1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Price for a tile I already own

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by tbplayer59, Mar 16, 2016.

1. tbplayer59

tbplayer59 Chieftain

What does it mean when I select a city, select to Buy a tile, and the map shows a price for a tile I already own? If it matters, there's a silver mine on it that I built.

It just dawned on me that I could click on it and then if something terrible happens like losing 180 gold for nothing I could reload. Anyways, there's the question. Is this an error or a feature?

2. docbud

docbud Emperor

I'm thinking an error. I've never see the price of a tile after I already own it and select the buy button.

Which version of Civ V are you playing (vanilla, G&K, BNW?) Are you playing with mods?

3. ShakaKhan

ShakaKhan King

The only situation where that makes any sense is if you captured and are raising a city that has tiles within the 3-ring of another city that you own. Is this the case?

I've also noticed that sometimes the city screen lags quite a bit - I'll manually assign a tile, it doesn't seem to work, I'll click it again, and the tile is selected. Then, when I exit and re-enter city view, the tile is not selected and there's an unemployed citizen. Similarly, when I check the tile assignments immediately after a city grows, it will still have the previous population assignments, say "growth in 1 turn," but list the new population. After waiting several seconds, it fixes itself.

4. darkskies

darkskies Warlord

Means it's time for CivVI to come out all nice and bug-free? I've never noticed this but then I don't often need to buy tiles.

Can you post a pic of this?

5. tbplayer59

tbplayer59 Chieftain

Never mind. I clicked on it and it was actually referring to an adjacent tile, which was a mountain. Up till now, I thought we couldn't buy mountains. Sorry for the non-issue.

6. claudiupb

claudiupb King

If I recall correctly this is some bug that occurs when tiles overlap between cities, no matter how you assign them some citizens just won't get locked. To fix this press reset tiles, and then assign citizens one by one back to the tiles you want them to work.

It happens a lot, and if you have EUI you can see a little bit into why this happens. Basically each city has a set of tiles that belong to him, and some tiles, even though they are in workable radius belong to an additional city that overlaps (in EUI they are marked with blue). If you manually assign citizens form your initial city to tiles that technically belong to the neighboring city, I think it screws up some internal data for the neighboring city, and the bug will appear. If you reset the tiles, it will probably reset all the internal data and you correct the bug.

7. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

No bugs, only features.

8. darkskies

darkskies Warlord

Yeah, I can understand that, from time to time I've bought the wrong tile ;).