1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-DominatrNES IV: A Gauge of Interest

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by dominatr, Jun 6, 2015.

1. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

I have some spare time this summer and I am very interested in running a fourth version of my DominatrNES series. I realize that the community has dwindled down significantly, but I a hoping that a NES that updates weekly and is not terribly high maintenance can engage members and maybe even spark this community into a revival.

If you aren't familiar with my past NES projects, you can search them in the forums or take a look at past threads I've created; they ought to be there. Here's a quick rundown: I typically run a stat-based NES with frequent, short updates. I enjoy editing the maps, so I spend quite a bit of time on that. I've either run completely fictional NESes or ones that mimic some historic cultures, just with different names. Players send in orders by a deadline and I calculate the statistics and I weave those orders into the narrative of the times. You can do as little as send in the stat investments or as much as writing out dialogues and stories.

If you are interested, please let me know. Also, share this with your friends over on the other forums. I will not run the NES if there isn't enough interest. I want this to be a long term NES. :)

2. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Interest noted.

3. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

please get into contact with any NESers that you know might be interested in getting back into it. I want to have several more players before I start.

4. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Advertise it here - The Frontier is where a lot of people are now.

5. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

6. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Post an approval request in the approval subforum and I'll get you unlocked.

7. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

You can also try the IOT forum, and the while we wait thread, but I'm pretty sure people still glance over this forum from time to time.

8. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

I posted in all those locations, hopefully It will get some attention.
    Do you guys recommend that I launch the NES on the NES subforum, IOT subforum, or on Frontier

9. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

What does "Stat Based" mean?

I'll play it if it's the basic creative EP model.

If it's stuff like "A Factory costs 500 Gold and increases income by +15" I won't play, sadly. I don't think it's good rules design for this sort of forum game. :) Personally.

10. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I abstain from the Frontier only because the white on black layout quite literally burns my eyes. So I would prefer either NES or IOT. By description, it sounds IOT-friendly.

11. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Procrastinating

Interested. The IOT sub-forum would be my pick, just because you may gather attention from typical IOT players. JohannaK, my sentiment exactly, CivFanatics is much easier on the eyes.

12. bonefang

bonefang Chieftain

Interested .. More preference in IOT forum rather than Frontier

13. Polyblank

Polyblank Chieftain

I am interested in it as well.

14. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

Ok, you can expect an official Pre-thread in the IOT forum this evening or tomorrow. I'll post a link too.

Stat based means the stats form the backbone of the logic surrounding the game, it gives every ability a standard to measure to. Stories are still very important though.

15. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

16. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar