1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Preturn Information

Discussion in 'Team Cavaleiros' started by oyzar, Dec 3, 2008.

1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

I logged into the game, looks like sulla didn't clear the units. I took some screenshots so we can look what is around us. Where to move the warrior? I am thinking NE.

Attached Files:

2. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

I concur. I just logged in to see if it was working myself. Does it look to you as though there are mountains directly north of us? The clock said 18 hours left on another civ's timer so we have all kinds of time.

3. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I took the liberty of logging in and to take some picture with near horizontal flying camera. And I must say that when Sullla said that the map was interesting he wasn't deceiving us ;)

The full collection of pictures I took is in here, but I'll let in here some more eye catching:
    Spoiler :

Basically a ring of mountains to the north sector and ocean to the south, with no nearby islands. There seem to be openings in the mountain ring in the east and directly to the north of us.

Anyway, most of the details are far more seeable in game... just use flying camera and put it the more horizontal and far away you can, in a way that possible obstacles are between you and the enlightenend area. I think eveyone should try it, because most of the fine details are dificult to catch in the screenshots and like that everyone would be with a far better idea of the surroundings

Interesting map indeed. I would even bet that every team has a "capsule" like this ;)

4. PurpleTurtle

That is interesting. I thought most of what Sulla changed was balance related and not this in depth.

5. oyzar

He said in the map generation thread he would make a complete costum map...

6. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

Very interesting, thanks a lot for the information rolo! :thumbsup:

PurpleTurtle: We're up!!!

7. PurpleTurtle

Here is the result of the NE warrior move.

8. PurpleTurtle

Here are the demographics from the first turn before we ended our turn.

9. PurpleTurtle

Here are the game settings.

10. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Hey all, I just tested the log-in after PurpleTurtle left; nothing new; looking like we won't get another turn for a while cause we're still waiting on team 1, so see you tomorrow.

11. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Hi,

It seems I missed the first turn :( ...
    Shoudn't someone open a thread for the Conselheiro das Forças Armadas to discuss exploration with our warrior (Earthling)?
    I hope there are some food resources in the north because that's a lot of hills!

Cheers

12. oyzar

Someone also needs to open the espionage thread to determine various demographics about our opponents. For example we know that the other team is making 18-18-18 18-17-18 18-17-17 or 18-18-16 gnp. 16 is min gnp and 18 is the gnp of the willem team(which we know is researching one of wheel/mining/myst/hunting, and isn't working any extra commerce). We know that team 1/2/3 have 6K/6K/7K land area. We also know one of them is making 5 production and they are making between 8 and 11 crop yeild and 8 and 11 mfg. Since one team is 5 CY and you have minimum 2 CY this means somewhere between 9 and 11. It also means the team who doesn't have 5 crop yeild or 2(the one on the plains hill working a plains hill forest), have between 2 and 4 crop yeild. If we take this further we also know they are working at least 2 hammers, but could really be anything(2f1h, 1f2h, 3h), at least there aren't 2 opponents working a 3 food tile. There could of course also be several teams on a 2 prod city center, but that is rather hard to find out now. We know that the map is rather big(about the size of two standard pangeas). This means at least 15 cities per team(more like 20), though probably there is some sort of new world component. Of course those cities doesn't have to be divided evenly(unless there is some sort of natural block point) meaning with good rex we should be able to claim more than our share of them. Also with a new world component our UU might come into play. The life expectancy should be analyzed to determine the various health caps. 65*4/3=86.666 meaning likely two teams at the 88 level(that is max right) and one team below that.

13. oyzar

Where are we going to move the warrior next? NE E or N? I am thinking NE to then loop around the mountains north of us.

14. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Sounds good to me NE then loop...

15. oyzar

260/4=65 264/4=66. This means that life expectancy is somewhere between 260 and 263. Hence 88+88+87 88+87+87 88+87+85 88+88+85 are all possbilities for life expectancy Or 8,8,7 8,7,7 8,7,6 8,8,6 health cap. 8/1 = 88 7/1 = 87 6/1 = 85 5/1 = 83 for the record.

16. PurpleTurtle

NE then loop works for me as well, we may miss a resource in the water, but if there is something on the land worth building for we may make it coastal anyway. It seems more important to know what resources are on land anyway though.

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

If you want to check seefood, go E ,then loop. But tiles on coast will be revealed anyways if there isn't forest two east of the warrior by going north

18. oyzar

Well it is on a hill so we would see what is along the coast anyways(and we could always move SE if we wanted to explore further along the coast). I think it is better to see what is around those mountains to the north though. Rolo, any way to tell how big that mountain range to the north is?

19. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Not more than 6 tiles away.

20. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Yay, it's up and running!

Thanks for the prod, oyzar; I'll get an "espionage" thread up tomorrow. Today is a little :wallbash: around here. PT, if you could keep the screenshots coming with each turn, that'd be great.