1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President Thread term 9

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Build cottages. Courthouses we don't need at all.

2. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

How does State Property make courthouses obsolete?

3. robboo

robboo Deity

not obsolete..kills distance penalty.

4. Robi D

Yes but a courthouse still reduces the cost. If you look the current distance maintenance is 15gpt, number of cities maintainance is 30gpt, so State property is a 1/3 reduction, therefore courthouses would still effectively reduce maintainance by a further 1/3. Also expenses have inflation applied to them, income doesn't so you have to factor that into the equation as well

5. robboo

robboo Deity

My own take is to build both courthouses and cottages. We need to increase our GNP or we didnt use our advantage of financial. ALSO a fishing village with nothign but sea based tiles would use our collolus.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ok look at it from a purely non economical point of view, courthouse= 120 hammers, we have ten cities, 9 of which may need them. thats 1080 hammers=27 cats

lets take one city- kia ora, maintenance=4, distance to palace=1, no.cities=3

so a courthouse might reduce that to 2, 1 if we're very lucky but more than likely 2. but if we built a market/grocer for only 30 hammers more that will give us 5gpt extra per turn when running at 0%, as we only do things at 0/100 then that is much more use in a city that is barely a commerce power house as it is. Even with inflation which works out at about an extra 1.alittlebit per city it is a lot more cost effective to build a grocer/market.

I dont understand what the appeal of courthouses are :confused:

rob we cant build a fishing village-our colossus bonus is going to end very shortly when we discover astronomy iirc.

We need to decide whether we are going for war or not, we cannot keep building buildings if we are going to war, it needs to be full on military production- production is going to be hit hard enough with the working of cottages but luckily we have enough trees to chop for the time being.

7. Robi D

I wasn't suggesting all of them, but the outlying cities are costing a lot and that cost will increase as their pop increases. And that cost means less beakers which we desperately need since Innovia decided to go after Loco.

As for the war its an uphill stuggle at the moment because piffle is getting ahead in techs, not to mention our lack of defences.

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Indeed so we need to decide which one we are going to go for- war or space.

Well the same applies for the outlying cities in the whole grocer/courthouse thing.

9. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Space will be hard if Piffle-Epsilon alliance keep working together.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Knocked the slider down to 0% so we can get some gold to run at 100%, also mm'd the capital so it was less commerce but a hell of a lot more production.

only one picture this time :)

11. Robi D

Ok just thinking out aloud. What if we put the war plans on ice for the time being. Currently we are lagging in both techs and military so attacking will be a tough ask.

First we still need to continue with our military builds, because lets face it our military is pathetic at the moment. We have the smallest military yet the 2nd most cities and the 2nd most land, so we are definately spread too thin. If we were attacked on any point right now by even a modest force we would lose 2 or 3 cities.

Secondly we need to improve our finances in anyway possible so we can keep in touch with piffle/epsilon. Also given my talks with killer we should be getting some tech they wont have soon. We can use these to try and put pressure on their alliance with epsilon or vice versa.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I agree, we need to improve diplomatic efforts to try and break up the epsilon/piffle alliance.

13. robboo

robboo Deity

I agree too.

14. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

What about spreading false rumors about them attacking one another? Spread it to the other teams first, then to epsilon/piffle. I'm not sure how much say everyone has with the other teams, but the best way to break up an alliance is to convince them to attack each other.

Of course, that didn't work out too well in WWII for the Germans, so we need to make sure we create distrust or concentrate on pulling together the other teams on our side.

15. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well that was the plan but we never really got around to doing it....

16. robboo

robboo Deity

ok lets figure out our story and implement it... separate thread?

17. Robi D

Having techs to offer them will provide leverage, then we can work on getting them seperated.

18. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ok so i upgraded a warrior in our capital to a spear, we really need to get astronomy and upgrade a galley otherwise the number of catapults will cut whatever we defend to shreds- they have 8 i think.

i believe that second line of ships is aiming for our capital.

i rushed two cossaks- in aloha and hello

moved hello spear to aloha and one of privets lbows down towards it, can't empty hej because that could just as easily be attacked.

Next turn we'll be able to whip at least another cossak and two musketmen, though in all likelyhood only the cossak stands an outside chance of reaching the capital in time.

power graph

i tried to up our gnp rate a bit so if we do get astronomy we can upgrade a galley to perhaps stop one of theirs or maybe two to blockade the capital.

19. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Obviously Aloha and Hej are in the greatest danger. Lets move all troops to two cities, even if it means some cities are left undefended. We can't allow piffle take them by an amphibious landing.

20. Robi D

On a slightly different topic i hope you guys like the story i wrote in the main thread. I tried to give everyone a role :)