1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President Thread term 9

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Correct me if i'm wrong back from some SP games i've played i've noticed that you still keep trade routes with a civ in mercantism, its just that they don't get any

2. Robi D

Ok just had a look at the save, why is our galley still sitting at Epsilons borders, it not doing us any good there. I'll send them a letter asking to move through their waters.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

From memory regarding merch is that we can still have inner civ trade routes but nothing going out or in.

the galleys sitting there because it can't go anywhere else, if epsilon turn it down i'll have to delete it shortly.

4. robboo

robboo Deity

I wouldn't delete it...it could be used in the second wave of attacks or to destroy their fishing boats. At the most its costing us 1gpt.

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

destroy what fishing boats? we're not attacking epsilon so it wouldnt be able to reach piffle.

1gpt can do a lot if you know how to use it :)

6. robboo

robboo Deity

OK my bad I assumed the epsilon piffle border area

7. Robi D

If they turn it down then we might as well close our borders with them.
    Also your right about the trade routes, they fixed that loophole with the 1.61 patch

8. Robi D

On the subject of the GS. He will give us 1680 odd beakers for Education if lightbulbed.

Since we are planning to do chemestry next for grenadiers (unless its changed) we should hold on to him for now.

Also it seems for now epsilon and piffle have skipped ecomonics for now, so there is a GM still available

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Indeed but i've been checking our gmail, nothing from loco in regards to a banking trade, maybe i should just offer them the techs ingame?

HB and compass for banking?

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

1040AD

Guten tag finished lighthouse- started on rax
    Hej, will have finished granary, gonna start it building galleys.

Sent a mace down towards allegra spot.

Aloha finished settler- think we should start building heroic epic there to gain full benefits of the combo, it'll take eight turns.

Piffle and Epsilon both have astronomy now- not sure if i reported that in the last update but i was speaking to theoden about it, he said we would have astronomy within 13 turns, this begs the question is there any point in building more than a couple of galleys and just upgrading them?

We could build some defensive units whilst waiting and then start on a full war footing when we have it?

Everyone's gnp is falling now, so im not as worried about us going under 100, i think its just going to be a temporary thing.
    Here's the cities

and demographics

11. Robi D

That was the offer. You can try i guess. Also on the foreign front piffle weren't able to arrange a chat for this weekend but are looking to make one for this week. Finally epsilon hasn't gotten back to us about the boat, if they haven't by next turn just sail it through, stuff them.

Defences would be wise since epsilon and piffle have astronomy our military isn't exactly huge.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

1050AD-
    Whipped WB in terve, library in konnichi wa and rax in privet.

Settler sent to Allegra, whilst the settler that will be completed in Hello will be sent north to iron city, did we ever decide for definate where to put that mr domestic minister?

I proposed trade with loco- beakers in our favour so not sure if they would go for it but what with our exceptional deal around nationalism i hope they would, on that subject- robi got any idea how long till powder?

also wheres the new edition of the paper?

Demographics

Cities

F2

The Empire

13. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

we agreed that both clams resources must be inside fat cross. There is two possible location either East or South of mountain tile. You can choose :)

I think the idea of upgrading galleys to caravels is a good one.

Are you going to build catapults?

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

galleys to galleons i assume you meant?

I Suppose some will be needed, i'll start hello building them.

After MT and if we can get hold of banking i'll switch too merch, theo and vassalage- unless anyone has any objections?

The only major city we would be drafting in would be the capital but as that is on solid cossak production then i see no point in nationalism.

15. Robi D

I believe most people went with the spot kuningas suggested thats on the hill for the iron city. Any plans on the name, it seems to have been presidents choice so far and the long list still has a lot of open ones :)

16. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Moin :D think this is from Belgium

17. Robi D

Now this i find irritating.

I've opened the new save and Loco have sent Banking for HBR and compass and 60 gold. Now why would they not send a message in the past week ask for that to be the deal so we could know:mad:

Anyway that gripe aside it not unfair to give them 60 gold plus we should keep them happy until they give us gunpowder next turn, then.... well they probably wont be around much longer anyway.

So if you read this before playing the turn simon just take the offer.

Also we can still do MT in 3 turns by dropping research to 90%

18. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

can someone grab this save, im typing at my gf's, my internet has gone down. it should be fixed by tonight but i don't want to take any chances.

there isnt much to do really other than take pictures and hit enter :)

19. Robi D

i'll take it:)

20. Robi D

Turn 166

We have banking from Loco, wecan switch civic after MT is done.
    They should be sending Gunpowder next turn.

Apart from that not much to see.
    Here is the demographics