lost my references and its too late to organise new ones. But life goes on. I intend to update soon*.

*meaning sometime between now and the end of the universe

Top Bottom