Preparing the 1.15 Release

2. Finishing technology cost balancing. One technology costs are final, I will remove the era based modifiers and apply their effect directly to all techs of that era, while smoothing the tech cost curve.
I'm done with this now. After repeated reports that tech costs were still too high from the Industrial era on, I also reduced the costs somewhat aggressively, so I need additional feedback on whether I went too far. The current tech curve is now designed in such a way that all techs of every era roughly cost 150% of the previous era.

I'm done with this now. After repeated reports that tech costs were still too high from the Industrial era on, I also reduced the costs somewhat aggressively, so I need additional feedback on whether I went too far. The current tech curve is now designed in such a way that all techs of every era roughly cost 150% of the previous era.
Try some America game in different difficulties(all 1700ad, Epic), major AI tech rates in 1774ad below:
Spoiler :
Regent

Monarch

Emperor

Paragon

Attachments

• Washington AD-1774 Turn 515 Paragon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    969.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Noooooooo why would you do this right when the semester begins! :cry:

I also uploaded an installer for the current release candidate.

Ok, it seems quite good.
I can start a game in 3000BC map and in 1700AD map
I'm getting an error on 600AD map.

I tried to compare 3000BC and 600AD map files to find any error but all difference seems right.

Is there any log i can read to investigate this error?

After this announcement, I have also uploaded an installer for the release candidate, that should be the easiest solution. See item three in the opening post.

Last edited:
Step 4 is now complete, and all modules can be used together with the release candidate again. You can download the full installer here.

If you give it a try, please report if you have any observations. I am aware that unique art for new unit types introduced with 1.15 is still missing, and plan to address that in step 6.

I've got a message error on NextTurnEvent or something, but i was not able to save it.

And i've some troubles with founding religions.
In some test games with Indians and Chinese, i founded a religion before researching relative tech.

Maybe is civilopedia not updated with the new tree tech?

Please post a screenshot or save in case you run into the error again. Likewise, a saved game would help in figuring out if there's anything going wrong with religions.

Confucianism gets founded at a specific date and I assume Buddhism too because the required tech is really far up the tech tree. Judaism too and the old Ethiopia UHV required you to race that date. I assumed this was intended but maybe it's a remnant of Rhye's. Either way, it's useless to have Buddhism tied to Philosophy or what ever it is because it will be founded much earlier automatically.

No idea what is setting it off, but it's nothing but the game files plus the installer. If you don't trust it, you can still get everything from Github instead.

Confucianism gets founded at a specific date and I assume Buddhism too because the required tech is really far up the tech tree.
We must know how and when.
If a tech is needed one goes for that tech, but if that tech is unnecessary there are more useful techs to research.

There are too many UHV targets tied to religious things and we have to know.

Can someone with the Steam version of BtS confirm that DoC is installed at the following path?

Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Mods/RFC Dawn of Civilization

It is, yes ('SteamLibrary' because 'Steam' is installed on C:, for me): D:\Program Files HDD\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization

Oh, so there is another "Beyond the Sword" in there. How dumb, why are they wasting path real estate like that.

If one of you could try installing the VD module with Steam and report back for which files it complains, it would help me a lot. Even if it's just a series of screenshots.

Top Bottom