Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC)

I subscribe to this mod on steam but it doesn't show up in my mod directory in the game. Any help?

Steam is inconsistent with actually downloading things, your best bet is to use the direct download. See here for instructions on doing so.

New version is up for both manual download and on STEAM.

Hot fix for "quick" game speed adjustment.
For a faster version of Prehistoric Era play on quick 200 turns to the Copper age.

I've updated to the latest version (v22), or at least it says it's that version, but the campfire building gives 5 gold, when the Release Notes for v22 says the gold is decreased. Am I just misremembering how much gold it gave in the previous versions or has something gone wrong for me whilst updating or is the gold it gives unchanged?

I've updated to the latest version (v22), or at least it says it's that version, but the campfire building gives 5 gold, when the Release Notes for v22 says the gold is decreased. Am I just misremembering how much gold it gave in the previous versions or has something gone wrong for me whilst updating or is the gold it gives unchanged?

The campfire was generally over powered so it was decreased to 5 gold. To compensate many units have been made no maintenance so as not to bankrupt AI controlled civs.

Ah, it just must have been me misremembering, phew. Thanks for answering.

Could you release a patch for CBP (Community Balance Patch)? The mod works exactly like it should except it doesn't produce science when you start the game.

Could you release a patch for CBP (Community Balance Patch)? The mod works exactly like it should except it doesn't produce science when you start the game.

Not sure how to fix that since the initial science gains in Prehistoric Era come from having a single population in your first city and then expands from there.

Not sure how to fix that since the initial science gains in Prehistoric Era come from having a single population in your first city and then expands from there.

For some reason it isn't counting the single unit as having science. I played about 20 turns and even the AI wasn't progressing.

I had to shelf the Mod unfortunately.

I did play v21 and Future Worlds together,without CPP, and your mod worked fine.

Fortunately, I did find a Future Worlds patch made for Community Project Patch so I am playing with it.

I was hoping to get Prehistoric Era Reborn, Enlightenment Era, and Future Worlds all in one game. The same person that Patched Future Worlds also integrated support for Enlightenment Era however that person has been offline for 2 years. :/

Thank you for replying. There is also a problem with Prehistoric Era Reborn and Enlightenment Era. It has to do with the tech tree.

Hi Novu,

The minor bug is that playing as Maya you have disadvantage UU - Atlatlist. The main advantage of it is the early availability, but in the mod it's actually late - after Agriculture researched.

Hi Novu,

thanks very much for this mod, it's brilliant and I woudn't dare to dream about it.
Just noticed a small weird thing in the last version : Playing in Epic, pretty soon years start to pass by veeeeery slowly (including months)…
So I'm in the classical era, having invented writing, optics, construction… And still am at 13 497, Januray, years BC. Of course that doesn't prevent to play but you'll be glad to know and hopefully be able to fix it ? Let me know if I can help ? (I know nothing about modding, but never know…)
All best !

Hello.

I have recently installed this awesome modpack. Sadly the following problem occurred: About 300 turns, all the cities I founded vanisched. Is there a specific mod which is not compatible with this one, cause I am a big fan of the Mods for Civ5.

Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC) v22
build 3.07a
Stable Release

DOWNLOAD http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23994
Now Available on Steam:

BUG FIX patch and gameplay enhancement of the old mod Prehistoric Era (v13)

Release Notes (v14)

Start the game in 20,000BC.

Improved game pace and corrected year / turn.
Adjusted Unit Balance.
Adjusted Economic Balance.
Limited city growth in the Prehistoric era (Limit 3 cities before 4000BC or 4 with Freedom)
Adjusted barbarian warrior and archer models

ALL NEW feature:
Giants
"There were giants in the Earth in those days. Great warriors of old, men of renown."
- The book of Enoch

The giant is a new type of great person that is used to crush your enemies. You only get ONE. If it dies you can't get another.
-Giant names based on historical and mythological giants.
- Strength 10 :c5strength:
- Moves 2 :c5moves:
- Promotion City Assault

Spoiler :

NEW National wonder: Meeting Place.
- Yields +1 :c5happy:
- Gives one giant unit
- give +2 :tourism: after discovering archaeology (Giant Skeleton artifact)

Release Notes (v15)

The long awaited water expansion is here!
-New Building: Dock
-New Sea Unit - Kon Tiki Raft
-Explore the prehistoric coast including rival territory

Coastal building progression is now Dock -> Lighthouse -> Harbor -> Seaport.

Spoiler :

New Special Unit: Obsidian Archer
- More powerful version of the normal archer but requires obsidian resource to build
- Strength 5 :c5strength:
- Ranged 9 :c5rangedstrength:
- Movement 2 :c5moves:

Spoiler :

Release Notes (v16)

Lions are now a major threat in the prehistoric era.

New hunter Unit that uses FLINT.
- Strength 7 :c5strength:
- Movement 2 :c5moves:
- Heals after every kill.

Takes more faith to found a Religion.

Release Notes (v17)

-Lion combat increased to 9 :c5strength:
-New graphic for hunter
-NEW game mechanic (minor religions)
*All civilizations will get a minor religion that will persist even after the founding of the major religions.

Release Notes (v18)
-Two new Units (Great Hero and Great Shaman)
-Four new buildings (Copper Weapons, Copper Jeweler, Hero's Hut, and Shaman Circle)
-New Technology: Copper Forging
-New Luxury: Copper Jewellery
-Longer deals duration on Standard speed
*Bug fix with removing outposts
*Goodyhut revamp

Release Notes (v19)
- NEW process Gather Food converts 25% production into
- New building Copper Tools +3 production
- Custom graphics for Prehistoric era settlers.

Release Notes (v20)
- Female Shaman added
- NEW unit priestess

Release Notes (v21)
- Female Savage added
- improvements to the Female Shaman

Release Notes (v22)
- Economic Balance Patch
- Less gold from campfire

Recommended optional Download mods:
Bronze Age Units
Gobekli Tepe Wonder

More Features to come in future updates.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23994

---

Original Mod credits:
Muppets for:
- original prehistoric idea and g&k mod

CarlosCodex for:
- BNW prehistoric era

Androrc for:
- wildlife & animals

- Muppets! For the original complete mod that I played for hours and hours and inspired me to make other mods.
- danrell and Patum333 from civfanatics.com for their fantastic unit models! (See a complete list below.)
- framedarchitecture for help on making this mod a lot more compatible with other mods!
- JFD, who provided a new trait for France with his "New Beginnings" mod!

Wulfgar, Deliverator, WHoward, danrell, lemmy101
- Horemvore for the resources examples and base art.
Is this compatible with Apshai's Prehistoric Era?

I pretty much consider this mod to be in it's finished state. The only thing I am working on is compatibility issues with other mods. I would like to somehow get this to work with "The Enlightenment Era" mod.

Top Bottom