• Terrain mod (albeit small)

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Other ...

Votes: 14 19.4%

• Total voters

SonicX

Emperor
Let's try a little game here.
We've spoken about glitches and ideas for a long time now, so let's predict what the first modification would be.
It will probably be something that's easy moddable, not a complete overhaul.

Changing hammers into shields seems like the easiest thing up there so that got my vote.

For me it's atheism, in order to have a simulation closed to the real life ...

Atheism is not a frikken Religon!!!

All of these things are too much. Little steps need to be made before big ones. The first thing I'm going to do is change a Religon name to vbraunism.

vbraun said:
Atheism is not a frikken Religon!!!

All of these things are too much. Little steps need to be made before big ones. The first thing I'm going to do is change a Religon name to vbraunism.

You are right... But Imagine you want to simulate the soviet union in a scenario... what religion will you put for this civ ? I don't know exactly the way CIV IV will be working but it's clear that if we have an option now with religion for the CIVs we will find some Civs which have not an official religion...
==> my solution to introduce atheism... e.g. for soviet union if I want to create a cold war scenario ... :)

frenchman said:
You are right... But Imagine you want to simulate the soviet union in a scenario... what religion will you put for this civ ? I don't know exactly the way CIV IV will be working but it's clear that if we have an option now with religion for the CIVs we will find some Civs which have not an official religion...
==> my solution to introduce atheism... e.g. for soviet union if I want to create a cold war scenario ... :)
Well it isn't like people stopped believing in whatever they believed in once the Soviets took over, they simply couldn't do it in public anymore. I'd represent that by having the cities still having whatever religion was there before once Communism as an economic system is implemented, but if in tandem with lets say Police State, it completely locks the Religious Civics choices to you. Once that happens, you no longer get any bonuses from religion at all until your government becomes more open. That would make a lot more sense than having Atheism as something that can be spread from city to city. We are simply not that big a movement, after all. ;)

Anyway, I voted Hammers into Shields. I personally don't care about the issue (in fact hammers being symbols of production makes far more sense to me) but a lot of other people seem to be upset about it.

Athiesm is not a religion, I think enough threads have pointed it out. But that shouldn't stop anyone from modding it into the game - because there is no hardcoded game rule that says religions have to be real. Hence why some might have Vbraunism in their games...

First Mod - Celt civ!

I predict that there will be mods from dedicated fans before the game comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more ambitious ones than any of these listed available the first day. (This is based on the fact that Firaxis' website lists Martin Isaksen (of Rise and Rule) as a consultant for them now).

I voted 'other', because it will bloody well likely to be the USS Enterprise or a orc chieftain unit. :)

I would think one of the first mod's will be adding Athiesm, seems like a lot of people want to have it in the game. It won't be somthing that I'll want, but I think it will show up fast. The first mod that I would like to see is one that add's supply lines into the game

PriestOfDiscord said:
Well it isn't like people stopped believing in whatever they believed in once the Soviets took over, they simply couldn't do it in public anymore. I'd represent that by having the cities still having whatever religion was there before once Communism as an economic system is implemented, but if in tandem with lets say Police State, it completely locks the Religious Civics choices to you. Once that happens, you no longer get any bonuses from religion at all until your government becomes more open. That would make a lot more sense than having Atheism as something that can be spread from city to city. We are simply not that big a movement, after all. ;)

Anyway, I voted Hammers into Shields. I personally don't care about the issue (in fact hammers being symbols of production makes far more sense to me) but a lot of other people seem to be upset about it.

You are perhaps right... I don't know exactly how the AI will use the religion aspect...

They built my house with shields so I can understand where they come from :)

warpstorm said:
I predict that there will be mods from dedicated fans before the game comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more ambitious ones than any of these listed available the first day. (This is based on the fact that Firaxis' website lists Martin Isaksen (of Rise and Rule) as a consultant for them now).

I saw that, but I couldn't absolutely remember Isak's name, so I didn't mention it. Don't forget that Rhye is a beta tester. I'd imagine that many mods will eventually try and make the jump to Civ4 (DyP/RaR being one, Probably the Balancer as well, etc).

But I expect the first mod to be extremely simple and probably completely impractical (just like a novelty, or to test out how simply modifications are, before expanding what you do).

EDIT: I wouldn't be suprised if people try to make maps early on, since they're probably easy enough to figure out what to do.

Louis XXIV said:
But I expect the first mod to be extremely simple and probably completely impractical (just like a novelty, or to test out how simply modifications are, before expanding what you do).

Like adding a Canadian civ with Wayne Gretzky as the leader?

Yes, but Wayne Gretzky would look like Montezuma, or something like that ;)

Adding Atheism as a religion? Umm.... isn't that totally against the Atheist belief? Atheism is a belief in NO religion and thus is NOT a religion itself. Atheism is already in the game. If you want to be Atheist, don't pick a religion when it's offered to you. Simple :) No religion = Atheism!

Dale

Dale said:
Adding Atheism as a religion? Umm.... isn't that totally against the Atheist belief? Atheism is a belief in NO religion and thus is NOT a religion itself. Atheism is already in the game. If you want to be Atheist, don't pick a religion when it's offered to you. Simple :) No religion = Atheism!
Dale

From what I have heard and it has been Discussed on a lot on many threads, is that Atheism is not a option and there is no (no religion option) the defult religion is Paganism.

Top Bottom