Priest murdered, hostages taken during mass at French church

Yes it kind of started out as an analogy, but by the end it was just talking about "the rape victims" as if that had been the topic all along. Like I said, seamless.

Your suggestive 'analysis' certainly was:

Still, kudos for suddently and seamlessly making it about rape.

IS actually uses rape as a means of terrorism. I guess you missed that in the news.

And no thanks for completely missing the point. Which I won't bother to reiterate this time. Some people just seem intent on missing the point.

Please, continue with your expert opinion on rape. Since you think that was the topic.

Your suggestive 'analysis' certainly was:

What was suggestive about it at all? I just replaced "rape" with "generic barbaric act" and "ISIS/innocent women" with "Person A/Person B" in order to generalise what you had said and try and remove it from the emotive example you'd attached the reasoning to. Apart from that I pretty much repeated exactly what you stated as your viewpoint didn't I? If I didn't, then where exactly did I go astray?

IS actually uses rape as a means of terrorism. I guess you missed that in the news.

Yes but so what. The post you were directly repling to was talking about murderers. You suddenly switched it to be about rapists. Your guess is duly noted though.

And no thanks for completely missing the point. Which I won't bother to reiterate this time. Some people just seem intent on missing the point.

Please, continue with your expert opinion on rape. Since you think that was the topic.

Actually, if you re-read my post, you'll note that I only mentioned rape in the one throwaway line at the end, precisely because it's not the topic. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered given that 90% of the response I got was about that and not the bit above.

As for the bit above, I still maintain it was a pretty accurate representation of what you said, just placed in a general form. If you don't wish to tell me why it isn't and don't wish to reiterate your point in some other terms then I guess that's that. You can blame me for being "intent" on missing your point if you like, but I'll just note that you're the one who is seemingly unwilling to give me any hint as to how I'm missing it.

What was suggestive about it at all? I just replaced "rape" with "generic barbaric act" and "ISIS/innocent women" with "Person A/Person B" in order to generalise what you had said and try and remove it from the emotive example you'd attached the reasoning to. Apart from that I pretty much repeated exactly what you stated as your viewpoint didn't I? If I didn't, then where exactly did I go astray?

The suggestion that the topic was rape. Which it wasn't. Perhaps you 'missed' that in your analysis.

The post you were directly repling to was talking about murderers. You suddenly switched it to be about rapists.

Here's that same 'suggestion' again. The only person who seems to think the topic was rape appears to be you.

Actually, if you re-read my post, you'll note that I only mentioned rape in the one throwaway line at the end, precisely because it's not the topic. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered

Indeed you shouldn't have.

So, do you have anything to add to the discussion, or would you like to continue harping on about this suggested rape topic?

Interestingly, the 'topic' of religion seems to suddenly have completely disappeared. Which I reckon is a good thing. As it doesn't clarify anything.

Related: Merkel's approval ratings have plunged 12% in just one month, and only 34% of Germans now approve her welcoming refugee policy. Popularity of politicians calling for a reversal of the refugee policy surging (e.g., Horst Seehofer).

The suggestion that the topic was rape. Which it wasn't. Perhaps you 'missed' that in your analysis.

Here's that same 'suggestion' again. The only person who seems to think the topic was rape appears to be you.

Indeed you shouldn't have.

So, do you have anything to add to the discussion, or would you like to continue harping on about this suggested rape topic?

Interestingly, the 'topic' of religion seems to suddenly have completely disappeared. Which I reckon is a good thing. As it doesn't clarify anything.

It's amazing that you say I'm not adding anything to the discussion when you write a reply like that which basically says nothing at all, other than that you think that I think the topic is rape, despite me repeatedly saying that I don't think that. Once again - it was a throwaway line at the end of my post. My point was actually criticising your reasoning for apparently blaming the "Person Cs" for being just as culpable for atrocities as "Person As", just because they dared to speculate on the motivations for the "Person As". Something you've not addressed at all other than telling me I'm (wilfully, for some reason) "missing the point". But you don't want to tell me why I've missed the point or how that doesn't represent your actual views, despite you appearing to basically say as much. Instead you just want to keep banging on about rape, whilst simultaneously telling me you don't want to talk about rape. Weird.

That's incredibly dumb. Murderers in Italy tend to be baptized Catholics because everyone tends to be a baptized Catholic in Italy. That has nothing to do with Catholicism, just like regular murderers in Saudi Arabia or Iran tend to be invariably Muslims, but that has nothing to do with Islam.

But when the murderers themselves claim to be doing it in the name of Islam, and a self-proclaimed Islamic organization claims their acts, then it's fair to say it had to do with religion.
Well, if we're going by the analogy of Italian criminals, the Mafia, Camorra, Ndrangheta, etc. always swear loyalty to their bosses and the organisation by the saints and so on. Often they're also unofficially endorsed by the Church. Even so, most of Christianity reviles them and the Pope himself has disowned them. Are they religiously motivated?
Related: Merkel's approval ratings have plunged 12% in just one month, and only 34% of Germans now approve her welcoming refugee policy. Popularity of politicians calling for a reversal of the refugee policy surging (e.g., Horst Seehofer).
After the repeated moments of popular support for events and movements such as Brexit, the current Republican nomination in the US, Trumpismo, Dilma, etc. we can't use ‘the people’ as an argument.

Unless you want ‘vox populi, vox dei’. :)

Well, if we're going by the analogy of Italian criminals, the Mafia, Camorra, Ndrangheta, etc. always swear loyalty to their bosses and the organisation by the saints and so on. Often they're also unofficially endorsed by the Church. Even so, most of Christianity reviles them and the Pope himself has disowned them. Are they religiously motivated?
No, and you know very well the mafia has nothing to do with ISIS. The mafia is all about personal gain, making money. The romantic adherence to some ethical or even Catholic codes, as depicted in the Godfather, is pure fantasy. Organizations like the Camorra are extremely degenerate and nihilistic: I doubt they even do the "burning saint" ceremony these days.

After the repeated moments of popular support for events and movements such as Brexit, the current Republican nomination in the US, Trumpismo, Dilma, etc. we can't use ‘the people’ as an argument.

Unless you want ‘vox populi, vox dei’. :)

Problem is, we can't really ignore the majority opinion just because we think we're more enlightened and "know better". Maybe Merkel is right and the great majority of Germans are wrong about her refugee policy, but at the end of the day she works for the Germans, not the other way around. They can fire her, she can't fire them.

Great, another loony...

The only 'relation' would be that this is old news. I read it during the recent elections.

Meanwhile, in Rouen near where this incident occured, 13 people were killed by a birthday cake.

Thanks, Merkel.

I'll wait for election results, if you don't mind. Polls also indicated that Brexit would not win.

Top Bottom