1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President Thread term 9

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well i'd like to welcome you all to team BCLG, after successfully winning both foreign minister and president ive decided to keep this one. So after over 2000 years ive returned to the presidents office!

I'm afraid to say that my posts wont contain as much detail as Kuningas's due to the fact i dont have hours to write them.

Cities
    Aloha (12) Whipped rax, growth next turn
    Hello (8) Growth in stagnant, gran next turn
    Hej (7) Growth in 4, granary in 4
    Guten Tag(6) Growth in 9, completed Granary, started on lighthouse done in 4
    Kia Ora (6) Growth in stagnant, worker in 3- stopped working coastal tiles, slight hit to gnp but get that worker out two turns faster- doesn't affect tech rate.
    Ciao (3) Growth in 2 lib in 80
    Privet (5) Growth in stagnant worker next turn
    Konnichi wa (3) Growth in 3 lib in 18 (border exp next turn)
    Terve (1) Growth in 2 wb in 12 (borders expanded)

Goals for this term

Put away the whip a bit, we have the second largest crop yield and yet the majority of our cities are tiny- we have tonnes of forest, even around the core cities. There is next to no point in keeping these for lumbermills as we can just build workshops so i shall start an intense chopping program-nation trust be dammed.

I want to settle at least 3 sites, the three which were already established. Primarily it has to be allegra due to the closeness of piffle to that site and are capital- we dont want them settling there. Then the iron city- however closer than was originally put down as that place we wouldnt even get the iron till a second border pop and i dont think we can wait another 50 turns after settling for the iron.

Current demographics

With the increase in pop we'll also increase the top three. I want to start building some military also, not just in Aloha but the core cities can also supply a few units whilst Hej can be our boat building area. I see no problem with building a couple of galleys and then upgrading to galleons- i appreciate the cost but then we'll be able to land on piffle a lot earlier.

Current state of the empire

Foreign Policy
    Did we ever hear back from loco about the gunpowder deal or have i just not been keeping track?
    Enter into technology trade discussions with piffle- we want to keep them sweet.
    Inform innovia about said discussions so they dont think we are turning against them. Also can robi have a talk with them and ask them wtf they're doing with the no gnp- my apologies for not doing so.
    Keep scouting out epsilon as best we can

And thats about it i think :):goodjob:

2. Love

Love Chieftain

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (sub)

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

whats our plans to get iron...that needs to be in the high on our list of what needs to be done.

4. Love

Love Chieftain

:yup: it sure does...

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Settler in Aloha- planning on using it as a troop pump but we dont especially need any troops just yet.

6. Love

Love Chieftain

After we got iron, build a frigging big army and attack, probably next term, also after got tech of cool Russian horses

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Aloha (12) Settler done in 4 , this one will go and found the iron city, again switched some tiles around so we're working less commerce but gets the settler out 3 turns quicker whilst not affecting the total time for us to get MT
    Hello (8) Growth in stagnant, granary complete
    Hej (7) Growth in 3, granary in 3
    Guten Tag(6) Growth in 8, lighthouse done in 3
    Kia Ora (6) Growth in stagnant, worker in 2
    Ciao (3) Growth in 1 lib in 79
    Privet (5) Growth in stagnant worker next turn
    Konnichi wa (3) Growth in 2 lib in 17 (border expanded)
    Terve (1) Growth in 1 wb in 11

Think that was the plan gandhi :)

epsilon have gunpowder, loco don't maybe they were lying about having to trade it to someone?
    proposed dye for gold with loco and cow for deer.

I took a couple of pictures but i cant find them now :S maybe i clicked scroll lock or something.

8. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Loco might not be around long enough to give us the gold. Innovia has officially gone to war. It kind of good i didn't tell them the rumor about epsilon attacking them, would have made us look a bit foolish;)

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

No but we could make it easier on our innovia friends by hinting to loco that epsilon are planning on attacking, they may shift some forces the other side.

10. Robi D

Do you think they would believe that?

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Im not sure, wouldnt do us much harm would it? they already know who's side we're on.

12. Robi D

Yes i was thinking about that, maybe its time for the foreign minister to publish an open letter of denouncement to muddy the waters a bit;)

13. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

1020AD

Loco offered us deer for cow, think thats what i meant to send for last time not sure what happened.

Granary completed in Hello, settler started. Put a few great people down, we still get a GP next turn, settler completed in 6 turns.--correction done in 4 with forest chop.

Privet finishes worker and continues on rax.

We can also build heroic epic now- im unsure why as i cant see any third level troops but ohwell- plan was to build it in aloha wasnt it? Everyones power graph has been shooting up except ours, after these settler builds have been rectified i aim to start changing that.

We're doing ok in pretty much everything, recently we're top of mfg but thats with my minor alterations to the MM and we'll go back to number 1 in gnp if i change that also. (obviously go lower in mfg)

We had a GS born in hello which can be used to add 1659 beakers to education if we so wish.

We're being absolutly annhiliated tech wise

Though when looking at diplomacy screen piffle are still at least 3 techs down on us whilst epsilon are only one- so they definatly arn't sharing everything.

Heres the cities

14. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

I'm thinking our research plan. We do beeline for Grenadiers after MT and Gunpowder? Sorry, I forgot tech names. Isn't Grenadier power 12 unit with +50% attack vs Rifleman? Good way to counter Redcoats, I think.

15. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well we've already agreed to gunpowder from loco. Yeah gren is something like that and i doa gree a good counter to redcoats but what with our idea of producing cossaks en masse im not sure whether we'd have enough time to produce enough grens before they got to infantry.

What are we doing with the GS?

We also need to discuss civics further, we had the start of one in the previous thread but after going to such great lengths to get a religion we still havn't entered into a civic where it is even partially worthwhile. The only options for me are organized religion or pacifism. Thoughts?

16. Robi D

The main reason for the religion was the happiness. If we are going to be building lots of units then pacifism is not worth it for a short time. What about Theo, the extra promo for units would come in handy.

What tech can we lightbulb?

17. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

I agree with Robi. Since we are planning to build military units Theocracy is a good option. Why would we need OR +25% production to buildings when we do build units in nearly every city?

Also I thought that Mercantilism might be profitable. It would be neat to stop Piffle profitting from their Great Lighthouse. Very quick math not verified: We do get extra 15-20 :commerce: from foreign trade routes. With Mercantilism we do get cities multiplied 3 beakers for total of 27 beakers. Of cource I assume we have built a library in each city which is not true. So true value is more like 18 :science: and 3 :hammers:

EDIT With Mercantilism extra GP rate as well

18. Robi D

Didn't we have a deal to get Banking from Innovia?

I do hope they are doing Astronomy now and that they wont take too long.

I assume after we have finished MT and gotten gunpowder from Loco we will be doing Chem?

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

No we didnt want it in the end, tbh we could get it from loco or innovia and as loco have so many less techs than us it might be worth considering getting banking from them.

the drawback with theocracy in my mind is that its awful. Also i dont think we'll be producing units in most cities. We have 4 cities that'll be able to build troops- including the capital. With maybe 2 or 3 able to be whipped, that'll leave us with about 4 or 5 cities just building buildings.

looking at the tech tree thats all that i can see us going for next.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Finished lighthouse in Guten tag, undecided what to go for next.

Kia ora finishes worker- continues on rax.

No news on what to do with the scientist so i chose to hold on to it, we can have a GA in about 15 turns if i hire some great people in hello- whether or not its worth it right now is debatable however.

Cities screenies-

demographics- everyone except piffle has had a decrease in gnp recently, epsilon has also had a couple of major mfg bumps.

I think switching to merch will be a good idea we seem to be the only ones funding piffles GL.