Preset Relations?

Nintz

King of the Britons
Trying to play as Cordoba, winning a war against Spain. I capture the city of Soria, spread Islam to it, and have (yet another) defensive crusade take it back.

I manage to get Isabella to convert to Islam as a peace offering.

Relations now +1 (due to previous declaration of war).

Isabella now leads the Emirate of Spain, yet still hates my guts.
I can understand the preset relations while Spain is Catholic, but now she's Islamic.
Shouldn't Isabella now be at least Cautious?

I think religious relationship boni were strongly nerfed in RFCE because the vast majority of the civs will be Catholic, however this doesn't mean they've all been good friends for the last 1500 years.

If Spain was your vassal, I think they should like you no matter what (and I think they do), but two Islamic states competing over the same territory have every reason to dislike each other.

We can slightly reduce the preset penalty between Spain and Cordoba, but I don't think they should be able to reach pleased or friendly status, no matter what is the case in the given game

Yet more determinism. Managing to convert Spain to Islam and making efforts to please *should* grant at least pleased in the long term. It's just unfair otherwise IMO.

Anyway, Spain is a big bully, doesn't seem to care about diplomacy :p

Managing to convert Spain to Islam and making efforts to please *should* grant at least pleased in the long term. It's just unfair otherwise IMO.

Alright, I will lower the hate rate between Spain and Cordoba

Alright, I will lower the hate rate between Spain and Cordoba

Well, that's nice, thank you.

Is it also possible to make a alternate diplomatic behavior for when Spain and Cordoba have the same religion. Like both Catholic or Islamic? No idea if this is possible, just what I think would work best.

how about 'just' collapsing Spain? :p

Top Bottom