pregame discussion thread rules

solenoozerec

Stranger
The reason for this post is the following. I recently wrote a path in my Dianthus CRP program to the folder where normal autosaves are stored. When I did that, CRP told me what our rivals are before I even opened a save file. I do not think that it is a spoiler information because it is something that we can get immediately after opening a save. Nevertheless, I see a little problem with the following statement:
“Do not post into pregame discussion thread after you open a save file.”
So I did not open a save file, but I knew something that was not known before saves were published. I see two ways to fix this problem.
1. Change the rule to “Do not post into pregame discussion after you upload any save”
or
2. Lets make this information available for pre-game discussion.
I do not have strong preferential, but I think that the rules should be more clearly pronounced.

Well, technically speaking, you are opening the save. It's just you are choosing to open it using the MapStat program, not Civ. :p

Although I think its pretty obvious what the meaning of the rule is - Don't discuss anything about the game in the pre-game discussion thread that cannot be seen from posts that Ainwood et al make...

Top Bottom