1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pride Week in My Little Town, and Why I Won't be Going

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lemon Merchant, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Morose & Lugubrious

more like LGBT pride charade hah amirite?? okay, I'll stop now. yeha, I agree that what was once a celebration is now a rally, there really is no other way to put it. I don't know if that's bad or good, just an observation.

advocating LGBT rights is the opposite of "the Lord's work" but ok

blown. the. fug. out.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Day 74 in straight people concentration camp...they are making us learn how to do interior decorating...i hope i can provoke one of the guards into killing me

tjs282, Birdjaguar, Imaus and 4 others like this.
  3. EnglishEdward

EnglishEdward Chieftain

Now you tell me. I am sure the EU will want one too.

Roads here closed for Pride Day and Lord Mayor's celebration usually when the wife wants me to go shopping.

4. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I must have missed where Jesus specifically said that being gay was a sin. I remember more the golden rule and don't judge others. And saying marriage between a man and a woman is good doesn't seem to condemn gay rights.

5. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

As far as I understand things, Jesus says that you still have to follow Mosaic law and the Old Testament is quite explicit on the matter.

6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Jesus also said that being sinful causes leprosy. Can't pick and choose :)
    St Peter (iirc) said that homosexuality is a major crime, but then again he said so also for just being lustful (heterosexual).
    Lexicus already mentioned the mosaic law, cause you should follow the teachings of a backward culture as... gospel. That said, not even Peter or the other apostles argued for christians having to follow the whole mosaic law. Eg circumcision in particular is not part of christianity, according to the apostles themselves.

7. yung.carl.jung

sometimes I really want to believe you're a parody account, because no one could type this bs with a straight face. poor wife of yours, send her my regards. I hope you two make it without eating the family dog.

then other times I think you're literally your avatar, some beer-bellied, union-jack wearing, pint-guzzling Ur-anglo lad. I genuinely wonder what the real English Eddy is like. very enigmatic creature.

8. Truthy

Truthy Titular character

You can peruse threads on CFC right now where this idea is dismissed. I absolutely agree with this, but defending it is a total pain that immediately draws suspicion or backlash in a lot of circles. In this sense, I feel like you've inadvertently set a trap by inviting anyone to give it a whirl.

9. yung.carl.jung

"being gay" wasn't even a concept at that time, neither was there a word for homosexuality. so your statement is kinda irrelevant. the only reference we have is sodomy, the act of anal sex, which is certainly something that almost every Christian account condemns very harshly.

the bible also doesn't explicitly say anything about "sex before marriage", because that isn't something that is talked about explicitly. but nonetheless almost every single christian account for a milennium seemed to be very critical of that.

10. yung.carl.jung

violence can definitely be good and justified. what if the UK, US and Russia just let Nazi Germany have its way? what about violence against a police state, a dictatorship, a colonial oppressor etc? many times in history violence has led to a preferable outcome, I'd argue. a complete rejection of violence is just stupid. it should be reserved for extreme cases, but then it still has its use.

Imaus likes this.
  11. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I guess it's a damn good thing that I prefaced my comment with "I must have missed" ;)

12. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

I must have missed where Jesus was even mentioned in this thread before this (I could well have missed it).

yung.carl.jung likes this.
  13. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I guess then it's a good thing that I believe it was all made up to keep control over the masses.
    8 Years of Catholic school worked wonders.

14. civvver

civvver Warlord

I think the issue here is the OP doesn't have a clearly defined objective. Thus she sees pride day as a party basically, not pushing for a political objective. Which is ok I guess? I think now that outlawing gay marriage has been deemed unconstitutional, some of the community does need a new political objective. To just say oh pride day is to raise awareness or end discrimination, that's not an objective at all. What kind of political policies can be implemented to end discrimination? Awareness just by itself doesn't do anything. Awareness to put some kind of political pressure on politicians does work. And I think we've done that, just a decade or two ago most politicians were anti gay marriage. Now it's hard to find any but the most staunch christian republicans who are against it. The next goal should be something like making gender a protection class in housing and employment discrimination.

Imaus likes this.
  15. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Master of Darkness

Day 75 Guards wont kill me ... Today we are learning how to name different colors ...

:lol:

shadowplay and Lexicus like this.
  16. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Yeah, these days it's hard to not find a democrat not participating in a Gay pride event.

17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

One negative too many?

18. Truthy

Truthy Titular character

Ugh, this is what I mean. Yes, I am a proudly pro-D-Day American. I'd D-Day everyday if I could. My bad for thinking this can go unsaid. But we are talking about the context of 20-somethings attempting to make eligible for violence people who believe in behavioral dimorphisms or care a wee too much about Shapley values and rationality models.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  19. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Probably. ;) but you understood what I was trying to say, sooooooooo.................:p
    Tough to be an American and trying to type English. :lol:

tjs282 and Kyriakos like this.
  20. yung.carl.jung

I love this quote so much I might get it tatted on my forehead. thoughts?

could be a chorus for a rap song, too.

I'D D DAY ERRYDAY

Truthy likes this.