1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President's Thread Term 10

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by Memphus, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Just finished :) It was a long turn. I ran some simulations for battles over two turns, to have any chance we needed to kill 1-2 units this turn :) in any event we lsot 1 cannon but killed 3 of thier units :)

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So the update will come in a bit it will take a long time to write :(, i even made a mistake in the turn but it worked out for the best (a misclick wit ha cavalry...killed a Rifle in thier Capital with ~25% odds :eek: )

Anyways How does switching to free speech next turn sound if we can capture thier capital?? (after :deal: of course)

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I think that sounds like a good deal.

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So well we could switch next turn but alot of our cities have barracks. So all those barracks = +2 :)...if we switch we lsoe that. By my quick look at the save alot of cities will become :mad: for a couple of turns, until the "hell no we won't go" disapears.

Any other thoughts on this?

On Thought it if we capture the capital and Pensylvania, we offer Loco a Cease Fire, and in the time it takes us to march to Bombay the :mad: will be gone??

5. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

You can only draft 1 unit per city. ;) Plus another 1 pop-rushed. So the odds weren't quite as bad as you thought.

The +2:) barracks shouldn't be an issue, we can afford to use the culture slider with the extra :commerce: free speech gives. Or just ignore the :mad:.

I don't think Loco will accept a ceasefire, unless it involves destroying our reputation if we ever attack them again.

6. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I agree with switching to Free Speech after drafting a Rifle in Loco's Capital.

I'd vote to not bother with a ceasefire. Can't imagine they'd go for it... let's just press on and get the kill over with. :)

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I have some suggestions for names of the various water bodies. I would call the ocean between us and Innovia as Sirian Ocean. The waters to the north of us, I would call them Arctic Ocean. The ocean that is in the south, The Southern Ocean, that is between Dune and Piffle lands. I would call the waters between the former Loco lands being called Crazy Sea. Between us and Aloha, they can be called, Welcoming Waters. Between Pifle and Aloha, you could call it the English Sea. The are between Loco, Piffle and Innovia we can call it the Indian Ocean.

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I like those names, C_H :)

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Hey Memphus - I didn't see any screenshots in the gmail. Maybe you forgot to attach them? :)

10. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I didn't take any this turn :(

sorry ill get mroe for next time.

11. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

No worries - there was a line in the turn update that made me think you had posted some. :)

Luckily, I'm able to open the save, so I'm not wholly dependent on screenies :D

12. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

& is the only way to get & into the text. :)

13. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Can you send some units to explore the south coast of Loco?

14. Memphus

Memphus Deity

On land or at sea?

15. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I was mainly thinking land.

16. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

That's fortunate, otherwise it would have been razed. ;)

17. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Oh yeah that's right! I completly forgot :|

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Wow - that was a HUGE update Memphus! Thanks for all the work you been doing :bowdown:

Being Turnplayer (and Invisible Hand of The Leader) probably seems a thankless task, but I really appreciate all the time you've committed to this. If I ever work out the kinks of a post bts 1.74 installation on a mac, I'll offer to relieve you if you need a break.

But until then, Keep up the Great Work! :cheers:

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Thank you :)!! The more informed the team is of the big picture, the better we can crush the world :evil:

20. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

@ Memphus: I just read your post in the turn-update thread about how long it takes you to complete the updates. I’m thinking that’s really WAY too much to ask of you.

I think we could probably trim a lot of that reporting out, saving you a ton of time, and not really lose anything critical.

Maybe DaveMcW needs to speak up here on what info he needs to keep offering his insight, but I’m guessing he looks at the save frequently anyway.

Personally – I don’t think we need to see all the worker actions or any of the updates on units that didn’t do anything except sit there.

Don’t get me wrong – your updates are wonderful and to be highly commended – but now that we can all open the save again – I think you can easily leave out the tiny details, and just update us on what our cities are building, what military units you moved, and any international noteworthy event. Those three things and a screenshot or two would be plenty for anyone casually following along. Anyone that wants super detail can just open the save.

Just an idea to save you some time!
    Thanks for the great work. :hatsoff: