preferred religious beliefs for Russia?

I think Meditation is a little devalued for Russia and more geared for the super aggressive early civs that get more amenity starved. I think it comes down to Community or Work Ethic with Community being the choice if you are investing fully in the buildings and Ethic if you are going lighter on religion.

Work Ethic is great in late game when it give you +10% production in most of your cities. But in early game it is quite meh. Belief that give you more housing or food is better imo.

Rolled Russia and thought that I would try :
As Russia, try the following -- keep taking Dance of the Aurora to max out the adjacency bonuses in tundra (optimally, getting +5 and +6 in every tundra city). When you found your religion, grab Gurdwara as your worship building (+3 faith and +2 food) and Feed the World as your follower belief (Shrines and Temples yield food equal to their intrinsic faith output -- i.e., +2 food for Shrines and +4 food for Temples). Generating +8 food in each Lavra city should go a long way to solving your tundra starvation problem (in addition to a few internal trade routes).
just for fun, but arrived late to LAN and they forgot to tell me that we're trying few games without special districts being free, so I guess no Lavra+Campus+Commercial to cities 3tiles apart as far as tundra goes so any tips trying that with any generic civ? :D

If Lavras aren't free definitely go lighter on religion. Defender of the faith + work ethic.

If Lavras aren't free definitely go lighter on religion. Defender of the faith + work ethic.
I got the food bonuses already before noticing it and asking wtf is going on :D

E: You can still chime in, we finish it prob. @sundauy

Last edited:
Top Bottom