Preferred government types

Vandelay

Chieftain
I have seen a table somewhere that shows what governments
a civilization prefers/dislikes.

If this has been posted, I can not find it.

Could someone direct me to it? Also what are the
effects of a civ in their preferred gov't?

Thanks in advance.:scan:

I haven't seen a list on this site but it's in the editor. Open the editor and load the .bic file, you can find it there. I'll post it here anyway.
The first government is the preferred one, the 2nd is the shunned one.

Rome:
Republic/Communism

Egypt:
Monarchy/Republic

Greece:
Democracy/Despotism

Babylon:
Monarchy/Despotism

Germany:
Republic/Communism

Russia:
Communism/Democracy

China:
Communism/Monarchy

America:
Democracy/Communism

Japan:
Monarchy/Republic

France:
Republic/Monarchy

India:
Democracy/Despotism

Persia:
Monarchy/Democracy

Aztech:
Monarchy/Democracy

Zulu:
Despotism/Democracy

Iroquois:
Communism/Monarchy

England:
Democracy/Despotism

if you are in a shunned government what happens? does it effect your production, research, war ability, anything?

I believe that the whole shunned/preferred government only affects the diplomatic relations with AI. If you have the shunned government of the enemy, then the relations would be colder and with preferred warmer. I have never noticed any other differences. Or to speak the truth not even that...

Don't think it makes any difference to your own game. The AI probably won't choose the shunned government and maybe the USA doesn't trade with commies etc

It doesn't have anything to do with AI relations.

Read the editors help file.

I think it would be much closer to reality again, if Civ3 had Dictatorship (or Military Junta), Theocracy as idealogy ruling (along with Communism, where Communism ideas rule) and Oligarchy to add to the existing:

Despotism
Monarchy
Republic
Communism
Demorcacy

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mîtiu Ioan

Where exactly ? Please clarify me this !!

Regards

Ok, it says,

"Determines which government type the selected civilization disdains. If a government type is selected, the civilization will avoid this government type at all costs, and if it is forced to operate under this government type, it will immediately switch to another government type as soon as another government type becomes available."

And for favorite government it says,

"Determines which government type the selected civilization favors. If a government is selected, the civilization will immediately switch to this government type as soon as it becomes available."

Hmmm another thing I have learnt from these boards... :D

That explains a lot then - so basically the AI when playing Zulu will stay in Despotism? That explains a lot then...

Originally posted by Chewie
so basically the AI when playing Zulu will stay in Despotism?

Hopefully. ;)

Either Republic or Fascism (which I edited Myself!). Both moderate ine their respective functions (peace & war).

Originally posted by simplybag
I haven't seen a list on this site but it's in the editor. Open the editor and load the .bic file, you can find it there. I'll post it here anyway.
The first government is the preferred one, the 2nd is the shunned one.

Rome:
Republic/Communism

Egypt:
Monarchy/Republic

Greece:
Democracy/Despotism

Babylon:
Monarchy/Despotism

Germany:
Republic/Communism

Russia:
Communism/Democracy

China:
Communism/Monarchy

America:
Democracy/Communism

Japan:
Monarchy/Republic

France:
Republic/Monarchy

India:
Democracy/Despotism

Persia:
Monarchy/Democracy

Aztech:
Monarchy/Democracy

Zulu:
Despotism/Democracy

Iroquois:
Communism/Monarchy

England:
Democracy/Despotism

I noted these too, but for some reason these values don't seem to mean much. In all games I had, the AI civs spend most of the time in Democracy, and only swap governments when they are in a lenghty war.

Originally posted by Panda

I noted these too, but for some reason these values don't seem to mean much. In all games I had, the AI civs spend most of the time in Democracy, and only swap governments when they are in a lenghty war.

Ditto. I think there is something going wrong with this one.

Top Bottom