1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President Thread term 9

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

yeah, it was very nice :)

2. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Just had a look at the save and the news isn't exactly good.

Piffle has 4 Galleon within a turn of Aloha with 7cats, 4cavs and a mace on board. They also have a Galleon near Allegra with 1 cat and 2 cavs on board.

Even if we scramble everything possible into Aloha we would be relying on a lot of luck to hold it with that amount of firepower.

3. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

I think it's not that bad, remember that Cossacks have 50% vs horse units. Poprush Cossacks everywhere.

4. Robi D

Yes but Aloha can count on 6 units maximum and the 7 cats will do a lot of collateral damage.

Then there is the problem that Hej is only 2 turns away so by next turn they can choose between the 2, and because we can't touch their Galleons they don't have to land.

In that sense Innovia screwed us with their attack on Loco and their extremely slow research rate. Were it not for that we should have had Astronomy some 5 or 6 turns ago. If we had Galleon Piffle would be forced to land troops away from cities or risk getting them sunk with troops on board.

5. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

I agree with galleons we would be saved. But we still can save both cities with a bit luck. Move all troops from north to Hej/Aloha. Amphibious landing is -50% attack rate. So we don't need many Cossacks after all.

Piffle is going to straight to Ciao. Allegra is worthless they think. Should have more defenders in Ciao.

Btw some of our units are without promotions. Promote units asap.

6. Robi D

Agree on the promotions, no reason to keep them back. Ciao will be hard to defend either way.

Really it all comes down to their forces near Aloha/Hej. We hold them and they would have to back off and rebuild their forces for a second strike, buying us time to set a proper defence. They also cop a large serve of WW.
    If they take them we need to start looking for another job.

Also forgot to write it last time Innovia are still 6 turns away from Astronomy:rolleyes:

7. robboo

robboo Deity

Can we do anything diplo-wise to stop them..offer a permanent non-aggression?

8. Robi D

Short of begging or capitulation we already have the ball is in their court now.

I made it clear to Whomp, an attack on a second city means there is no going back so we will know soon enough

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

1130AD-battle for the capital...

Musketmen rushed in terve and hej, cossaks rushed in the capital and guten tag

cossak and musketman to be rushed next turn.

only 6 units availiable in the capital, i dont know how you guys thought we could get 7?-nvm read robis post wrong, everything is promoted except the newly rushed cossak for obvious reasons- all we can do is hope now.

one plus i guess, we have moved from last up to 2nd in power graph in a turn.
    [
    everything else screwed though...

screenshot before i pressed enter.

10. robboo

robboo Deity

The big power jump may be enough to scare them to the bargining table. Robi and BC get to work. Bluffing may help. Remember if the bombard they have to land first. If they land we need to suicide our cats to collatal damage them. Then whip and shift forces to the capital.

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

we only have the one cat....

i doubt they'll be landing, if they do will give us more time to move troops in-though not many more admitedly.

12. robboo

robboo Deity

OK...lets hope for some luck with a marine landing being the deciding factor.

13. Robi D

This is it really. We can't rush too much more but i also doubt Piffle have to much more to throw at us in this attack anyway.

7 cats will do some damage so it will involve a bit of luck.

BC did you get some extra troops down to Hej as well for next turn?

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I've sent troops down, everything from the north west cities the only city with anything left in is privet which has a LB, whether they'll reach in time is another matter.

15. Robi D

Ok cool.

I see Innovia have made peace with Loco from the main forum threads
    About time:rolleyes:

Hopefully it shaves a turn or 2 from Astronomy. Is it worthwhile sheltering the galleys so we can do a quick upgrade?

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

We still have the capital-they didnt attack at all :goodjob:

ill finish playing the turn later.

17. robboo

robboo Deity

WOW...they must be thinking about it. Every turn they delay is a turn closer to being ready to defend. They were capable of getting there or are they in transit. They cant stop now( officially) they would look foolish and every one would know we have some sort of deal.

Lets not contact them at all let them get back to us. No response but us still at war means we should hit some of there stuff if we can.

18. Love

Love Deity

Couldent resist to take a look at the save... Man, action (may) begin next turn! :run:

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

gandhi your quite welcome to look at the save or any other save in the box whenever you feel like :)

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ok well i played the save,

upgraded an axe in hej to a mace, it has 6 units in-

and whipped another cossak in aloha, that hurt our points a bit, they seem to have moved away from ciao so i saw no reason in whipping a musket just yet.

we're now 5th in gnp :( killed a barb archer almost flawlessly near terve-their still about, epsilon also has engineering.