Is there a variable in the XML that I can modify to turn off the experience cap for killing wild animals? I've been poking through UnitInfos and Combat XML files but I can't find anything/am not entirely certain what I'm looking for.

You can change the max XP cap in the file below. There is no way to disable the cap, but for all practial purposes the same effect can be achieved by setting a very high value.

Assets/XML/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

<Define>
<DefineName>ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Note that you have to start a new game for it to take effect.

You can change the max XP cap in the file below. There is no way to disable the cap, but for all practial purposes the same effect can be achieved by setting a very high value.

Assets/XML/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

<Define>
<DefineName>ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Note that you have to start a new game for it to take effect.
Super, thanks.

I assume it'd be a bit more laborious to do max XP for specific units? I always liked the idea of Whaling Ships getting unlimited XP from killing water creatures and rangers from land creatures. Also kinda liked the idea of being able to equip hunters and send them outside borders and have them kill wild creatures for food/furs.

Just came back to col4 and gave this mod a try. And it is really interesting. I was just wondering how would I go about making a distributing trade network, let's say ( I guess) it is a good idea to keep a bit of every finished product in each cities, so people can use them. And raw resources in the main processing hubs.
How would I do that? Do I need to make a treshold X both for import and export with each 4 checkbox marked? Or some other way around?
So in short what is the "keep Z" setting?

don't be lazy, learn to look for information before asking questions.
Yes, in the latest release, the import / export setup looks a little different, but the essence remains the same.

don't be lazy, learn to look for information before asking questions.
Yes, in the latest release, the import / export setup looks a little different, but the essence remains the same.
I've watched that, twice, and read the forum entry too, and the colonopedia.
I am just unsure what setting does that :
I aim for X effect. As the video says use dynamic export (same as normal export except for point to point traderoutes) , but when I did (without the other export) it did nothing.

I made this description for my group in social networks.

Let's start with the capital, since this is the first coastal city. It would be logical if everything that will be exported to Europe will be brought there. On the colony screen, click on the "Governor" button, then on the "Import" button and select "Import all goods". That's it, now this colony will accept all the basic goods that will be produced in your other cities. However, some products at the very top of the list are not automatically highlighted and you will have to decide for yourself what else needs to be added.

Now directly setup. We still have the same two lines for each product. The top line is responsible for the import. If the colony needs a certain commodity, enter the required quantity in field 1 and turn on Import by putting a cross in field 3 (Feeder) and when the stocks reach 75% of the indicated in field 1, some transport will bring the missing amount to the colony. If you leave field 1 empty and enable Import (2), the goods will enter the colony in unlimited quantities.

The bottom line is responsible for the export. In field 4, enter the amount of the good that should always remain in the colony, and anything that exceeds this number will be exported to where the import of this good is enabled. If you leave field 4 empty, then when you turn on Export (5), all goods will be exported without a trace.
For each product in each city, a separate Trade Route is created. Export automation (6) disables the path if there is nothing to transport yet. According to the developer of the Trade Routes system, this has a positive effect on the speed of the game) So you can safely use only Automatic Export. Checked - working

Now all that's left to do is automate your transports.

upload_2022-3-20_18-17-16.png

Yea the problem is, the Pearl Hunter cannot perform the Pearl Hunting Job on that ocean tile with pearl resource on the left. How to solve it?

Vorpal+5, you can start. as such, there will be no new release soon. it is only planned to release some bug fixes to the current one.

Wimmy, Have you tried moving the unit manually?
and always attach a save game. this simplifies problem solving.

Hello. I'm looking for a sub mod or instructions on how to modify the AI ship starting locations, or change the minimum distance between ship spawns. The problem that I'm finding is in some games that AI ships spawn too close to the player or other AI.

Thus, you have games where each AI empire initial founded colony are packed together on a small section of coastline.

For example, if the map is 160 tiles in length, going north to south ship spawns should be as follows:

Boat 1 spawn in tile 20
Boat 2 spawn in tile 50
Boat 3 spawn in tile 80
Boat 4 spawn in tile 110
Boat 5 spawn in tile 140

IIRC initial spawn points are handled in the map scripts.

Bear in mind that the norther/southern parts of the map aren't very hospitable, to have a balanced start most scripts restrict the landing areas.

Regards
XSamatan

Hello all,
I am a new Civ4Col player and a very new WTP player. One thing I notice is that on higher difficulties I expand far slower than the AI.
Early game I focus on setting up a profitable business chain, eg, sugar to rum.
So I spend my money on things like master distillers, colonists and so on.
Then I find that I have expanded a lot slower than the AI.
So...
Should I be buying prepared settlers? They're very expensive and most colonies won't pay themselves back.
Or should I buy the tools (and if needed horses)? Most of the time I will have the lumber and food available, but want to import tools and horses. This seems best to me but I have a hard time since it feels like I'm wasting resources.
Or finally should I try and spec for building tools and horses. This isn't really an option if I'm settling hot fertile regions though rather than temperate/drier areas.

Thank you!

if you right click on a colonist(profession is not relevant but best not a unit with equipment like Scout soldier or Pioneer) on the docks in Europe than you can equip him to be a settler .
you should never buy prepared settler most of the time they a more expensive than to equip a other unit .

@BaneFire
Please next time use [WTP] Quick Questions for everything that is a player questions that can be answered by a few posts. :)
Otherwise our forum will get cluttered with simple question threads and actual longer discussions will be hard to be found.

-----

Otherwise @Arkona is right. :thumbsup:

Buying Prepared Settlers in Europe is normally too expensive - especially in the long run.
Producing the Yields in the Colonies and equiping them in one of your Cities is usually the best solution.

If you do not have the Yields in the Colonies in most cases it is cheaper to equip them.
(But I have seen exceptions to this as well, when e.g. Lumber, Horses an Tools where really expensive.)

Summary:
Compare prices if you are not sure.

Last edited:
i have some question all are for the plains branch
1 is it wad that some times in the loading screen a 2 quotes at a time ?
2 is it wad that a trek can be transported by a conestago ?
3 is it wad that mangroves a grown on a big river ?
4 if i have text bug should i post them direct in kendons threat?

Last edited:
1 is it wad that some times in the loading screen a 2 quotes at a time ?
Never saw that happen. :dunno:

2 is it wad that a trek can be transported by a conestago ?
No. But it should already be corrected in one of my commits.
(I have no idea if that commit was actually merged to "Plains" though.)

See here, in my own version everything is correct:
(Maybe you simply do not have the most recent updates.)

upload_2022-5-8_17-10-46.jpeg

3 is it wad that mangroves a grown on a big river ?
Yes. But "Plains" is also not fully balanced. It has not even been fully implemented either. It is "work in progress".
I never cared about fully balancing it, since some implementations are not yet even fully done either.

1) The "New Cost Movement System" has broken Pathfinding and it has not been repaired yet (alternatively the "New Cost Movement System" could be removed).
2) Maps and MapScripts have not yet been adjusted to the New Terrains, Terrain Features, ...
3) The Streams Feature is not yet considered by Maps and MapScripts either (but that is also not that dramatic either)
4) There is a MapScript that can generate "Large Rivers" but I am not sure what the status of it really is.

I simply do not care about balancing a branch that I do not consider yet to be fully implemented. :dunno:
(It would not be released anyways, so why invest effort for balancing it then.)

4 if i have text bug should i post them direct in kendons threat?
Probably most efficient way, so yes. :thumbsup:

----

Summary:

"Plains" is currently in a state of "Modder's Nirvana" to be honest. :dunno:
There is stuff that needs to be finished but nobody tracks and coordinates the activities to do so.
Also there are fixes, updates, improvements in various branches that have not yet been merged to "Plains".

In other words:

"Plains" is not yet finished and thus also purposely not published.
Thus also do not expect it to be as polished as a published branch.

To be honest:

There are times where I considered "Plains" to be my biggest failure and I often regret to have started it.
It was simply too big and too ambitious for a mod with as little modders as we still have ...
Maybe it will be published at some point ... maybe not ... maybe only parts of it ... I do not know.

Last edited:
to 1 i have screen shots of the double quotes i can post the bugs channel.
In my opinion as player i really like plains and think you and the others have made a nice job it is not finish but i think it brings the mod to the next step.

Top Bottom