President's Office-Future MGL Plans

greekguy

Missed the Boat
With the Roman War on the horizion, there is a good chance we might end up with a Military Great Leader. If we do, we will have to decide how to utilize his talents. We would be able to choose from building an army, a powerful unit which could hold 3 of our most powerful units...OR, we could construct an expensive building, like an university or cathedral, for free in one of our cities. Please discuss Fanatikos, so we can be ready in case this oppurtunity arises.

We're in great shape production-wise, but an Army of 3 Cavalry units would be extremely powerful!

Go Army!

-- Ravensfire

Given a choice between Army and a cheap University, I would have to say Army. Whether we could hold out for a Cavalry Army I'm not so sure, we would probable have a more immediate need for a Knight Army. As soon as this Army has a Victory we can build the Heroic Epic. This Small Wonder I think (trying to remember but not absolutely sure and saying from memory....) that being a military Wonder we would be able to rush it if we got another Military Great Leader. Once we have Military Tradition we would also be able to build (and rush) the Military Academy. But first an Army.... We will not be able to build a second Army until we capture Rome (1 Army for every 4 cities). So in the future will need to be prepared to disband outdated Armies.

TimBentley,

We have Military Tradition already, and the upcoming war with Rome is about siezing the source of Saltpeter we need for Cannon and Cavalry.

-- Ravensfire

Go Army! Go!

Too bad we won't have enough cities to form more than two armies. :(

EDIT - Right now, we can only form one! :eek: Get to capturing Antium!

Army, it should prove to be helpful in the Roman war and we got the units to fill it up.

Top Bottom