President's office- Term 1

ybbor

Will not change his avata
For discussion of carrying out the decisions of other leaders, workers, city management, and powers and responsibilities not specified to other leaders.

Here's our starting Position: team-aloha-start.jpg

Immediate matters to discuss:
  • where the scout goes
  • what to build first

I propose the scout go first south to the rice, and then SW to the hills I also propose we first build a worker (remember, unlike civ3 it's not as convenient to switch production)

another idea, is to send the scout north west then north to make sure there isnt another resource we can grab instead of the pigs, as we know right now the resources we will have in our city radius if we settle where we are we and also pretty much know what if we move one space south.

I think we should build a warrior until we hit size 2 and then change over to a worker, that way production on the warrior is still saved.

just to double check ybbor you've got the patch dont you?

BCLG100 said:
just to double check ybbor you've got the patch dont you?

:mischief: hehe, oh yeah. I was staying back while playing the GOTM, thank you for the reminder :blush:

For the exploration part of the question i would check out how big our penisular is by going south first. After that i would head out east.

Head north adn east..let the first warrior built explore our peninsula..You save a bunch of turns and get a quick exploration going.

we should go north and check there isnt something valuable were missing before we settle. plus their are mountains to the south, as robboo said this would cut down the benefeits of the scout so we shouldnt go south.

When we go North...we should hug the coast. You see that little peice of land right off the coast..it could be connected to our "continent" if it is then we have a nice little horseshoe shaped bay that we should settle and protect and the Fiancaial benefits of the coastal water really come into play.

also the cultural borders will expand and might show us everythig we need to see further south before we can even build a warrior.

okay. I'll move to the plains going NW and then NE

(remember, because of the way the map is set up will reveal an average of two more tiles when we go diagonal (i.e. NW, SE) as opposed to vertical (N,S) or horizontal(E,W))

Mr. President

The ruleset has been approved. I expect the game to start at any time. Let me know if you wont be able to play the turn.

Turn: 2
Year: 3920 BC

Headlines:
Cows discovered! Pail prices rise as citizens anticipate milk

Spoiler unit moves :

move scout N-NE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 0 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 10/81 beakers in agriculture - due in 8 turns

Spoiler city builds :
city-building (turns to completion according to game)

Aloha-warrior 14

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

current ground deployment: 1
1 scout

Spoiler military locations :

ground forces:
Scout: close NE hill

turn2.jpg

this familiar? I didn't steal it from anybody :mischief: and besides, even if I did, you can't prove anything!

Hey ybbor you want discussion here or in a new thread.

I see water 1 tile North and 1 NE, I also see water to our East of the scout. Definitely interesting land....

Where are you planning on heading with the scout?

discussion here.

I'm torn between the hills. on one hand, the N-NE hill is the most efficient and probably takes us more toward the "center" of the map (equator=drier terrain, and in terms of dryness, plains>grassland). It's also the most "efficient" since we don't re-cover land we've already seen. On the other hand, the SE-SE hill is probably surrounded by land (compared to the N hill, which is probably surrounded by more water). It's also more productive land, and if the first priority of early exploration is to find the site for the 2nd city, I'd say that the cow hill is our best bet

right now I'm leaning to the cow. what do you think?

I think that hill south of the cow. I see the cow being in our fat cross of our next city. We could swing the scout SE or SW from there. Just keep jumping hill to hill till we run out of room.

I got a feeling we are on a "snakey continent" type map. Maybe a flipped axis too--Siran has stated in one of his succesion games he likes that map type. There just doesnt seem to be much land around. I see all sorts of signs of water. We might be on a continent that can only hold 4 to 8 cities. If we keep seeing water we need to start on sea techs.

I will be around all weekend and check in every 6 hours or so to make sure we dont get a save. I got your back if you dont make it in time. :)

that too...However my archie are seem much smaller land bodies than this hence snakey continents

I was thinking the same thing about a flipped axis. it maxes since, to try to challange our preconceptions of exploration.

Note however with flipped axis the terrain is correspondingly flipped, so desert is in the center and tundra toward the E and W.

I don't thnik we got arpechgio. they just aren't fun to play in terms of multiplayer, and would draw the game out really long, something we don't want in a PBEM. My money's on a particularly watery lakes map.

Turn: 3
Year: 3880 BC

Headlines:
Native tribes discovered, scouts question on whether to send advance party

Spoiler unit moves :

move scout SE-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 0 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 19/81 beakers in agriculture - due in 7 turns

Spoiler city builds :
city-building (turns to completion according to game)

Aloha-warrior 13

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

current ground deployment: 1
1 scout

Spoiler military locations :

ground forces:
Scout: close NE hill

turn3.jpg

oooo a tribe, what are we hoping for most? id prefer a settler the most, slimest chances in the world of it happening but would be nice to have our second city up early :)

Top Bottom