Pre Turn 137 - 170 AD

Cheetah

Deity
This thread is for pre turn 137 discussion.

The turn will be played from 20:00 GMT. Please join #demogame_cfc_msdg by then.

1. Tech trade with Netatolia.
  • How much do we want to pay for Monotheims?
  • Do we need to contact Apolyton about this?
2. The final fight of GCA
  • As reported by Apolyton, Balance of Power has been destroyed by GCA. As of now, Apolytonian troops stands in the ruins.
  • GCA is probably sending forces to the islands. What do we do about that?
  • From the first screenshot you can see two GCA stacks. The northern is 2 Regular Pikes and 1 Vet Horse. The southern are 3 Vet Pikes.
3. We have two galley ready. One in Kuangbiao Haian and one in Yun Qiuling. Where do we send them?
4. There is a lone Barb two tiles north of Yun Qiuling. Attack or defend?
5. Where will we send our Settler?
6. Anything else you want to discuss?

Eastern Fanatikou

Attachments

• pre map ad 170 - eastern cfc.jpg
    pre map ad 170 - eastern cfc.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 141
How are our troops near Port Blacksand? I mean, will we be able to capture it before those pikes reach the city?

I think we should build the new BoP (or whatever) ASAP. To get free connection for our cities via sea (galleys).

Oh no... Now what to do? GCA seems to be like a hard bit to bite...:undecide:

My suggestions:

Send the 2 Pikes from Zhi Gang to Kuangbiao Haian and send them with the galley next turn to Iceland. When they get there we'll fortify them on a mountain.

Move our forces on the front south to attack Port Blacksand and make sure no GCA units try a counterattack.

Send the galley from Yun Qiuling along the coast to look for GCA galleys.

Attack the barb in the north with our Pikeman.

I'm a little unsure what we shall do about our settler. I would suggest putting it on Greenland, but we don't have enough Pikemen! Another alternative is to start expanding east.

And I would accept the deal with Netatolia for 70 Gold.

Another GCA victory near Blacksand... Why am I not surprised? I heard from MRex the other day that Poly has yet to win a single fight against GCA. I have also heard that not only is GCA retreating and abandoning their cities, but they have managed to nearly decimate the APO invading force in the process.

But enough of that. The fall of Balance of Power changes everything. We should most definitely NOT send any settlers to the islands at this point in time - the risk of losing our settler is too great. Instead, we should send the settlers east to found New Yun Feng and colonize the grasslands east of the mountains.

Use the galley to scout for any GCA ships attempting to carry troops around to our rear cities. Although I seriously doubt that they have a navy large enough to transport enough units to mount a serious threat, it is still better to be prepared. Of course, they could be transporting units in the great lake to the north, in which case, we need to be prepared along our northern cities as well.

Do not, for the love of God, send any defensive units overseas at this time. We may need them to defend our core cities before this fight is through.

In short, settle to the east, in order to minimize the risk of losing our settler, and keep our military close to home in case of a GCA end-around.

Note: Do not become obsessed with the concept of "losing" the islands to GCA. If that is their plan, so be it. We will have 3 to 4 times the number of cities that they will have and we can produce enough galleys and caravels to keep them holed up for a long time to come, and when we are ready, then we can crush them.

Note #2: They could be sending their galley out with a settler on board to remain in the game (and at war) indefinitely. They could simply stay at sea forever, hiding from our ships. Plus, once Navigation is discovered, that galley could travel out to the deep oceans somewhere and we'd likely never find them.

Isn't the settler required to build a city for them to survive? And the problem with the islands is the fact that they can build a city and occupy all the tiles on the smallest island. This will allow them to remain in the game into late industrial age, as we'll need marines to invade.

Yes. I say 40J nhas a point here, sure does.

But 1 thing: they can only transport 2 units to that island with 1 galley, and as far as we know, they only have one. But of course they can buy warriors so they can get it secured fast...

Then we should post haste and try to prevent them from taking that island.

Top Bottom