Preparing the 1.15 Release

Leoreth

Blue Period
Fasten your seat belts everyone.

I am mostly done with everything that needs to be done before release. Here's a rough timeline of events:

1. Finishing the remaining civilopedia entries (descriptions for civics) - complete
2. Finishing technology cost balancing. One technology costs are final, I will remove the era based modifiers and apply their effect directly to all techs of that era, while smoothing the tech cost curve. - complete

3. Creating a release candidate. This is mostly a formality on github, but essentially presents a final state of the mod that will not be changed unless necessary (a bug is being reported etc.) - complete: here is the installer and the installer including modules

4. Making all modules compatible with the new version. Both Soundtrack and the VD module require some work here. - complete
5. Address some issues with Varietas Delectat: reducing the length of file and folder names to avoid problems with Windows path limitations in combination with the Steam installation.
6. Add Varietas Delectat unit art for new units. I don't know how far I can get there. Varietas Delectat relies on additional unit art created for units existing in the base game. Obviously art creators did not anticipate the new units this mod creates. But I will try to do my best to not make that too apparent. Edit: I will also try to add unique art for civs that currently share that of others, including Polynesia, Tibet, Tamils, Indonesia, Thailand.

7. Final release on github, compilation and upload of the install tool for 1.15.

I don't know how long steps 4-6 are going to take, but I want to have at least a two week period between steps 3 and 7 to have a chance of finding and addressing more remaining bugs and issues. Maybe I will already compile an install tool for 1.15 without all modules at step 3, to broaden the base of people able to playtest.

Whenever you run across smaller issues with the mod that could be addressed in this process, please report them here.

Note: please understand that I deliberately did not attach dates to this timeline. I cannot estimate how long some of these steps will still take, so I can't make any promises. There's no more substantive answer I can give to questions about the release date, so there's really no point in asking. I will post continuing updates on where on the timeline we currently are.

Last edited:
I'm so excited for the 5th one as I couldn't work out how to fix that without having to move the files and then I would've have to change all the art defines unit manually.. I've just been playing 1.14 with pink janissaries and red blob middle eastern heavy horseman

I have just added more logging for the improvement health bug (more bad health than the number of worked workshops implies). Please, if you run into this bug, report it here or in the bug reports thread, and make sure to include the sdkDebug.log file.

I'm so excited for the 5th one as I couldn't work out how to fix that without having to move the files and then I would've have to change all the art defines unit manually.. I've just been playing 1.14 with pink janissaries and red blob middle eastern heavy horseman

I can relate

Please be gentle. :(

Step 1 is now complete.

It is already pushed to the git repository.

Could You tell me if the update of the text XML-files is completed on the git repository? If they are already ready, I could now turn to their translation and to transfer to them already translated, so that there would be less work in the future.

Could You tell me if the update of the text XML-files is completed on the git repository? If they are already ready, I could now turn to their translation and to transfer to them already translated, so that there would be less work in the future.
I don't plan to make any more changes before this release.

Leoreth has said that it would be probably 1.17.
Really? So the map isn't available anywhere, and won't be available for many months? I'd have liked to play on it in normal Beyond the Sword, at least. Oh well. :)

I'm not doing the map, Bautos42 is. I will try my hand at it once he is done with his first version of it. However, there is a current state of the map available to download in the corresponding thread.

I read on the Plague page of the Civilopedia that Medicine stops Plague from spreading regardless of healthiness, but I don't see it noted anywhere on that specific technology.

I read on the Plague page of the Civilopedia that Medicine stops Plague from spreading regardless of healthiness, but I don't see it noted anywhere on that specific technology.
It was the medicine tech in the old tech tree. I don't know if there's one in the current tech tree that shuts down plague.

It was the medicine tech in the old tech tree. I don't know if there's one in the current tech tree that shuts down plague.

It should be Microbiology, more or less? But ever since antiquity the tech tree or tech description has never indicated which tech prevents plague spread.

It is Microbiology, haven't updated that civilopedia text. Link is in the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom