1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[SCENARIO] Prehistoric World 1.1

Civ 3 with dinosaurs.

Tags:
  1. Enemy post

Enemy post Chieftain

This is mostly just a simple scenario I made when I felt unsatisfied with the restrictions imposed by Civ 3's existing Dinobarbs scenario. In particular, every difficulty and random maps are supported, and the scenario uses Conquests. The raptor and Allosaurus return from Dinobarbs, with the same combat strength of 4/4 and 8/8 respectively. I also added a megalodon as a naval unit for the barbarians, with a strength of 3/3.

In addition, I preferred that every animal be consistent with the "prehistoric" theme, so every horse unit has been replaced with a mammoth rider. (Since the graphics pack for the mammoths didn't have a chariot model, the chariots have been replaced with non-wheeled but otherwise identical mammoth units.) The Indian war elephant is now a Triceratops with identical stats. The relevant resource tiles have been updated as follows:

Spoiler Resources :

Horses=Mammoths
    Furs=Hides/Stegosaurus
    Ivory=Horn/Triceratops
    Whales=Ichthyosaurs
    Game=Onithomimid
    Cattle=Hadrosaurs
    Fish are unchanged.

This is the first scenario I've made for Civ 3, I didn't want to change the gameplay overmuch besides improving on Dinobarbs, especially since I'm not actually good at the game.

Spoiler Credits :

Dinosaur graphics are from Civ 3.
    Mammoth graphics were made by Plotinus.
    Megalodon graphics were made by Supa.
    Cave graphic was made by Tom2050.
    The Ichthyosaurus tile is based on a screenshot of Walking with Dinosaurs.
    Background sounds were sourced from JPOG, Carnivores, Sandia National Laboratories, The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, and an apparently anonymous poster on Soundboard.com.
    Apologies if I missed anyone, it's been a while since I made this scenario and I could have forgotten something.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Enemy post... you need to Upload the Scenario Folder with all Game Files, Not just the Biq.

3. Enemy post

Enemy post Chieftain

Oh, sorry. I'll take care of that now.

*Weird, for some reason I'm having trouble editing my posts. At first it wouldn't let me change anything when the links to this site were in the credits, citing "spamlike or inappropriate elements", and now I'm having difficulty getting it to accept the updated folder. The version in the Downloads section doesn't seem to acknowledge the new download, and this thread refuses the new file with the "spamlike or inappropriate elements" message.

**Ok, I can't seem to get the fixed upload on here, but I can get the download page working by linking to my Dropbox instead of hosting the file on the site. I'd post a link, but the site won't let me.

***I'll contact a mod to see if they can fix this.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Archivist, redux Supporter

I'll also suggest that (as is both "customary" and quite helpful) that you post an "announcement" thread in the main "Creation & Customization" forum, to let folks know about any of your (plainly fine) new works.

Cheers,
    ;)z

5. Enemy post

Enemy post Chieftain

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll probably do that after I get this thread fixed, since I wouldn't want to draw too much attention to it until I can post the link here.

6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Moderator Action: @Enemy post - I assigned your scenario resource to this thread so now there is a d/l link at the top. You can also view the resource page directly by clicking the 'Overview' tab at the top.

7. Enemy post

Enemy post Chieftain

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2021
  8. JJKYT

JJKYT Chieftain

mind seeing a screenshot of the scenario, sounds pretty interesting

9. Enemy post

Enemy post Chieftain

Thanks, I really should add some screenshots. I’ll collect those next time I sit down to play the scenario.