Pre MegaNES pantheon

Megaman_zx

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sorry, no picture.

I was thinking of doing an intrigue based nes. There would be three nations, an islands nation, an imperial nation and a barbaric hillsman nation. Each with its own pantheon. The players would have no direct control over the nations, but would control a single deity, or maybe twin deities. For example, the imperials would worship the sky god more than the other nations, so he would be off limits, but the rest of the pantheon would be made up of players and me. Then, if someone was the sea deity, they would be in competition, not only with their fellow imperial gods for worship, but also with the islander's and barbarian's sea deities for control of the sea.

I have no way of making a good map, so unless someone would like to provide one, it will have to be imagined, and I still don't know if i want the gods to be more physical or to act like organizations.

There are two main paths I want to take this.

path 1.
There is magic and the gods act as extremely powerful mages. There is still the organizational aspect of temples and worshippers, but this would add more action, because there may be powerful, mortal mages challenging you, or errant priests, as well as physical combat with opposing deities over sacred artifacts.

path 2. The stories would be about high priests or acolytes (or anyone else associated with the temple) but the gods would be abstract and there would be very few instances of magic, or miracles. This would put more focus on the organizations.

this is obviously a pre nes still, but if you could help me decide which path to take, or supply a map, I can easily make a character sheet and we can get started. If we decided to do path two it might take longer to come up with a more complex economy. But it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

saved for character sheets.

saved for sconomy

I am leaning toward path 1, and this post mirrors that a little.

Here are some bios for the three gods who rule each nation's respective pantheon. Since this is a pre nes i think it's ok to ignore the names because i'm uncreative with names.

The imperial God of the sky
she is the mother god who reigns in heaven, blessing her people with protection and civilization. She gives rain to the crops and mothers her people like children. Also like a mother, she punishes those who misbehave, or abuse her blessing, and to those blasphemers she spares not the lightning bolt.

The islander;s god of the sea
He sends fish to feed his people and lends his waters to the prows of boats. He is a powerful guide to his people, but he has a dark side. He is prone to wrath and when he lashes out, his anger is inescapably fatal.

The Hillsmen's god of death
Death walks the hills in many forms, a daily reminder of the struggle ahead. Some appease it with sacrifice, hoping to guard themselves from its touch, while others run headlong down a path in search of its embrace. Needless to say, it is the most powerful of all their spirits.

The rest of the pantheon could be filled with players, and i would essentially play as these three in the updates. Each would have its own style of rule over the other gods. For example, the mothering one might take a more hands on approach to her rule, but the imperial gods would be more powerful, while the death god would essentially have no interaction with the other hill spirits, but they would be like i said, spirits, and not true deities.

No offense, but could you please fix the spelling errors in your posts. It is very difficult to read. If it helps, copy and paste into Microsoft word and use spell check.

Me and freeman were working on a similar idea with the Norse pantheon, with just a map of Scandinavia and picking out deities for players to play as while they tried to win followers in different parts of northern Europe and then convince these followers to fight and win glory for their God, with each God being given specific advantages/spells based on their role in Norse mythology.

Frankly I don't see it happening, if you'd like any of our notes on that subject (our vast notes about how to incorporate relics, followers, different models of religious organization) I would be more than willing to provide them.

As a result, I am also pretty interested in your game.

Yeah, that'd be real cool. I have some basic creation myths prepared, i'll try to get them up over the weekend.

Top Bottom