Preview of Dino Unit #2 - Plesio-Powered Transport

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
*** UNIT FINISHED - SEE LINK IN SIGNATURE ***

This Plesio-Powered Transport unit is a complement to the Dinosaur Rider unit. It is called Plesio-Powered because it is pulled along by four plesiosaurus dinosaurs.

This image will show the current status of the unit and will be updated to show improvements as I work on it.

MAY 20, 2002 - FIRST ROUGH SKETCH CREATED
MAY 20, 2002 - 3D MODEL CREATED. PREVIEWS POSTED.
MAY 21, 2002 - ADDED SOME YELLOW AND BROWN COLORING
MAY 21, 2002 - FIRST IN-GAME PREVIEW POSTED
MAY 22, 2002 - RUN ANIMATION COMPLETED
MAY 22, 2002 - UNIT HAS BEEN ENLARGED SLIGHTLY
MAY 22, 2002 - FLAG HAS BEEN ENLARGED TO SHOW CIV COLOR MORE VISIBLY
JUN 06, 2002 - UNIT HAS BEEN COMPLETED
JUN 06, 2002 - UNABLE TO POST DUE TO LACK OF INTERNET SERVICE
JUN 14, 2002 - UNIT POSTED (SEE LINK IN SIGNATURE)

i went right to work on it.
I tried doing it with four plesios but it just looked too cluttered so i took it down to two.

Here are some previews of what i have now:

here is the boat:

the color is wrong it should be more brown yellow light green.
a mixture
but again it looks great good work!:goodjob:

Originally posted by philippe
the color is wrong it should be more brown yellow light green.
a mixture
but again it looks great good work!:goodjob:

ok. i will make some changes to the skin colors and post them soon.

What do ya'll think of the boat itself? Do you think it looks ok? should i make just the back part covered or leave it? I was thinking it looked kinda strange. maybe it's just me.

wow, i just love your units pesoloco

Originally posted by coolcosh
wow, i just love your units pesoloco

thanks. :)
i hope to finish this one soon and with guys like you cheering me on it makes it much more rewarding.

Great Unit... just a few questions. What 3d program do you use? and I noticed the terrain seems different... What mod are you using?

I think the boat looks fine. It's different from a normal boat, as it should be since it's pulled by two dinosaurs:)

hello, kinboat. :)
i am using MicroGrafix Simply 3d 2.0.
It's not the best (I like 3D studio Max but alas do not have the $$ to buy it) but it gets the job done.

I'm glad there is so much interest in these dinosaur units and I thank your all for your compliments and support. These units are fun to make. Last night I finished the first version of the run animation. It still needs a little tweaking though, but nothing major. I can't decide what to do for the death animation. I know the ship should sink, but what should the dinosaurs do? Swim away? Go into spasms and die (and sink?) ? I can't decide.

I may not be online for a few days as I am moving again, but do not fear. My computer will still be running and the dinosaur units will still be in progress.

The terrain is different. It is from the Snoopy Terrain mod pack available in the Graphics Modpacks section of the Completed Modpacks Section of the Creation and Customization forum.

i think that the neck should bleed and that they slowly sink into the ocean.
or that they just lay their neck down and die

Maybe have one of them get hit in the neck and sink, or get pulled down with the boat... and have the other swim away (free to fight another day :) )

I'm back online for a day.
Just long enuff to check in. I like the ideas for the death animation. I think the sticking its neck out and sinking seems the most appropriate. I will still consider having one swim away - I'll try it and see how it looks.

I have tried having the two swim away together - swimming down deeper and deeper (shrinking) and finally disappearing?
Does that sound good?

I have the default and run animations completed.
I am thinking of using the same arrows from the galley's attack for the attack animation

so how its going now with the plesio?
and about the arrows i had more the idea like spears
and if you use arrows the galley arrows should be just fine.
and also this is off topic:i had a idea for a new unit
a kind of flying reptile with a man on it.
if you like the idea post it

Originally posted by philippe
so how its going now with the plesio?
and about the arrows i had more the idea like spears
and if you use arrows the galley arrows should be just fine.
and also this is off topic:i had a idea for a new unit
a kind of flying reptile with a man on it.
if you like the idea post it

I will soon be getting internet again, (now im at the library so i cant post my files :( )
The plesio boat is just about finished actually. I think I will just stay with the arrows (a little easier to handle)
The hardest thing is the death animation, but it is coming along.

I like your idea. I was thinking along the same lines for the next dino unit. The first was land, this one is water, and the next would be an air unit. I was thinking a pterydactyl (spelling?) with a guy on his back and what do you think of this? Instead of dropping bombs it would drop big eggs that would splat on the ground or enemy?

Top Bottom