1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Faction 4 registration and debate.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Sign up here if you want to run for Prime Faction. Only those listed here will appear on the election poll. Factions may also lay out their platforms here and debate issues. Citizens and lurkers may post questions here for Factions that are running. The target date to put up the election poll is wednesday and will run until friday. This is just a suggestion and is subject to change. Please include a link to your factions thread when signing up. Thank you and good luck everyone....

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

3. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Our current civics are: Hereditary Rule, Nationalism, Slavery, Free Market, and Theocracy

The Federation obviously will adopt Representation but what other civics will you change?

4. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Free Speech/Caste System/Free Market/Organized Religion to begin the new era with.

We will adopt Free Speech because of its cultural bonuses (which will do well with Organized Religion) and because of its +1 commerce for towns, which will add a nice bonus form cities like Arkadia.

Caste System will be adopted because of opposition to slavery, and it has that merchant/scientist/artist adding power that is always nice.

Free Market will stay the same, mercantilism does not work for our current trade system, which will benefit more from an all around increase to trade routes in cities; also, Free Market makes the most sense in comparison to our RPG system.

Organized Religion will be adopted as the next step to our old Vassalage/Theocracy to Free Speech/Organized Religion approach. For those of you who forget or don't know, the idea of these two civics was to aim towards a strong military to confront the Babylonians, and then switch to a more economic-building civic pair (OR & FS) to jumpstart a large economy.
    To explain this in more detail, here is the basic synergy behind the two:
    Vassalage/Theocracy currently gives us more experience to troops produced with the Hindu religion present, and Vassalage gives more experience on top of that. This military combo worked, but now needs to be scraped in order to harden the economy.

Free Speech/Organized Religion would greatly improve our infrastructure by doing the following things. Organized religion would give us a 25% build increase to buildings with Hindu present. That is great in itself, but when paired to markets, which would rack in more gold in less time with +1 commerce for towns, and and cultural buildings, which would be doubled and produced in less time, the combo becomes a force to be reckoned with.

The war outlook allows for this as well, as New Arkadia is now defended a lot better both by land and sea, as well as a majority of Arentania as the Bab war is over which will allow us to re position some troops.

5. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Loosing Hereditary Rule and Nationalism is going to put Venice and Seville very close to their happiness limits, maybe we could rush one last time before revolting?

Also we can save a turn of anarchy by keeping Slavery (people are going to demand Emancipation before to long any way) unless you are planning to use Caste System to get us some great Merchants for Sid's Sushi.

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Can't keep slavery with representation.

Too clear up some confusion on where the Federation stands:

Who said we were going to be in a defensive war? In the case of the federation the EGAH will decide whether we remain at war or make peace. If we stay at war then it will be offensive. As for the missionaries, Hindu religion comes first as I stated.

Remember most of us have tried to stay in character with the times. We have moved on too colonial times and left the Medieval holy war mentality their. I didn't hear this much backlash when you unilaterally decided to raze the Taoist Capital.

8. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I am just staying in character with the warlords :)

9. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I heard something about that you wanted to use FR. Was that a mistake on my part or what?

10. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I know Provo, but I have to clear up an misconceptions about the Federation. The Faction will merely represent the citizenry, if the citizens want war, then war it is, if they want peace and prosperity then so be it. I really wish you would stay in the election. It would be 4 on 4 since VW wants an alliance and anybodies game.

11. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

1889, in response to the happiness question, both cities are workable without whipping; it will most likely be the case that happiness will need to be re-worked after the monarchy switch, but if Venice and Seville are some of the hardest to revamp, that problem will ease away without fuss.

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes, the war weariness is worn off and there is little effect left from the draft that is much to worry about.

13. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Since there was no objection to the Wednseday start date for the PF election I will post the poll at Noon 12 PM (GMT) Wednseday Sept 16th (today!). It will be open for 72 hours and end Saturday at noon. So any Factions that are not registered need to if they want to run.

14. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

No, please don`t do it yet. Wait till the AD is up before doing it.

15. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Too late vra, we can continue the debate while the poll is up for the next 3 days. The Ad is being taken care of as we speak.