Preview: Panzergrenadiers

Zeekater

hasn't been using drugs
It's a MultiFigure Unit with Ripptide's SdKfz 251_1 and the PTW German Rifleman and Heavy Machinegunner :)
This is the default anim, the original is a bit better quality.
Is this a good combo, or should it have another combo, with more units, less units...?

Attachments

• panzergrenadier default.gif
    panzergrenadier default.gif
    303.2 KB · Views: 231
Here are some other options;
Having difficulty deciding which would look best :)

Attachments

• UNTITLED2.JPG
    UNTITLED2.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 84
  • UNTITLED3.JPG
    UNTITLED3.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 68
  • UNTITLED6.JPG
    UNTITLED6.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 56
The foot units looks a bit small. :confused: I think you should use the first attachment (UNTITLED2). It looks a bit more realistic then. Good luck!:)

Luddi VII said:
The foot units looks a bit small. :confused: I think you should use the first attachment (UNTITLED2). It looks a bit more realistic then. Good luck!:)

The foot units are that small so they look at scale with the Halftrack :)

I like the first one, but maybe you should increase the foot units size. although unreal, it´ll fit better with other units in the scenario and won´t occupy a large part of the tile. And, if that happened, what would you do with big tanks?

Mistfit said:
can you do a pic of what 2 or 3 of these units look like on adjoining tiles to see if that muddles things up?

I like the one that has one on one side and two on the other

These aren't units yet, those are just screenshots of SBB, so I can't really do that :lol:

The one with two on one side and one on the other is actually the heavy machinegunner, not 2 seperate units :)

I tried to make it seem like they were one unit, and making the infantry normal size makes it look ackward IMO, attached is a screenshot :)

Attachments

• infantrynormalsize.jpg
    infantrynormalsize.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 139
Unit is finally done :)

I couldn't attach it as a normal attachment here, so I posted it at CDG because I'm a lazy bum :p

Thx to Winter for fixing the shadows.
The death has one man falling "in" the halftrack in two directions, probably not very noticable ingame.

Attachments

• PanzergrenadierAttackA.gif
    PanzergrenadierAttackA.gif
    266.5 KB · Views: 98
Hm, I'm thinking about doing something similar for the US, using that M3 halftrack ripptide made.
But since the US's infantry divisions were ALL mobilized (a US infantryman didn't have to walk long distances, they could all be transported, contrary to Germany) perhaps it isn't necessairy and the regular animations could be used and have an extra movement point :)
Any interest in those?

Top Bottom