1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President Thread term 9

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Looks like Piffle are fishing. They sent a galleon with cavs up towards us. Still a long way off

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Sorry i didn't realise the save was in, plus i've been caught up with uni stuff and can't seem to find my disc!

3. Robi D

no problem. The other teams have been slow with there turns before.

4. Robi D

Turn 207.

Piffle sole galleon sails up into the bay. No sign of any others so i don't see what they are attempting to do with 3 cavs. Moved some Cossaks into Hej Igen to protect it and moved the workers out of danger.

We have Scientific method ready for next turn, i've asked innovia what they are doing.

We have a great merchant to go along with our great scientist. We can bulb 30% of physics with the scientist or 55% of econimic with the merchant. The other option would be to start a golden age which seems the best idea to me at the moment (depends what loco/innovia are researching)

Have a frigat for next turn to go along with the caravel to be upgraded. We have gold to upgrade 4 at the moment and probably a 5th one by the time we get around to it. Would be nice to set a little trap for piffle if they give us the chance.

Attached Files:

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Starting a GA in my mind is a terrible idea, we don't have enough infra set up to make it worthwhile, we may as well try and sail it to epsilon/innovia so we can run at negative research for awhile.

6. Robi D

Sail it with what? I know a GA isn't good but having it killed on route somewhere is worse. Anyway the decision doesn't have to be made right away. Still waiting to hear back from loco and innovia. Hopefully we can use them to bulb some techs.

7. Robi D

Just checked the gmail. Innovia will have steel next turn so we will have cannons available to us. I told them our situation with the GP's so hopefully we can find a way to use them to bulb a tech part way.

8. Robi D

Second Galleon appears approaching the bay full of redcoats with city raider 3 promotions. Rushed the next caravel in aloha. Used the GM to get a kick start to economics.

Another galleon drops off some redcoats in the jungle. Sent S.M to Innovia and Loco

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Hey sorry for the absence robi, i don't have vanilla back with me yet but if i can get an .exe from somewhere i can run it as i have a pre patch version still i think.

10. Robi D

Thats ok nothing has been happening since loco can't play the save. There has been arguments about patching and what not in the main forum.

11. Robi D

I made this offer to piffle in the main forum to get the game patched.

While we would get nothing for the rduction in ability in 15 turns we would have enough frigates not to worry about it anyway. Also since interest is very low and so are our chances of winning if it helps finish the game sooner then all the better

12. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Robi...hopefully that goes over well. Patch or not I am able to play turns and can spot play if you and NBC need a break. Just give me a heads up.

I have so many dam installs of this game its getting crazy. Rigth now I have one per patch it seems....

13. Robi D

It fine, not like we have had the game going fast even when it was going.

New turn, 209 i think. Forgot to take a screenshot but piffle moved in their flotilla next to hej igen, however the galleon with redcoats has dissapeared so there is only 3 cavs threatening the city.
    Anyway i blocked off the bay with our 2 new frigates so no one will be leaving or coming that way any time soon.

Otherwise the same old boring nothingness. Next turn frigate 3 becomes operational and a caravel gets upgraded

14. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Is Leader friend or foe, we can trade fur against spice; perhaps he is interested.
    here is a picture of the bay.

Attached Files:

15. Robi D

New turn! 1500AD
    The lightening turn per week pace continues:rolleyes:

With a 4 frigates to 2 advantage i took a shot at their flotilla.
    Killed both frigates for the loss of 1 of ours. 4th frigate wasn't able to move since it was upgrade this turn.

Knowing their galleon is dead they will probably dump the cavs somewhere, so i moved units around to cover all landing spots so they will dies next turn too.

Further south 4 galleons spotted bringing in the heavy equipment. The only two options i can see is they land on the spot and run or just run. Either way they can't just do as they please anymore and any attack will require some walking.

@ husch, leader=foe

16. robboo

robboo Chieftain

We have anything to move troops...counter offensive should be on our minds soon.

17. Robi D

Suddenly piffle are willing to talk now that wqe have frigates and some of their units face certain doom.

And my answer

I have no issue with a temporary peace up to 30 turns. We would need at least that long to build any sort of attack force. If their idea is for longer then thats a discussion we need to have.

For the second part it would be simple if they just let us kill them and be done with it. If they want to pay a ransom i was thinking we should ask for about 200 gold in a short term peace deal or 2 settlers for a long term deal.
    Any thoughts?

18. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I for one am not in favor of long term peace... I would love to invade their happy home and burn a few cities. Its very simple, they hurt our chance of winning. I want to make sure they too down have a chance.

19. Love

Love Chieftain

When we now can beat them off, why shall we peace then?

20. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Lets make then pay dearly...

We have some of the best tactical players on this team in BC and Robi. No other duo holds a candle to you two. We are dead in terms of winning now lets have some fun.