President Thread- Term 2

Looking at that they have BW and Wheel (medium jump around 1800BC). There is also a possibility that one of the 2000 jumps is a barracks but otherwise there graph is just Quenchua, so if they are rushing someone they are in trouble because everyone we have met has done BW.

Also Sirian made the map so i seriously doubt he would have left anyone without copper so to me it shows they haven't connected it.

OR maybe they simple dont know about building quechens once you have copper or they decided its not a priority since their UU can out class early units by sheer numbers alone.

One Combat I, shock Axe can take out an army of quechas, so all we need is a barracks and a axe to ward of any quecha threat.

We also cannot neglect defenses as well in our border/fronter cities. A couple of Archers would do the job defending as well as City Walls. We cant leave our cities being defended behind haystacks ;).

Walls are among the most useless things in the game, they do so little its amazing- coupled with their quite expensive cost for doing so little you may as well build a unit or two.

Archers- also no good except for happiness under hereditry rule.

Walls are among the most useless things in the game, they do so little its amazing- coupled with their quite expensive cost for doing so little you may as well build a unit or two.

Archers- also no good except for happiness under hereditry rule.
However Archers do provide a first strike defense if a unit stack is attacked IIRC.

1680 BC

Treasury is in bad shape. 14 gold and -1 per turn, set science to 90% to save 3 gold and we still get Pottery in 4. So far looks like Writing will be our next tech.

Finished worker number 3. Will start a road to the next city until we can build cottages, and it looks like most posters want to settle on the doomed site to the SE next.

Axe is up next (3 turns) then settler (7 turns) but we can rush or chop.

Warrior up north is blocked by GCA’s border so will retreat a bit then sentry.

We should defenately keep an eye on the GCAers, just incase they pull any tricks against us.

What to do with our exploring warriors?

The guy outside COG will head back west to reveal new tiles (10 turns away)
The guy outside GCA will explore west of Fever River then be our North sentry (8 turns away)
The guy outside BAT will head further West to reveal new tiles (13 turns away)

Warrior built in the capitol, started Axe, so its...
Time to make a final decision about where to place our next city.
So far the popular choice is on the very end of the Eastern peninsula so we can get all that food but nothing else (that is the popular choice by default because so few posters have made their choice clear). The worker will begin roading to that site. The Axe will be built for 1 turn then we can switch to Settler because the warrior returning from COG will keep that tile clear of barbs. (Another unit may cost us upkeep and we can finish in 1 turn incase of emergency.)

Switched our capitol to settler (due in 7 turns)

Pottery in 2, looking forward to cottages.

Attached a nice world view. I assume GWT must be to the south west, but two potential routes leed that way.

Next city in the south-east?
It got outvoted by 7 to 6 last time, so there was a lot of support.

Yes, next city is set to go in the forest at the very end of the peninsula, but I think it should go north of the rice, a dissagreement that was decided by the opinions of just three posters.

North of the rice as in missing TWO food resources and a nice grassland tile and getting back 3 lousy plain tiles inlcuding one hill???? :confused:

I like the spot on the forest. Apart from getting all the food resource it also mean a border expansion blocks the route off for the other teams without needing to put a city in the direct line of fire. Nasty, yes but we are aiming to get to the final:)

I would go for red dot, to claim the area and the resources, before BAT does. This region is the best commercial area that we can see, and has the most important (and apparently scarce) resource of the first half of the game.

Site 2 can be settled whenever we want, and brings little advantage IMO.

I vote the forest site that Robi D mentioned.

Red dot will kill us from upkeep costs.

Look back at the demo game. We did the same thing set up a city far away to grab horses and it crippled our research rate.

Those that voted red....I ask you this. How often do you play civ 4 and put a city 2 city widths away and still win the tech race. This is against humans not AI and they are certain to have a settler in route to grab that iron before we can. This tactic was valid in Civ 3 but it is very very wrong in Civ 4 especailally against humans. At the earliest that could be our 4 city....if you fill in between it with city 3.

We need to play smart all we have to do is survive long enough in this game to move on. Bold moves such as red dot can be used when its winner take all not now.

I did the same thing vs Robi D in a game and it crippled my research rate until he took that city then it was too late to recover.

We are starting to make many tiny errors in foreign relations( not solidifying deals and following up) and in internal stuff...these will add up to be our downfall if we dont start playing like we are playing humans instead of AI. We are too scattered and need a more focused goal oriented approach.

North of the rice as in missing TWO food resources and a nice grassland tile and getting back 3 lousy plain tiles inlcuding one hill????

Yes. The southern site will need to rush a library, wait for border expansion and then need two work boats (60 hammers) imported from the capitol to produce 15 food and 1 hammer. The northern site produces 8 hammers and 8 food after only a little work by a worker.

Lots of good stuff in that post Rob.

I like the red spot and the others near it, but think it’s too soon to settle so far away.

As for foreign relations, just keeping in contact goes a long way. We were invited to a BAT chat on the 22nd and while we have been busy trying to arrange that they have heard nothing from us. A New Year greeting on the 31st has also gone unheeded.

GCA invited us to chat on the 27th and have received similar treatment.

Chats can be tricky to set up and we don’t really have anything to discuss so lets just be a little more active and friendly via email.

“Dear neighbors,

So sorry for the delays in getting back to you, but chats can be difficult to arrange. While we are trying to sort that out please be assured of our continued good will and readiness to discuses any issue or concerns that may arise.

Happy New Year.
Team CFC”

I agree we are starting to lose this on the diplomancy front. This game is won more in diplo than on discussions on where to build a city. ( ask anyone in the CFC demogame pitboss game)

Can we please get some emails to them just to remind them of our continued interest in chats and in trades.

Top Bottom