Preferred/Hated Governments

Marcus Magnus

Chieftain
I have heard that each civ has a favorite and a despised form of government (ex:America likes Democracy and hates Communism). However, I have not seen the game do anything to make these preferences a reality. Does Civ give certain bonuses to civs who have the preferred government?:confused:

THe game does do things to make this a reality - Us trys to keep in democracy as long as possible, Perisa trys to keep in monarchy longer. i have definetly seen this happen especially after adding my own gov. i noticed the civs I put to like fascism or hate communism always switched to it for a war time gov rather than com and in others civs it is about even which they choose

Civ3 is supposted to be real, as in that nuclear=bad and tree=good, but it shouldn't be indentical to variables in real life. Only Civ3 can create ideas such as a communist rule under the brutal tyrant known as Mahatma Ghandi and popular democracies under Charman Mao.

Originally posted by Marcus Magnus
I have heard that each civ has a favorite and a despised form of government (ex:America likes Democracy and hates Communism). However, I have not seen the game do anything to make these preferences a reality. Does Civ give certain bonuses to civs who have the preferred government?:confused:

I've not been able to figure this out myself.

Well, my question was really if a human playing as, say, America wll get penalized if he's playing as communist, or get a bonus if he's playing as a democracy?

Check out the editor. I just discovered this yesterday. Each Civ has a preferred and a non-preferred form of government. America likes Democracy, hates Communism. Zulu likes Despotism and hates Monarchy. Check it out.

God Bless America and all our service men & women serving to protect that freedom!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Originally posted by GreyBob
Check out the editor. I just discovered this yesterday. Each Civ has a preferred and a non-preferred form of government. America likes Democracy, hates Communism. Zulu likes Despotism and hates Monarchy. Check it out.

Any more of these? Like the Persians for example? Where do I check it out if it is standard civ3 files.

BACK ON TOPIC

On the preferred/hated government, it's not so much what your civ likes to be in. It's mor ehow you view the world. Let's take the American Civ into view. It prefers democracy and hates communism. Now let's also imagine Persia & Egypt are democracies while France & Russia are communisms in a game. Thus, America would have more favorable relations with Persia & Egypt over the French & Russian governments since Persia & Egypt are democracies. So the preferred/hated has more to do with how you view the world.

well i have noticed this..i usaly take demoracy and russia ussaly is communist.however i (had) good realtions with them untill i needed some resources in their land and had to "borrow" them

but untill then we were on real good terms

Moderator Action: The following posters are warned that if they continue this behavior or if I go to a different thread and find the same same behavior exhibited in it, I will ban you for a period of not less than 3 days:
Parsifal - Trolling and thread jacking
bobgote - Insulting and thread jacking
Hamlet - Insulting and thread jacking
Admiral_Drake - threatening

I have modified or deleted your posts as I saw fit....thank you for wasting ten minutes of my life.

Do not reply to my statement in this thread. If you have a question of me then send a PM. If you want to complain then goto the SiteFeedback forum.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Any more of these? Like the Persians for example? Where do I check it out if it is standard civ3 files.

Thanks for that greybob, you obviously havent read my post - persians is monarchy.

YTou check it out in the civs tab in the editor. btw this only effects Ai choice nothing else

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Moderator Action: The following posters are warned that if they continue this behavior or if I go to a different thread and find the same same behavior exhibited in it, I will ban you for a period of not less than 3 days:
Parsifal - Trolling and thread jacking
bobgote - Insulting and thread jacking
Hamlet - Insulting and thread jacking
Admiral_Drake - threatening

I have modified or deleted your posts as I saw fit....thank you for wasting ten minutes of my life.

Do not reply to my statement in this thread. If you have a question of me then send a PM. If you want to complain then goto the SiteFeedback forum.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

the power of an administrator. Hmmm... how do u be one?

i have noticed the zulu tend to stay desptisom for as long as possible
one thing i have noticed is that most civs go to coumminum
it confuses me how such a faild system is so popuar

Originally posted by rangers85
BACK ON TOPIC

On the preferred/hated government, it's not so much what your civ likes to be in. It's mor ehow you view the world. Let's take the American Civ into view. It prefers democracy and hates communism. Now let's also imagine Persia & Egypt are democracies while France & Russia are communisms in a game. Thus, America would have more favorable relations with Persia & Egypt over the French & Russian governments since Persia & Egypt are democracies. So the preferred/hated has more to do with how you view the world.

This is very interesting...I'm gonna go check it out now. Do other people find this?

Oh yeah, and Admiral Drake, don't get me started on communism. I think we got a thread similar to this elsewhere...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23438

lol we went right off topic.

Top Bottom