1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Previous Mod Add Civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by High_Elf_Lord-M, Jan 28, 2008.

1. High_Elf_Lord-M

High_Elf_Lord-M Chieftain

Hi
    i love playing the rise of mankind mod for BTS but was wondering if there was a guide or even if anyone could tell me how to add a civilization to a mod!
    any help would be gratefully recieved!:D

2. Aranor

Aranor Emperor

3. High_Elf_Lord-M

what is the diffrence between a non modular and a modular?
    lets just say a modular one! :D

4. Aranor

Aranor Emperor

well modular civs are easy. All you need to do is copy the Modular folder in the custom civilization's directory ie: the Iraq civ. Then paste it into the assets folder in the mod you want the civ in. If its non modular it takes much more work.

5. High_Elf_Lord-M

unfortuantly the mod i wanted to use the extra civs with dosnt have a modules folder in the the assets folder. i tried copying a modules folder into the assests folder but it didnt load any new civs :(

6. troytheface

troytheface Deity

deleted- fix solution wouldn't wrk

7. Aranor

Aranor Emperor

ok now you need to activate modular loading. First go into the Mod's .ini file its is usually in the [Modname] folder next to the assets folder. Open that up in word pad and find the Modular Loading tag. Change that from 0 to 1

Then go to your CivilizationIV.ini file in my games and do the same thing. Fine the Modular Loading tag ( its about halfway down if I remember correctly). And change it from 0 to 1. Then try to load the mod again.

8. High_Elf_Lord-M

omg that is so cool, i added the civ gold mod folder in there (mod with loads of civs) and guess what it worked :D:D:D
    thank you so much :D
    i got a couple of xml errors when loading but ill find out which civ is causeing the errors and take it out.
    i tried the long way of adding the civ by xml and made a complete mess of it!
    but now i can play as scotland which was what i wanted so once again thank you so much !

9. gram123

gram123 Chieftain

You are getting errors in XML because RoM is using different unit classes... (ie naval class dosent exsist in RoM) As a result when you try to add Norway they have a Longboat witch is set to be naval class but to fit with RoM it should have been Woodenship class...

To fix this you need to locate _CIV4UnitInfos file and open in with a standart text editor. Then locate the unit causing error msg. and change the variable <Combat>UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL</Combat> to <Combat>UNITCOMBAT_WOODEN_SHIPS</Combat>
    This will work for old naval special units, you will have to look up for your self which class the unit should have to fit for RoM classes