Presidential Thread Term 5: The Chieftess's Tent - Victory is at Hand!!!!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Term 4
Term 3
Term 2
Term 1

President: Chieftess
Vice President: Donsig

We are now entering the final leg in our long journey, which started in 4000 BC. Very few records date back to that era, but what is known is that the capital, Fox Nest, was founded. Stories handed down through the generations tell of old legends of an ancient manifest destiny, to control our continent, Other legends say that is was to control the entire northern part of our continent. An ancient world war, known as the Domino Wars started in the 1st term. We annexed America and Egypt. Term 2 followed with a multitude of trade opportunities, as we discovered new technologies that enabled us to communicate better with other nations. There are old records in Justinian of a hasty defense against Aztec forces. Term 3 saw a second Domino Wars, when Greece built up their forces and tried to invade the Iroquois. The end of the 2nd Domino Wars saw Greece declare war on us, from which they never recovered. During the previous term, we became an industrialized nation, finally completing our rail system and building cities in gaps left by the 2nd Domino War. Term 4 also saw the sacking of PDX, which was recaptured and rebuilt. The Iroquois then started a failed invasion into Asphinxia, and in turn, we took 75% of the Iroquois cities!

This brings us to term 5. We are becoming modernized, and are in the process of expanding our navy and air force. Asphinxia will be the command center for any future wars, should they happen. We currently have 3 space ship components under construction, and look to have a culture victory in 1832AD or earlier.

Congratulations to you again. Not a victory for all of us... :(

But as long as the nation progresses well...that is all that really matters. Congratulations again.

I'm going to put up the polls and discussions on August 3rd, partly because the election threads will have settled down (literally). :) At the earliest, they'll be up tomorrow at 7:00pm (midnight GMT - Saturday).

It stands at 1832AD, that's 26 turns away!

We have 24 turns (estimated) until we get all of the spaceship parts. PDX, Pherris, and probably Fox Nest can build the last part in 5 turns, or earlier with a prebuild.

Cheiftess what polls were you going to put up? I have come up with some ideas:
1. What country should we be
2. What shall we choose as our landmass options for the next map (water%, countinents, etr)
3. What should be our long term goal for winning the game (if any)
4. How many other civs should be encluded
5. Who are the other civs
6. Should we edit the rules and what version of the game should we play with
7. Should we start a new forum (game of democracy II)

I cannot think of any more yet but a will try to come up with some more.

Other things to be considered for Game 2:
Should we use the RPG Standards?
Should the pay I calculated all of us to have be used? (I hope not)
Will the cabinet still be the same
What is to become of our Governors
And finally, to weed out the deadplayers
A new citizen registrstion for II

PS- just my opinon, but we should stick with a sci civ

I think that the current governerns should not have any role given to them in the new game; they must earn it like in the current game. I say this because in my mind it is a completly new game and the old game shold not effect it much (I was Military Deputy for 2 terms but that doesnt mean that I wont go into, say, the science department in the new game of democracy (or GOD as I like to call it).

My favorate choise for the civ would be Germany (cause they are scientific and militaristic) or France (cause Ive never been them before) :)

Culture Victory Update!

Estimated Date is now: 1830AD! :D

Cant wait for the Culture victory :) :goodjob:

We all hate them posts Almightyjosh. [punch]

Cheiftess, is a culture victory still on the cards then; it came second behind space victory in the poll (I think). Still you are the president and second is good enough for me (still though I like the dea of space more than culture). I am happy to go with which one of space and culture that can be completed first (if its culture we wont be able to choose - it doees it automaticaly I think).

Culture isn't something we could easily stop, unless we started destorying cultural improvements, which I doubt anyone would want. We are also close to space sihp, but the governors *must watch their build queues*, or else another high-production city like Thebes, Heliopolis, Khatovar, Pherris will go unchecked, wasting time where they could be building a spaceship part. We already wasted 1 space ship part 3 times over, as our highest productive cities (not on another improvements) had no build queues. :)

Ok, so that turned into a little rant. Anyway, we can try for both on the same turn.

The president can always call for a vote to over-ride a specific city's build queue. This is a valid way to deal with cities with no build queues.

Personally, I would love to sell off those libraries we rushed in our despotic past. They are evil buildings built with the bones of our ancestors.

:D We all have a few skeletons in our closet, Donsig.

Phoenix, Culture Victory won at the polls by 40% of the vote.

Chieftess, I think in light of the poll, we should hold off on the ICP (spaceship) and go for the Cultural Victory. This will not only give us our desired Victory, but will also give our freshman politicians some extra time to learn the ropes. It will be easier here than in the next game.

Top Bottom