1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-NWolfNES II

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Northen Wolf, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

No, there are small lakes everywhere and Orcs are rather adept in digging wells or making new rivers - even Gor' had one. And yes, there are Meremaids, Naga, Gyradoses and many other nice and fluffy creatures. Besides, more closer to the deserts or rivers, more mutated creatures shall attack you - mithril mines mutate creatures.

Seon
    Good enough, tho I will not allow Human leaders or leaders from other races, including goblins. If your leader dies tho, it may be replaced by a new leader from a different race.

2. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Tribe Name: Darkorb Tribe
    Leader Name: Akhtar
    Profession: Charismatic
    Leader Background: Akhtar was the perfect young orc - and was picked out for a future high in the military administration of the tribe. At the tender age of fifteen, he was injured in a fall. He lost the sight in his right eye, where now sits only a milky white orb. To make up for it, he honed his instincts and intuition until they were almost perfect. He now has no use for sight, and his left eye has grown shortsighted from disuse.
    Somehow, when the tribe's old leader died, Akhtar managed to secure the position. Rumour was that he'd managed to convince the entire Council of Elders that he was the right orc for the job.
    He was proved right. Under his leadership, the tribe has grown and prospered, through both trade and war. Now, the Darkorb tribe and Akhtar himself seek glory for themselves and for the Horde, in the new land of Mor'.
    Strengths(2): Experienced commander, almost infallible instincts
    Weaknesses(1): One blind eye
    Starting position on map: The largest of the islands directly south of the main landmass

That's everything, right?

3. Northen Wolf

Yeap.

4. skeptikalz!

skeptikalz! The Truth and the Lie

Tribe Name - Silver Fang
    Tribe: The Silver Fang Tribe is comprised of a variety of individuals who originally came from many different tribes, eventually uniting to found a better place to live and, especially, conduct business.
    Leader Name: Vrinak
    Profession: Charismatic
    Leader Background: Vrinak was the son of a wealthy guild member who taught him everything he knew, assuming his son would take up the mantle of guild leader with time. Interestingly enough, Vrinak refused this path, instead looking to become a warrior and fight against The Empire. Now equipped with the knowledge of how to wield sword and shield, Vrinak also makes use of the lessons he learned from his mysterious past to shape his future.
    Strengths(2): Wise, Persuasive
    Weaknesses(1): Paranoid

Location: In between the river and desert in the southwestern part of the continent.

5. Northen Wolf

Good enuff

6. skeptikalz!

skeptikalz! The Truth and the Lie

I'll work my stories around the events occurring while adding more background here and there, I promise. :)

7. Northen Wolf

I've added Leaders and military rules for this NES.

Any kind of feedback/questions are welcome - are the rules clear enough? Do you understand them? Do I need to explain anything, do you understand how armies will be made and moved? Do you understand difference of leaders and heroes?

Also, please confirm/check this:

I still have gods (religion, blessing, enchanting) do to and villages/improvements management to do, then we're good to go :) Sorry for any grammar mistakes - I can only say that probably My English is better than your Estonian :)

8. Optical

What grammar mistakes? There aren't any :)

Excited for this NES :D

9. Northen Wolf

Your tribe - where does it get its extra members (some will volunteerly join with your tribe anyways), but are you leader of a completely new tribe, made of volunteers/surviors who decided to resettle or do you have a mother-clan/tribes whom most of your members are from. It's something I need to know and take into consideration because that'll determinate what kind of events, missions and reinforcements you'll get. Like if you decided to abandon your old lands and resettle entire tribe then you will get mostly volunteers from random tribes. If you have a clan(tribes that are blood related in some way to you) behind in Baimora, you'll get and send some of the resources to/from them for a while, until you are powerful enough to be considered a 'clan' of your own (because clans are like states - if orcs settle too far from clan HQ they'll eventually form a new clan).

10. Optical

Darkorb tribe has pretty much completely migrated to Mor'. In the Horde, they were a fairly small clan, although with more influence than one would expect for a clan of their size. Akhtar managed to convince the majority of the tribe to up sticks and leave for Mor'. Considering this is less than one hundred individuals, it wasn't hard.

11. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Tribe Name: Mine Site 1
    Leader Name: Krul
    Profession: Son of a Chief?
    Leader Background: Krul is the son of a rich merchant. He has the fortune of his parents fortune bankrolling his chance of leadership. His parents see this as a way for the family to by favour in higher society of the Horde, and also to start a destiny bigger than merchantman. He is the leader of a tribe of mercenaries. His father has hired up who he thinks will be needed, with the rest of the tribe filled with volunteers, waifs and strays.. anyone really once the "needed" slots were filled.
    Strengths(2): Strong Support from Home, Charismatic
    Weaknesses(1): Lacks experience which would command Respect

Attached Files:

• morw.jpg
      morw.jpg
      File size:
      52.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Main members of the Bleakskull tribes would be Fanatics, I guess...

13. Northen Wolf

Could you give me an alternative name for your tribe? I don't realy like it - you can name your first village mine site if You'd like. Try something like [Color/Description][object] - redface tribe, Greenleaf, Terrordrone, Loveaxe - something like that.

Also could I get a name for your fathers clan? (Clan is a union of tribes, tribes have 1-7 villages, average 4 villages). Again, same naming scheme.

14. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Yea, sorry. I have no background in Warhammer? So Orks and their nomclature is pretty much unknown to me.. I figured that might have been ok since I am being more a "corporation" than anything.. but yes.. erm..

Tribe Name: Lightning Brood

Fathers Clan: The Freeborn

So, Krul of the Lightning Brood, Ancestry of the Freeborn?

15. Northen Wolf

Its based in the same universe where NWolfNES I took place - just Baimora (land where Gor' was on) sends settlers to new realm - Mor'. You're tasked to colonize this new land.

Not warhammer - A World of Warcraft (mostly WCIII) inspired. Alot of my lore has been taken over from there - The opposition of Horde and Empire, the setting (weapons and like), Shamanism-magic users, Undead (tho 'dead'dead not as much mutated dead WCIII had. Heroes. Many of the monsters and races. Orcs behaviour and values. Goblins (Inspired by merchants). Buildings, building styles, villages styles. Clans and tribes and their hierarchy.

Some lore I created/or took from random places: Gods, World of Baimora, Goblins, Tauren (race modified to be mean spirited unlike WCIII), Titans (very powerful beings), plague, The Enemy, How The Empire functions, Why there are no elves, Realms. Mana is called life energy and has rules and stuff like that.

Some added from random fantasy that I've read - Realm of Rokania (where Gor' was before reentering to Baimora), Baimora plants, the fact that Orcs do not need water source, the fact that orcs grow up fast, guilds and factions, Titans, trolls, effects of gods, life energy etc.

Something in lines of "Krul of the Lightingbrood Tribe, from the Freeborn Clan."

16. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Could you start me just north of that big lake in the southwestern corner of the continent?

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

When do you think launch will be?

18. Northen Wolf

Depending when I work out how much stuff costs and when I finalize economic section. Beacuse stuff you buy from horde is brought for gold, as well as training should have some sort of gold values. I've already tried two different ways to determinate values but all become too powerful if player gets more than 5 villages. I'm still trying stuff out and playing a single tribe to see which way functions best.

If anyone is interested then:
    *I want some buildings (sheep pens, pig pens) to produce a source of leather and source of meat.
    *I want these sources to be sellable if additional building is built - eg Tannery should earn some money in addition of producing 1-10 leather armors per turn. (30-70 gold?)
    *I want there to be trade specific buildings - salt mines, cannabis fields, slave trade posts, herb plantations, which would produce more money but no other resources. (70-200)
    *I want drafting and building cost money, aswell as troops should have some sort of wage.
    * I want stuff you can get from The Horde: population, Soldiers, Goods, Etc. to have some sort of value that player has to pay and Player should not have enough money to buy more pop than 25% of his total pop.

That's what I'm working on. I can't launch on thursday nor friday, (something came up) but I think Saturday or Sunday are good days.

19. Polish Ghetto

Polish Ghetto Chieftain

If you're interested in more players, I'll happily write up an application tomorrow during my astro lecture and post it sometime later that day.

20. Northen Wolf

Sure am :)