1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

President's Thread term 8

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by Memphus, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Go Crazy and Ask Away!

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Can you make the decision fo the next turn, if we get the save before Saturday? By then I will be caught up on the needs for the Domestic ministry.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Now that the game is really ratcheting up, I think it would be helpful if a save were made available that is taken from the end of the turn, just before pressing enter. That way, I (or General_W, or Classical_Hero, or anyone else) can open the save, with no worries about units; yet still be able to make adjustments, check build queues, etc. This save could be uploaded as a draft to the team's gmail. That would also make it a simple matter to go back an check data from an earlier turn - as they will be 'archived' in our draft folder!

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Great Idea!!!! (but will it work? as in will the game allow it?)

With that I would like to cut down on my update. This last turn took me 2 hours to play / post about it.

If I load this save each Minister could post in thier thread Screenshots and what not for what they feel is important.

This way I woun't have to remember everything.

That being said in the intrest of timely movement of the save, I still believe all units should be moved, actions taken, then save a copy of the turn (i.e. right before hitting enter), but then hit enter and send the turn along. Otherwise we will extend our play time quite significantly.

But this will still allow all players to open it and see what was done (as well as changed build queues etc, to understand timings)

5. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

The game will allow it - it's the same as saving the game in the middle of playing a turn, so that you can answer the phone or something.

Yeah, we don't want the save to become so burdensome that it takes too much personal time.

Still, it was a very busy turn ;)

6. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

Yes, please.

7. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

:agree: not only is it easier for the more casual member of our team, but it's also great for record keeping.

At some point, I'm going to want to make a video history of our team, and the more screenshots I have easy access too... the better :)

(Note: at least for me, pictures of the internal workings of our cities isn't really needed... but ClassicalHero and DaveMcW may disagree with that)

8. General_W

Couple quick notes Mr. President:
    1) The save you uploaded to our account looks like you already pressed enter. Not a big deal, but if the turn is over, I can’t open the diplomacy windows to check on cities, gold, and technologies (unless they’re ones we don’t have).

2) Looks like Loco offered us Open Borders. I assume you declined?

9. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Sorry I used my max images in the SoE thread :lol: .

In any event. I feel really bad "disobeying" orders, but nothing official is being put up... So as of right now I am taking them as work in progress orders...:sad:

Thoughts Ideas? Suggestions?

If anyone wants more explanation on any of the points please let me know.
    (Or if you jsut disagree with any moves / thoughts also express them :) )

10. General_W

Classical Hero asked for this elsewhere, but as Settlement is in the President's department, I'm answering here.

I made a full update to our settlement map, with updated names and all.

Only point of controversy is the location of Sanctuary West. I left it in position of my original proposal, though Memphus has proposed moving it 1 tile North.
    It’s his department, but I think going 1 north is a mistake for 2 reasons.
    1) We lose quick access to the Incense and the extra happy it will generate.
    2) We go from 1 unusable tile (ocean) and 3 plains hills, up to 4 unusable tiles (3 ocean, 1 desert) and down to only 2 plains hills.

Moving North does gain us access to clams and an extra grassland forest. So I see the appeal, but it doesn’t seem worth it to me.
    However, as noted – it’s up to the president. Hope my map helps!
    :salute:

Spoiler New Map :

As for settlement order… I’m no longer sure, except I think Overlook Bay is a priority.

11. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Yeah, I was just trowing out ideas for the sanctuary.

I would like to add one more city to that map. The desert Tile to the East. (North East of Overlook Bay)
    (access to Fish & Whales & a whole bunch of forests)

Order is Potentially:

1. overlook bay
    2. Argyle's watch
    3. Scion City
    4. Western Sanctuary
    5. Unnamed city proposed above.

12. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

If you want quick access to the Incense, build WS on top of it. :)

13. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

If we build Western Sanctuary on top of the Incense, there is room for another city to the North, that could gain access to clams.

I don't know if that's a good idea or not, I'm just throwing it out there :)

I agree that Overlook Bay should be a priority.

From a Defense point of view, I'm concerned about the vast forests in our southeast - between Overlook Bay and Sunrise Citadel. That's a tough place to extract an enemy from - slow moving, +50% defense. Does it make sense to plop another town down near the Gems on that spit of land?

14. classical_hero

I would prefer that we go to the Better Sanctuary spot sine it is better for growth. I would also go for a city between Sunrise Citadel and Sunset Fortress, since that would be for claiming another Gem for trading and another source of Banana inside city boundary.

15. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I don't think a city can work both the gems and the bananas. Bananas aren't that great to work, in any case. They're certainly better than nothing, but they aren't nearly as great for a city to work as Gems.

16. classical_hero

17. Memphus

Memphus Deity

This is in Response to Found in the State of the Empire thread which is out of place:

I did not post the save before pressing enter this turn.

I forgot :sad:

As is the turn to play it, and do the update roughly takes 2 hours. Now don't me wrong I enjoy it, but I can't remeber it all every time.

The save prior to moving anything is always available for you in the inbox. If you would like to check build queue's and up comming options you can still do so. :)

Going forward I will try make a more diligent effort to post it.

18. classical_hero

No problem. Just make mention that you forgot, because I saw nothing in the mailbox and in the thread, which i why I asked.

19. General_W

Hey, as long as we're picking on you ;) … I think you're 1 turn off in your turn counting in the SotE.
    Turn 148 got double counted.
    800 AD should be turn 150.

Tiny issue – but our update titles are no longer synchronized. Throwing off our team Feng Shui. :faint:

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Just pointing out that a city on a hill (Overlook Bay) does not count as part of an irrigation chain.