Preview on IGN

Hi!

Good find, SirOsis!!! :)

I like the plagues, but the best news I got out of it, is this;

"Message toggles let you omit the repeated disorder and "we love the king day" messages that tend to slow down your turns towards the end of the game."

Awesome!!! 31 civ games, here I come. YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Edit: something else that looks cool is the marshes terain costing 2 moves. Hopefully in the editor, we can give this to mountains also, maybe costing 3 moves. :D

And what about the Zeus thing, it appears to me that it's just a SUn TZU academy. :(

but then again, is China is the middle east?

"Sending wave after wave of fighters to sink an enemy ship is a big part of what makes this scenario so unique."

Like the famous American fighter attacks on the Japanese carriers during the Battle of Midway? :)

I knew I'd buy C3C, but had pretty much decided to wait until the price came down a few bucks after Christmas. Based on this and other recent reviews, though, I think I'll just go ahead and place my order now.

I hope the permanent removal of resources via bombarding is in the main game too. That'd be cool, but it would stink if you destroyed every oil resource!

Is the seafaring trait gonna be in the main game or just a scenario? Either way it sounds interesting, and maybe that means Portugal will be included.

Well, if it isn't, I'll mod it in for me.

Can't wait. I've always looked forward to this expansion. Now I'm starting to get a wee bit excited about it.

I'm a little dubious about this Daimyo in the Japanese scenario. Who wants to risk their 'king' unit in battle in any situation other than complete desperation? I can just see the howls of complaint now, "my 12/12 Daimyo was killed by a spearman!"

-Sirp.

Very Nice!!

Looks like this expansion will be the best in a long line of mostly worthless expansions to great triligy. I especially like the Pearl Harbor conquest. And feudal Japan, what could be better then stealth ninjas!!??

Now all they need is a release date:rolleyes:

English will now be Commercial and Seafaring - good deal. I wonder how those named tile resources will work? It would be nice to mod a world map with some custom noteworthy resources - the Baku Oilfields, for example.

Good preview
Just a few comments, looks like each era's tech tree is going to be more defined like Wood working and the units too, feathers needed to build some Arrow units

"Submarines, as stealth attack units, can target any particular unit within an enemy stack."

the Temple of Zeus, which adds a free barracks in every city, yeah like Art of War but if Temple of Zeus is in the normal game, would it become obsolete after some time? Or is Art of War going to give you something else?
Over all it's looking more interesting the more they let out about it, first it just seemed like a pumped up and fixed PTW from what I read before, but I think that there is going to be plenty of solo play to give you that 2 month's of game play to complete a game and more options with the editor since the scenarios had to have been created some how yeah? Locked Alliances, Ohhhyeaah

Yes, another positive preview.:goodjob:

I now have no doubt whatsoever that I shall buy this expansion, but I do have two concerns that I have not yet read about,-

1.Improvements to enrich the multiplay experience, (at least restore it to be as good as single player).

2.How will the A.I. deal with all these new features? I would be happy to read confirmation that Soren is working on this expansion pack, if he is not, I wonder how well the AI will deal with the new features.

Nevertheless, good stuff!

If the English are Seafaring and Commercial, then what will they make the Dutch? I think England is a prime example of an expansionist nation and should be Seafaring and Expansionist, then make Holland Seafaring and Commercial.

Let them both be commercial/seafaring.;) England and Holland were somewhat similar rivals in the 17th century.

I just had a thought. . . .the Internet in PTW is considered to be an easy way to get a cultural/domination win. I wonder how unbalancing it will be to have the Temple of Zeus put a Temple free of charge in all cities. You start getting Culture immediately, and that'll go a long way to a cultural win as well. . .

Top Bottom