1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-order Civ6

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

(sshhhhh... don't say it too loud. Pre-order is important so that they can "cream-skim" the heck out of the "optimists" and we can then get a nice, patched, balanced, heavily discounted version a little later...) ;)

2. krasny

krasny Prince

There should be a demo before launch.

3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Definitely. It was nip and tuck for a demo before the release of Civilization 5. What a gong show. :sad:

Hopefully, it will be much better this time with Civ VI.

4. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Consumer choice
    , right?. We all have different utility functions, and saving 10€ by waiting a week might seem like the right choice for you, but that doesn't make it the smart choice.

In fact, since downloading the game in advance, in order to play it on day one, is more than enough incentive for me, and certainly worth 10€, not pre-ordering would be idiotic.

To each his own :thumbsup:

5. krasny

krasny Prince

The 10 euro discount you mention qualifies as a worthy incentive to pre-order. I'm still not going to pre-order because I still feel butt-hurt from Civ5.

6. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

It was unpopular because they had the bizaare idea that both you and people you played with/against must also have the exact same DLC, rather defeating the point.

Hopefully they won't repeat that folly again.

7. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

Yeah, it was insane. I was forced to buy several useless to me DLCs because some of my friends bought the complete edition and I was lacking several inconsequential elements to make mp possible.

There always is. Just not available through official channels, if you know what I mean.

Moderator Action: I know what you mean and advocating piracy of software is against the forum rules. Please do not do it, ever.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

One of Civ5's expansions went on sale on the same day it become available in EU and people that preordered it got screwed. Never again

9. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

If you think it's only about saving 10 dollars/euros/whatever by waiting a week or a quarter, then that is not the smart analysis. It's more than that; industry has gone the way of charging premium amounts for betas and they call it "pre-ordering". So go ahead, be my guest and my beta tester, and when you have done the job you paid for :crazyeye: we will step in and enjoy the full, balanced, patched and expected-at-release product.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

10. Primacide

Primacide Settler

I am not commonly among the haters, but you guys have to admit that Firaxis has fallen flat twice in a row. Civ V is a wonderful game, but it was kind of clunky on release. Civ BE I tried really hard to get into, but without awesome affinities mods, it was just not much fun.

I wouldn't hold their feet to the fire over one botched launch, but two in a row?

I'm just saying: stay optimistic but remember that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

11. Xen

Xen Magister

I for one wont be pre ordering until the Rome and Greece civ profiles come online. Even though I'm tempted to be a firaxis-shill ala civcube ;)

12. Jarru

Jarru Chieftain

13. Xen

Xen Magister

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty much. But if the Romans seem good enough and can toss away that Imperial purprle for a damn fine Roman Republic Red I'll be per-ordering anyway!