Preview: Railroads

Pounder

Phaethon was here
Some may feel that the railroads are too dominating when the map is fully railroaded.

There have been a few versions of light railroads.

My idea to reduce rail coverage was to add telephone/telegraph poles and at the same time remove the railroads completely from the fully railed tiles.

The railroads will still show mostly along the coasts and around lakes, and the tpoles will indicate that the rails have been built and the benefit is present, but there is less graphic clutter and the layers below irrigation and such will become more visable.

I have added 3 buildings to the fully railed tiles, no buildings on the other tiles. So about 1% of the total file (272 tiles) has buildings and about 18% (3 of 17) of the fully tiled have buildings.

Since the buildings are part of the file, the wires can go over the buildings.

The rails still start and grow as they always have as the workers build them, it is only as the fully railed tiles start to show will the disappear.

Telephone poles appear throughout the file.

Looks interesting, Pounder, sir.
From the other hand, it may be not informative for player with different vision of railroads style. I (personally) 'd prefer to see railroads anyway and your work on them is a true eyecandy! :) anyway, personal preference decides, IMHO.

Maybe I picked a bad preview, there are still railroads that are displayed as they are being built and along shore lines and lakes even after the map is fully railroaded. It is only the tiles that go off in all eight direction on a tile that you will only see a telephone/telegraph poll and farm buildings.

I find that more of the other graphics are visable while still being able to know that the tile has been worked.

Here is another preview with a variety of development.

Looks splendid :thumbsup: (BTW, by 1914, every tile on just about every map containing Europe would have had a RR on each tile.)

... Um, what are those intriguing, huge, SF seagoing ships you're showing on the screenshot in the previous Post? Inquiring minds want to know :D

Cheers,

Oz

galactica . ı had it from Sci-fi section of the downloads . Would like to get some of the fighters too . Would also take the rails when ı mange to get the game again for my new computer .

galactica . ı had it from Sci-fi section of the downloads . Would like to get some of the fighters too . Would also take the rails when ı mange to get the game again for my new computer .

Ah. Flamand's creation. :) TY. I'm always on the lookout for whatever might plausibly be used as SF seagoing vessels.

:thanx: ,

Oz

Top Bottom