1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Preserving pages offline

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by ADP101, May 29, 2008.

1. ADP101

ADP101 Warlord

Me and a few friends are making a timebox sort of thing and we wanted to put our current facebook pages into there. I downloaded a program called Website Ripper Coppier. It downloads websites or pages and makes them availble offline. It works for almost alll sites but not facebook. Any1 know how to copy a simple profile page?

2. Ghost Ranger

Ghost Ranger Prince

Just right click>Save Page As... in Firefox. In Internet Explorer File>Save As... or Page>Save As...

3. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

You could also screenshot the whole page as an image. There's a firefox extension that does that, though I can't think of the name. That's less likely to get messy.

4. Ghost Ranger

Ghost Ranger Prince

Except that things like links won't be usable, and the HTML won't be editable. Though, on second thought, why not do both?

5. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

If it's kept long enough, the links will be useless anyway.

6. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

I'm not familiar with how the social networking sites work, but have you tried a web archiver like HTTrack?

7. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Ih firefox, ctrl+S saves the page as a HTML document and a file of everything on it so that if you click on the file it loads the page just as it is in the browser.

8. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Facebook is AJAX heavy so a simple 'page save' might not do... although it should, in theory.