1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-War Iraq/Al-Qaeda link found

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MobBoss, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Deity

Sorry, the onus is on you to prove Saddam Hussein supported "terrorism." If you don't have any proof, which you don't, you shouldn't go around making such spurious claims. Don't just make blanket statements like "anyone who isn't an idiot knows Saddam supported terrorists," put up or shut up.

2. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

War walks hand-in-hand with terrorism. Declaring war on terrorism is like declaring a war against bombing, then launching the first strike by bombing a bomb factory.

3. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Oh Gods. Okay, look, YOU go download the reports that our esteemed Congress out out and read them. Specifically chapter 12 (I think it was 12). It is as clear as the sky on a cloudless day. If you read it and still claim it wasn't happening, you're delusional.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Puttin' on the Ritz

I did not say it is a terrorist group, as I recognise that its aim and the majority of its operations are not terrorist. However, it is known that the CIA has conducted all kinds of terrorist operations all over the globe. Augusto Pinochet, the Contras (and similar groups in Latin America), and scads of assassination projects in Latin America, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East are major examples which spring immediately to mind.

5. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

And I've posted innumerable times a timeline of CIA attocities.

Some people like to see the splinter in someone else's eye...

6. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

How about his name on the checks for $25k a pop to families of suicide bombers?

Ye gads...of course the man supported terrorism and there is tons of proof of it.

7. MobBoss

You sir, seem to be confused over what a terrorist act is.......

And I am positive there has not been any "assassination projects" in the last 30 years....got anything current?

8. anarres

Ha, Bush spent a lot more on terrorism than Saddam did and you know it. :p

Just look at the cost of the CIA covert missions we know about... just by itself will outweigh the bounty Saddam paid to suicide victims.

And that's not even going in to the cluster bombs the USA dropped in civilan areas or the DP weapons they used or the use of WP as a chemical weapon ("shake and bake" anyone - clearly defined as chemical weapon when used in conjunction with mortar rounds and fired at people).

Lets face it... the USA has no leg to stand on. :)

9. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

Iran?

Guatamala?

Nicaragua?

Chile?

Vietnam?

10. MobBoss

Ha, you and I both know no such thing.:p

Which covert missions under Bush are you talking about?

Oh my god. Please jump off that dead horse, you have ground its bones into dust. How many times to I have to debunk such crappy allegations? Shake and Bake operations dont use WP rounds as chemical weapons, they are used as smoke rounds to confuse the enemy and smoke him out of hidng places. That article even said as much. Also, if you had any knowledge at all of how the mortar rounds work you would see thats not how they are used. They dont "spray" WP all over as you would allege...they use a series of WP soaked felt wedges that upon an air burst fall to the ground and are consumed almost totally as they fall. Sheesh.

No..you have no leg to stand on based upon your continuing to toss out silly and misleading allegations. Please find a new dead horse to beat, you turned that one into hamburger long ago.:rolleyes:

11. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

An official complaint to the Intedrnational Warcrimes Tribunal alleges that the US has used White Phosphorous in an offensive method, and claims it has evidence.

12. MobBoss

Yeah, and people claim every day they have evidence that aliens do in fact exist.:lol:

Congratulations...you just scored 100% on todays guillible-O-meter!

13. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

And this guy's setting off fireworks, yeah?

Did you know that on November 15th, 2005, Department of Defense spokesman Lt.Col Barry Venable told the BBC:
    An ex-US soldier, interviewed in a documentary, said:
    And I tell you, a five minute search on Google for pictures is enough to make me sick.

14. anarres

So those civilians (and even insurgents) who died directly from WP were not killed by WP rounds but mortar? :lol:

So you want me to start posting pics of the civvies dead from WP burns to prove it or you just going to call me a liar again? :p

15. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

The funny thing is, Bush has already started trying to distance himself from ever having linked 9/11 and Saddam.

Link

16. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

Some CIA agents were ordered to hunt down bin Laden and bring his head to Bush. I'm not sure that counts under assassination though.

BBC

17. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

His name starts with a "C" ends with an "Astro" and the CIA couldn't kill him because they planted explosives in the wrong brand of cigar.

18. Andu Indorin

Andu Indorin Retired Druid

Sounds like interesting reading. Any title that might be searchable for a download?

19. BasketCase

BasketCase Username sez it all

I'll see your "prove Saddam supported terrorism" and raise.

Saddam practiced terrorism.

20. MobBoss

And neither is he a walking piller of flame. How exactly, do you know that is WP falling around him? Personally, having seen WP rounds go off, those dont seem to be emitting enough smoke as the rounds I have seen do. That looks more like tear gas rounds to me.

And did you know he retracted it later? : http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2005/051122-phosphorus-debate.htmIf you read the interview he sounds like he has no idea wtf he is talking about.

In that same interview that idiot also said he thought they used Napalm..but "wasnt sure about it". You need to realize that normal explosive rounds can start fires and burn bodies as well. All of this is an issue of flagrant mis-reporting.