Prime Minister Succession Bill (Proposal)

Red Door

Man of Mayhem
In case of an emergency where the Prime Minister is unable to serve, there needs to be a plan on who becomes the prime minister temporarily, or until the term ends. Since downtown has made no Vice-PM, this makes our job a little bit difficulty. Here is my proposal for the succession line:

Attorney General
Foreign Minister
Sec. of The Interior
Sec. of Finance and Business
Sec. of Defense
Sec. of Education and Science
Sec. of the Environment
Supreme Court Chief Justice
Leading Opposition Party Chariman
2nd Leading Opposition Party Chairman

I am not looking to submit this bill as it stands, as it needs to be made more formal, and a final order needs to be decided on. I also need 2 endorsements.

Comments/Questions?

I know I am GM here, merely pointing out a constitutional thing FYI.

Overall a good proposal (idea), but the Supreme Court Justice can never be Prime Minister at the same time, due to the separation of powers.

I know I am GM here, merely pointing out a constitutional thing FYI.

Overall a good proposal (idea), but the Supreme Court Justice can never be Prime Minister at the same time, due to the separation of powers.

I think that the person would have to sacrifice their previous post to become PM.

That is the idea. Whether they're "Acting" PM or actually PM, they're no longer what they are. Although I've seen systems where they would be both simultaneously (as "acting" head and at their old post). However, for the purposes of Civilitas, it would be better to have a dedicated PM, acting or otherwise, in charge.

Besides, assuming we have an emergency situation (and not merely "the PM is going to surgery, therefore, the next in line gets to play the part for a few hours"), this will cut down on any chances of political power plays taking place because the successor has their hands in multiple cookie jars.

Top Bottom