Pretty much the saddest thing ever

The saddest thing ever is finding your bike after it was stolen 8 months ago and having your newer bike stolen the same day.

The saddest thing ever is finding your bike after it was stolen 8 months ago and having your newer bike stolen the same day.

Thats not sad, thats just luck, both good (for finding the old bike) and bad (for getting the new one stolen).

Punishment should only be reserved for crimes that have malice or any intention of ill will. The parents did not abandon the child and leave it to die they were simply unfit parents. In the article it said that the parents took 12 hour shifts to care for their child so they were caring for their child in some capacity. The child died of Mal nutrition not starvation, which suggest that the child was feed, but he was not feed properly.

I would not leave my child in the care of someone whom I judged to be irresponsible or unfit to provide care. If this person did something negligent to cause harm to my child then I would seek reparations from this person.

They may have been careless with their child, which is child neglect. The only cure for this problem is to take away their children and to keep them from making more.

I'm sorry, but a few years in jail will not keep them from having more kids, nor will it grantee they will come out as better citizens.

Imprisonment may intend to rehabilitate or "punish People", but that is propaganda meant to justify keeping people locked up. The only benefit from imprisonment is keeping criminals from committing more crimes.

Wicshade, you may think this makes you sounds like an insightful philosopher, but it just makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about but want to sound clever and/or controversial.

Wicshade, you may think this makes you sounds like an insightful philosopher, but it just makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about but want to sound clever and/or controversial.

you may be right there, I am not writing to convince or impress other people ( perhaps I may be trying to convince and impress mysefl). I would never argue that they were good parents only that they should not be parents. I don't find it justifiable for a government to punish people for being unfit parents, they should only keep them from doing more harm. I do think that all my points were valid and reasonable. Perhaps I should leave it at that.

Its not that I am trying to sound clever or make others sound stupid. I just have to construct my thoughts like a pompous ass. Though I will take your words of advice and do my best to be a little less pompous, but I will always be an ass.

They should plead they were just having a very, very, very late term abortion.

I refuse to believe that people can be that callous. They may have heard their baby crying, but they may not have related that to a physical need for nutrition. It would seem that they were so encapsulated in their virtual bubble that they lost touch with reality and the realistic needs of their baby. Clearly logic is not something that was apparent to them. This, to me, seems like an inability to distinguish between their priorities. I find it extremely hard to believe that they could've allowed this to happen had they known, or understand, the full implications of their actions.

yeah wow I can't believe you said that.

is black, white in ur world?

Why do you make up excuses for people who are responsible for the death of there own children?

How many people are people are sitting at their computer now when babies are starving to death in Africa. I guess since they are not your kids and they are far away it's OK for them to die. If a starving African baby was dieing in the next room would you do something? How about if your kid was starving on another continent would you do something? If a hundred thousands babies starve from malnutrition in Africa this year and you could have saved a couple by canceling your internet service (or something similar) and sending them food would you do it?

Some people just shouldn't have kids. :sad:

More living proof that Korea is becoming like Japan. Yeah, this is probably the saddest thing ever; your thread title is spot on.

Certainly sad. I would hope that the internet cafe that they apparently had 12 hour stretches in continuously would face some sort of prosecution for criminal negligence. If that is possible to bring against them.

NO.

Stop trying to pin the blame on everyone but the parents.

Here in Ontario, if someone goes drinking at a bar, and ends up causing an accident due to drinking and driving, guess whose fault it is. Everyone but the person who drove drunk! The establishment that served them is going to get sued, and so will every server who served them a drink. Note: this is absolutely ******ed.

Granted, I am using hyperbole in that the driver still has responsibility, but the fact that those who served him or her are also responsible is no less ******ed.

Likewise in this scenario, the Internet cafe is not a babysitting service. They provide the "Internet" service to customers, with no provisos of taking care of the customers, customers' children, or customers' other relatives.

you may be right there, I am not writing to convince or impress other people ( perhaps I may be trying to convince and impress mysefl). I would never argue that they were good parents only that they should not be parents. I don't find it justifiable for a government to punish people for being unfit parents, they should only keep them from doing more harm. I do think that all my points were valid and reasonable. Perhaps I should leave it at that.

Its not that I am trying to sound clever or make others sound stupid. I just have to construct my thoughts like a pompous ass. Though I will take your words of advice and do my best to be a little less pompous, but I will always be an ass.

So you argue that if a person acts to harm a child they commit a crime, but if by omission they allow a child under their duty of care to come to harm they have not committed a crime?

How far would you go with this? A teacher just cannot be bothered with the kids on a field trip to the moors in midwinter and takes the minibus a goes home. The kids all freeze to death. Do you really believe a teaching ban is all they should receive?

This is the saddest thing ever, who's gonna raise Anima while they're in jail?:rolleyes:

That is certainly sad, what happens to the cyber baby now?

Punishment should only be reserved for crimes that have malice or any intention of ill will.

so drunk drivers that kill innocent bystanders shouldn't be punished because they usually didn't have any ill will towards them? :confused:

we should and do punish people who act without care for the live of others, ill intentioned or not.

I propose following rehabilitation/punishment:
Put them into cell with internet connection. Should they use it, stop feeding them and continue only after 72 hours has passed since the time they turned off the computer.
Maybe that will help them get their priorities straight.

...Yes. This punishment would work quite nicely.

But then human rights groups will :cry: about how two wrongs don't make a right, and how we should just give everyone some free stuff rather than actually punish them for what they did. (And no... I don't think imprisonment alone qualifies as punishment for more severe crimes)

"You just murdered someone! We'll restrict your freedom of movement a bit, but we'll give you free food, a free bed, and take care of all your basic needs with no cost to you besides the ability to leave whenever you please! :D"

Justice... pfft. I demand they be given some amount of suffering proportional to what they inflicted upon someone else. I'm sure there's a way to cheaply do it, too. Restricting food is a VERY cost-effective way to punish, since you reduce your expenses! Or at least, they be worked like the dogs they are in back-breaking labor.

/rant

Anywho, on topic... sad stuff. I think it's very sad how the internet can be so addicting to the point people will die because of it. It's like a damned drug!

Fortunately, only a handfull of people are actually crazy enough to cause death from it... a person dying because they forgot to eat/use the bathroom playing WoW?! A person who murdered their parents for taking away WoW?! Now this?!

I think a study needs to be made on just what is it about the internet that sucks people into a trap of irresponsibility and even death, be it of yourself or others.

Top Bottom