Press Secretary Sean Spicer Falsely Accuses Iran of Attacking U.S. Navy Vessel, an Act of War

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
Not sure if Fox News is stupid or just up to their usual tricks
I have a feeling that the US is looking for a fight in order to flex its muscles on the world stage as a demonstration of the Trumps administrations new more aggressive US policy. And Iran would make an ideal enemy has Oil

I dont think the US public has any appetite for another Middle Eastern ground war. A war waged by air and navy power with minimal casualties could be carried out

Press Secretary Sean Spicer Falsely Accuses Iran of Attacking U.S. Navy Vessel, an Act of War

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer asserted at Thursday’s press briefing that Iran had attacked a U.S. naval vessel, as part of his argument defending the administration’s bellicose announcement that Iran is “on notice.”

National Security Adviser Michael Flynn on Wednesday said he was “officially putting Iran on notice” following the country’s ballistic missile test and an attack on a Saudi naval vessel by Houthi rebels in Yemen (the Houthis are tenuously aligned with Iran’s government but are distinct from it).

The White House press corps wanted to know what being put “on notice” entailed, and Spicer responded by claiming that Iran’s government took actions against a U.S. naval vessel, which would be an act of war. “I think General Flynn was really clear yesterday that Iran has violated the Joint Resolution, that Iran’s additional hostile actions that it took against our Navy vessel are ones that we are very clear are not going to sit by and take,” he said. “I think that we will have further updates for you on those additional actions.”

Major Garrett of CBS News quietly corrected him, saying “a Saudi vessel,” and Spicer then responded almost inaudibly: “Sorry, thank you, yes a Saudi vessel. Yes, that’s right.” He did not in any way address his false claim that it was an Iranian attack, however.

Pentagon spokesman Christopher Sherwood confirmed to The Intercept that the attack was in fact conducted against a Saudi warship, and that the Pentagon suspects Houthi rebels. “It was a Saudi ship – it was actually a frigate” said Sherwood. “It was [conducted by] suspected Houthi rebels off the coast of Yemen.”

Fox News initially misreported that a U.S. ship was somehow the target — which is perhaps where some of the confusion in the White House originated

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/02...n-of-attacking-u-s-navy-vessel-an-act-of-war/

Last edited:
So, 'alternative facts'. I'm sure Mr Trump will have 'constructive talks' with Iran. He's great at that.

So Trump is using FOX for intellegence etc instead of the DoD, CIA etc.

Does Trump care that Spicer operates with no grounding in reality? No.
Does Trump care that Spicer has very quickly become a totally ignored "fountain of lies" that is only listened to by people who want to see just how far down Trump's rabbit hole the guy has fallen? No.
Does Trump care that Spicer was brutally lampooned for the circular logic breakdowns in his various attempts to defend Trump? No.

Trump's big concern is that in the lampooning Spicer was portrayed by a woman and that obviously makes him look weak. After all, Melissa McCarthy clearly comes from the "weaker sex," right? Even though I would give ten to one odds that she would whip Dingbat Don in a fistfight.

Top Bottom