- Sep 14, 2012
- Pleasanton (San Francisco), Ca
The Prehistoric Era (BNW)
a Total Conversion Mod (Current Version: v0.2.10a, Steam v13)
v0.2.10a https://github.com/carlosfhernandez...Era (BNW) (v 13)__v0.2.10a__.civ5mod?raw=true
v0.3.0e Test: https://github.com/carlosfhernandez...c Era (BNW) (v0.3.0e-build212) [test].civ5mod
This is my first mod (inspired from the retired Muppets). I have been recommended to create an "OP" for this project since I've been using Google Docs and GitHub and Steam Forum. Thanks to TPangolin, knightmare13, and Pouakai for pointing me in the right direction. I will try to emulate other project posts and stick with a known format. Please advise me where needed.
This mod adds millions of years of human prehistory starting with "apes coming down from the trees". The first technology, Extinction Event, takes place 10M - 15M years ago. The following events (technologies) lead up to the start of the game, starting with Bipedal Adaption, which allowed early man to walk upright and therefore expand their horizons, travel more distances, and discover new technologies. This was the DAWN OF MAN.
Steam: v13 (v0.2.10a) or URL http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187671255
GitHub: v13 (v0.2.10a) https://github.com/carlosfhernandez...historic Era (BNW) (v 13)__v0.2.10a__.civ5mod
Latest Test: v0.3.0e-build212 (GitHub): https://github.com/carlosfhernandez...c Era (BNW) (v0.3.0e-build212) [test].civ5mod
Highlights & Summary (Current Release)
- New Era: Prehistoric Era.
- 17 new Technologies: Fire, Gathering, Simple Tools, Numbers, and more.
- 6 new buildings, 4 wonders, and the Outpost improvement.
- 8 New Units: Autocthon, Primitive Archer, Shaman, Caveman, Savage (and 2 more below).
- Laborer to build early improvements (a weaker form of the Worker)
- Upgrade Scout to Explorer.
- Tech Tree Spoiler:
Brief Summary (Placeholder):
- Early civilization are nomadic with no permanent Settlement. They follow a Leader who acts as a Settlement.
- Mapping is inactive at first, since early humans could not communicate enough to propagate Terrain information.
- The first Settlement is based around a campfire with a very limited population.
- There is a progression of Social Structure: Band -> Tribe -> Clan -> Chiefdom -- each has its bonuses.
- Each Era change provides a game-play change and possible bonuses.
- Progressive level of Belief System as humans progress through time. There will be three levels of Beliefs. Religion follows afterwards, as normal. The first Belief will not be based on Faith points.
- Early Resources will be "improved" by assigning multi-use units (e.g. Hunter) to the Resource. They will deplete after time. New ones will "sprout up" randomly. This is to emulate humans early nomadic lifestyle and following resources. Some can have progressive Improvements such as Berries which can be used by a Gatherer but can later have a Plantation.
- Negative Events
- drought: terrain changes (I believe there are current gfx issues with this).
- famine: agricultural-type improvements will be affected due to game weather elements.
- disease: can affect either population of city or nearby animal resources depending on certain conditions (such as population density, lack of certain sanitation systems when population reaches threshold).
- volcano: I had worked on this one a while ago. random volcano location will erupt with certain probability, changing landscape around them.
- tsunami: affects coastal tiles