1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada (3d - anim - era - icons - texts)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Jul 10, 2004.

1. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

The files are:
    http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/canada01.zip
    http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/civs/canada02.zip

Civilization: Canada
    Bonuses: Industrious and Scientific
    Title and leader: Prime Minister Trudeau
    Best/shunned government: Democracy and Communism.
    Agression: 01 (very low).
    Cultural group: American.
    Noun: Canadians
    Adjective: Canadian
    Colors: Dark Red (Catharge) and Gray (India)
    UU: Mountie
    Civilopedia entry: RACE_CANADA

Cities:
    Ottawa
    Toronto
    Montreal
    Vancouver
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Quebec city
    Winnepeg
    Hamilton
    London
    Kitchener
    St Catherines-Niagara
    Halifax
    Victoria
    Windsor
    Oshawa
    Saskatoon
    Regina
    St John's
    Sudbury
    Jonquiere
    Sherbrooke
    Barrie
    Kelowna
    Abbotsford
    Kingston
    Trois Rivieres
    Saint John
    Thunder Bay
    Moncton
    Fredericton
    Charlottetown
    Whitehorse
    Guelph
    Iqaluit
    Medicine Hat
    Alert
    Prince George
    Red Deer
    Swift Current
    Lethbridge
    Summerside
    Stratford
    Nanaimo
    Kincordine
    Corner brook
    Coquitlam
    Gatineau
    Kamloops
    Gander
    Whistler
    Brandon

Military leaders:
    Wolfe
    Montcalm
    Brock
    Currie
    Pearkes

Scientific ones:
    Sir Frederick Banting
    Sid Altman
    Bert Brockhouse
    Gerhard Herzberg
    David Hubel

Civilopedia:
    Special thanks to Stainz for had written the Civilopedia.

The first settlers on Canadian soil are believed to be peoples of Asiatic decent who migrated via the Aleutian land bridge to the continent between 12 and 30 thousand years ago. By 10,000 B.C., several tribes were spread across almost 4,000,000 square miles. An elaborate social system, with economic and military networks would arise by 500 B.C.
    The first European visitors were the Norsemen at the turn of the first millennium, setting camp in modern-day Newfoundland and trading with local native tribes. Canada was not permanently settled until the arrival of the French in the early 16th century. Jacques Cartier's misunderstanding of the native word [kanata], meaning [village] or [settlement], gave rise to the name 'Canada' for the land as a whole. A series of treaties shifted control of the region from the English to the French in 1679, back to England in 1713, to France again in 1748, and finally under British control once more in 1763.
    England's Constitutional Act of 1791 saw the province of Quebec divided into Upper and Lower Canada. After the American Revolution many United Empire Loyalists left the United States and emigrated to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Quebec. The division into Upper and Lower Canada gave the Loyalists who settled west of the Ottawa River the chance to organize and develop along their own lines.
    Lord Durham published a report in 1840 that called for the union of the two territories into one. In 1841, the Act of Union created the territory which was given Cartier's term 'Canada'. The treaty of 1842 settled the boundary between the United States and the British territories in the east; and by the treaty of 1846 the 49th parallel was agreed upon as the boundary from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific. In the east, in 1840, Upper and Lower Canada were reunited as the province of Canada.
    In 1867 the British North America Act brought together the provinces of Canada, divided into Ontario and Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, to form the Dominion of Canada. In 1869, having acquired the rights from the Hudson's Bay Company, the Dominion transformed the former Rupert's Land and the area beyond the Rocky Mountains into the North West Territories. In 1870, the old Red River settlement joined the Dominion as the province of Manitoba. In 1871 British Columbia joined the union. In 1873 Prince Edward Island joined Confederation.
    World War I saw the coming of age of Canada as a nation and the disillusionment of a generation concerning Empire and causes. WWI was the most costly conflict that Canada was ever involved with and was mainly fought to support the political aims and ambitions of the British Empire, although Canada's role earned it a seat in the League of Nations. Later, the country's military role in global affairs would be developed through peacekeeping.
    The role of the United Nations supplying forces to keep the peace was first suggested by Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson, when he was serving at the UN as Canada's representative. This idea has become one of the central fixtures in UN activities throughout the world. Pearson was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for the inspiration and Canada has become the most important and respected player in peacekeeping duties throughout the world.
    As an affluent, high-tech industrial society, Canada today closely resembles the US in its market-oriented economicsystem, pattern of production, and high living standards. Since World War II, the impressive growth of the manufacturing, mining, and service sectors has transformed the nation from a largely rural economy into one primarily industrial and urban. With its great natural resources, skilled labour force, and modern capital plant Canada enjoys solid economic standing as a member of the global "Group of 7", along with the United States, Japan, Germany, Italy,Great Britain and France.

Montie, the UU:
    Replaces Cavalry, all terrains as road (PTW-C3C) or one extra offensive point (Vanilla), the unit comes together with these files.

2. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

You have NO idea how long I've been waiting for this one. Thank-you! Thank-you!

3. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

My pleasure ;)
    If u have civis request, tell me, maybe I can help u again ;) In the future I hope do a civ from Quebec (just Quebec), but not right now.

4. aaminion00

aaminion00 Stoned

Great job! Are you taking any requests?

And I could've swore there was a specific mounty unit... i'll go check.

5. Ankka

Ankka Deity

Nice... the smiling one looks like it has no teeth in the front, BTW. Or is it meant to be so? :hmm:

6. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

Nice that you made the aciant one Roman..I don't really get why, but atleast it is kinda a mini Roman leader too.

7. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

8. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

Woah! He makes a better Roman leaderhead than the Firaxis Ceasar! D'ya think that meybee you could re-do the last Era without the Canadian Flag and maybee something like a Legion one in the Background (Red flag with the golden letters S P Q R something relatively easy like that) if it wouldn't be too much trouble? I obviously have no Idea how much work this would be, but, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
    It looks great but I don't have a Canadian Civ, so, with the Canadian flag in the background I won't get a chance to use it!
    Or
    As another suggestion (but probably more work) a generic office background so people can use it for more than Canada alone. I mean no offense to Canada but I tend to play on world maps and use more "native" start locations (Turks starting in Asia, Canada inhabited by Iriquois etc...)

9. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

I'm doing severals leaderheads these days, I have a big list, but it is my favourite hobby, I love when this list grows :D If u have a request, post ;)
    The mounted unit was added in Canadian civ, check the last link of the firt post, there is a image of it.

His tooth is okay, maybe the view (angle) does he look like without thooth :lol:

Actily, a new background as your suggestion is not hard to be done, but, by accident, I deleted all the files of Canadian civilization :( :cry: :mad: , I just have the files that I uploaded and other few files, for this reason, I'm not able to do changes at this time. For luck I deleted after have uploaded here. I save all the essencial files of my civis for future changes, if I'd like to do anyone in Canadian civ in the future, I'll have to made again the Trudeau leaderhead, all the eras :eek: Well, accidents happen...

@To other fellows: thanks for all the support, suggestions and ellogies!!! :love:

10. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

Sorry to hear that. Thank you anyway...

11. aaminion00

aaminion00 Stoned

Ah yes, but that's a Bandit unit. There was an actual Mountie unit. Check it out.

And for the leaderheads, do you think you could maybe add Alija Izetbegovic of the Bosnians to your to do list? I can provide you with info/pics when you need them.

12. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

Of course my friend, but not know, use the link of my sign to check the list request ("link to some of my leaders"). PS: this list is not he newest, actily it is bigger now.

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

This turned out good! I wonder why you made the ancient one Roman-estue, but oh-well.

14. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Trudeau read alot of classical history/ philosophy, so the Roman-esque ancient picture works for him. I suppose that it would make more sense for a Canadian leader to be dressed in a big fur-lined parka or something like that in that period, but I like this leaderhead too much to criticise it.

15. Dark Russell

Dark Russell Octagonecologyst

The industrial age picture looks a bit like Darrel Sittler from the famous Russia-Canada hockey match in '71 (I think it was '71??).

16. Anarki

Anarki Prince

Nice one! :goodjob: I've been looking for a Canadian Leaderhead. I haven't tested it yet, but when I have I'll get back to you. Also, I request an Astralian Civ. I know one already exists, but it's a bit crap.

17. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Are you insulting R8XFt's Excellent Aussie leaderhead? Or maybe you havn't seen it yet.

18. Anarki

Anarki Prince

Indeed I am. It's not very good IMO. I am a fan of Attila and Yacoub though.

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

You have the right to your opinion, but calling someones work "a piece of crap" is uncalled for.

20. Anarki

Anarki Prince

Hehe. Anyway, I've tested out the Canadian Leader and I've decided to keep it. One thing though, the blue bruise around his eye on the defeated pcx looks really fake, and crap.